Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

number2
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2011, 6:48 pm

I have Aspergers and chronic depression and I smoke weed illegally and I find its starting to help with me being less obessisive and repetitive and helps ease my depression.
So I was wondering if I could get the marijuana prescribed to me so I can get the cleanest possible weed to smoke?

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 6:59 pm

:lmao:

Avengilante
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2011, 7:08 pm

Unfortunately there are so many pharmaceutical antidepressants on the market, its not likely marijuana would ever be approved as an antidepressant (even though it has none of the long-term side effects). Big Pharma does not like competition from Mother Nature.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:10 pm

It would be easier to go to a real psychiatrist and inquire about legal meds that do the same thing and would probably cost less even if you don't have insurance. It sounds like you want a license to enable your stoner lifestyle.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

number2
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2011, 7:15 pm

John_Browning wrote:
It would be easier to go to a real psychiatrist and inquire about legal meds that do the same thing and would probably cost less even if you don't have insurance. It sounds like you want a license to enable your stoner lifestyle.

I'm already on meds but im still not happy becuase im not smoking enough grass.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:35 pm

number2 wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

I'm already on meds but im still not happy becuase im not smoking enough grass.

The weed and meds could be working against each other and you may need an adjustment as well. If you smoke that might not be helping either. And no biomedical treatment is a substitute for therapy. They are supposed to be used together.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:40 pm

I'd love to get qualified for some of that stuff, but for another reason. If it would help me to get my appetite back, sign me up!

number2
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

I stoped taking my meds and am starting to feel better.
Meds made me gain weight be more unhappy caused me to not give a s**t.
Where as weed calms me down dosent make me too hungry lets me enjoy life, like I get the energy from weed to start ripping it on my bike and going so fast that I can almost catch up to traffic its such a beautiful feeling.
and yes weed cuts dosent make me want to eat that much and I get too paraniod to eat junk so if I eat at all its usually somthing healthy like a small sandwitch with water.

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 10:15 pm

If you live in a state that has a medical cannabis law, take a copy of your regular doctor's notes saying you have depression or AS to a DOCTOR who recomends marijuana and you will get a legal recomendation. It will cost about $100 but then you will not feel guilty or be parinoid about getting busted for using a substance that helps you. Just ask you regular doc for a copy of your medical records where you have been diagnosed for depression, AS or any other condition for which you feel that MJ helps you. You don't have to tell him/her why you want it. You have a legal right to your medical records and it''s a good thing to have a copy for your own records anyway. This is assuming that cannabis does really help you. Good luck and happy legal toking.

number2
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2011, 10:42 pm

emtyeye wrote:
If you live in a state that has a medical cannabis law, take a copy of your regular doctor's notes saying you have depression or AS to a DOCTOR who recomends marijuana and you will get a legal recomendation. It will cost about $100 but then you will not feel guilty or be parinoid about getting busted for using a substance that helps you. Just ask you regular doc for a copy of your medical records where you have been diagnosed for depression, AS or any other condition for which you feel that MJ helps you. You don't have to tell him/her why you want it. You have a legal right to your medical records and it''s a good thing to have a copy for your own records anyway. This is assuming that cannabis does really help you. Good luck and happy legal toking.

I live in Canada not the US or the UK. =/

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 10:53 pm

It would also relieve my heel of that chronic pain caused by tendinitis.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 12:40 am

I smoke it because it helps with my depression, anxiety and PTSD and it makes me feel a bit less akward around people...Studies actually indicate it can help with depression, anxiety, PTSD and AS or Autism. The trouble is in most states where medicinal marijuana is legal it is more difficult to get it for psychological reasons than for physical reasons it can be done though. Not sure how, still trying to work that out so I can maybe be approved for it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 12:42 am

Well reading back you live in Canada...so yeah not too sure how it works there.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 2:19 am

I really do not believe the psychological aspects are proven. It can also create anxiety and reduce motivations. IF this were any other approved substance I'd be saying nothing works for everyone. There is also the possibility that without it after enjoying it increases depression, anxiety and so on and taking it again reduced these psychological factors where applicable. The pot movement is about the feel good high and don't tell me what to do ideas in my opinion. This conversation then can go onto alcoholism is much worse and so is smoking.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 8:11 am

I find that assessing my position in life is better than using medicines of any sort.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 8:57 am

John_Browning wrote:

sounds to me like the OP is enabaling theirself to feel better, which I cannot blame anyone for.