Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

MetalAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Sep 2011, 1:51 am

Any other aspies on here who like to skateboard?

If so, what are your favourite...

Companies: Creature, Baker, and Anti-Hero
Skaters: Tony Trujillo, Sammy Baca, Don Nguyen
Trucks: Independents
Wheels: Spitfires
Bearings: Bones Reds
Grip Tape: Mob
Tricks: Bonelesses, and any boneless variation

bdubs
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Sep 2011, 9:53 pm

I skateboard but not as much as I use to. I skated street for about 2 years when i was in high school. Now I have a longboard and when I skate I try to mimic surfing. Watching the X games this past I was blown away by the concrete park contest. The way the skaters flowed with there lines on the course was awesome. It makes me want to find a concrete park and give it a try haha.

Favorite skaters: Tom Penny, Chris Cole, Nyjah Houston, and Rune Glifberg.
I still have my a street board it has:
Trucks: Destroyer
Deck: Element
Wheels: Darkstar
Grip: Jesup

bdubs
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Sep 2011, 9:55 pm

Here is a clip from the past X-games park course.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtjxApT-gOU[/youtube]

MetalAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2011, 1:25 am

Nice dude! That tranny looks awesome, I'd love to shred that. If you're into like bowl skating and s**t, you'd love this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNAaAUl04rk

Dingo7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Sep 2011, 2:29 am

I like skating... i went for a skate today actually... im not that great but i can do a few tricks here and there...

i dont own a board of my own so i borrow my friend enjoi setup that he never uses... its got blind trucks and wheels... redbone bearings i think they are called... and checkered black and white griptape... i mostly just do runs around the street section at the local skate park... and theres a nice little mini halfpipe thats heaps fun to try stuff on... my favorite trick would be any nollie-stall variation its fun to pop the nose off the coping and land in a decka or stall... looks smooth

Herman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2011, 7:30 pm

I was pretty obsessed skating till I was about 20 I guess. Never really got great at it, and now realise it probably had to do with the fact I have always been heavily dyspraxic. But I got to the stage of being able to heelflip pretty consistently, and doing small ollies over stuff.

Still have a ride every now and again, always wanted to ride concrete parks but never got the chance. Now Im old, out of practice and scared! I have finally learnt to "pump" now, which is fun. And im pretty keen on learning how to properly powerslide which I never managed.

Equipment wise:

Decks: A third foot (only british deck maker, and local to me)

Trucks: Independent

Bearings: Bones reds

Wheels & tape: Whatever

bdubs
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Sep 2011, 10:11 pm

Sick clip MetalAspie! Tony shreds!

jayessebee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Oct 2011, 10:25 am

I longboard, but my current deck is an old Mike Vallely pool board with independent trucks and Rat Bones

tapedeckghost5
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Dec 2011, 8:39 pm

I got a Stereo cruiser board for Christmas, and it is really fun. Usually I skate a Krooked board, but riding a cruiser is completely different. Its really fun to pretend to be a skater in the late '70s.

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2012, 6:39 pm

MetalAspie wrote:
Any other aspies on here who like to skateboard?

If so, what are your favourite...

Companies: Creature, Baker, and Anti-Hero
Skaters: Tony Trujillo, Sammy Baca, Don Nguyen
Trucks: Independents
Wheels: Spitfires
Grip Tape: Mob
Tricks: Bonelesses, and any boneless variation

I've been a skater for 13yrs. Pretty cool to know there are others on here who skate XD.

Companies: Santa Cruz, 5Boro, Alien Workshop, Destructo, Krux and Blueprint.
Skaters: Brian Hansen, Daewon Song, Andrew Reynolds, Devin Appelo and Albert Nyberg. Dylan Rieder too.
Tricks: Kflips, Tres, Bs flips, Nosegrinds

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 6:49 pm

I much prefer inline skating, I'd maybe like try aggressive inline one of these days, but if I were to drop any money into inline to bring it beyond rec level, I'd probably do inline figure skating (since it's already the ice skating discipline I try) or inline speed skating.

Skateboarding question, for skate shoes, are $3 Walmart Vans knockoffs acceptable? I think my main problem skateboarding as a kid was I never had a pair of skate shoes...

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2012, 11:27 am

1000Knives wrote:
I much prefer inline skating, I'd maybe like try aggressive inline one of these days, but if I were to drop any money into inline to bring it beyond rec level, I'd probably do inline figure skating (since it's already the ice skating discipline I try) or inline speed skating.

Skateboarding question, for skate shoes, are $3 Walmart Vans knockoffs acceptable? I think my main problem skateboarding as a kid was I never had a pair of skate shoes...

Pop some cheap insoles in there and they're not that bad. At least they're not slick like they used to be. I usually skate Airwalk slipons because there aren't many decent shoes for women and the mens shoes are too puffy for my narrow feet. They're like 20 bucks a pair and they go on sale all the time so I usually pay like 8 bucks, my fav shoe once broken in. Make sure you get a decent board too, it can be more important than the shoes (can be). Check zappos and skatewarehouse.com for completes to get you started :).

As for the skates, there are a lot of aggressive skates for around 100 bucks. For some reason the Roces M12 speak to me. Never really wanted any other skate than those.

GeorgeLouis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Aug 2019, 12:51 am

I skateboard in London. It's where I am from.

You guys should check out Auby Taylor, he's a pro skater with Asperger's. He's got instagram called ImagedKidUniverse (or some variation). Google him also.

I can kickflip and axle stall. Started when I was about 10 and went a handful of times, but couldn't get really good. Recently started getting back into it and really enjoy it.

Was diagnosed with Asperger's quite late.