Essential Love & Dating Advice (By and For WP Members)

Page 6 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 9:58 am

rhoades24 wrote:
This advice is pure nonsense.

Two things matter for any male to find success in dating: Looks, money and social status/social power.

Only .01% of men have this and that's why 99.8% of attractive women only go for the top .01%. All the same stale copies. End of story.

That is pure nonsense.

-an actual female

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 7:10 pm

rhoades24 wrote:

Two things matter for any male to find success in dating: Looks, money and social status/social power.

Only .01% of men have this and that's why 99.8% of attractive women only go for the top .01%. All the same stale copies. End of story.

That is pure nonsense (except perhaps on dating apps?). Obviously more than 0.01% of men do manage to get married, and there are plenty of other men who manage to get dates and sex without necessarily getting married. Regarding marriage rates in the U.S.A. see these census statistics.

When you speak of "99.8% of attractive women," what percentage of women do you consider to be "attractive," in the first place? If you are interested only in the 0.01% most attractive women, THAT could be a problem....

rhoades24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jun 2019, 8:38 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:

That is pure nonsense (except perhaps on dating apps?). Obviously more than 0.01% of men do manage to get married, and there are plenty of other men who manage to get dates and sex without necessarily getting married. Regarding marriage rates in the U.S.A. see these census statistics.

When you speak of "99.8% of attractive women," what percentage of women do you consider to be "attractive," in the first place? If you are interested only in the 0.01% most attractive women, THAT could be a problem....

5-10% of women depending on area. My numbers are arbitrary. Rather I just speak of the super high probability that the average to ugly male will ultimately fail to get a single date or instance of sex.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 6:29 am

rhoades24 wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:

5-10% of women depending on area. My numbers are arbitrary. Rather I just speak of the super high probability that the average to ugly male will ultimately fail to get a single date or instance of sex.

Why are you ignoring personality and character? My boyfriends were always chosen for their good nature, humour and intelligence, never on looks or social status.

As a teacher of adults with many years experience, the nice guys, whether short, ugly (if there is such a thing, who determines what beauty is anyway) or even disabled always manage to find a nice girl, even beautiful girls.

People get married and build their lives and fortunes together based on common values. A woman who only wants good looks, money and status is a bimbo anyway and would not make you happy. Humour and being kind will do it every time. Men need to learn to listen and understand women. Men who learn how to give women validation and attention despite their different way of thinking can captivate women. A woman recognises a man who truly loves women.

Those of us who are not conventionally attractive need to work more on our personalities, men and women both. The basis for a good marriage must be more substantial than superficial, material things.

Is it that communication is perhaps the biggest hurdle for those on the spectrum so having money or good looks evens up the odds where social skills fail? How long would that quality of connection last in a crisis such as chronic illness or worse?

rhoades24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jun 2019, 1:00 pm

Teach51 wrote:

Why are you ignoring personality and character? My boyfriends were always chosen for their good nature, humour and intelligence, never on looks or social status.

As a teacher of adults with many years experience, the nice guys, whether short, ugly (if there is such a thing, who determines what beauty is anyway) or even disabled always manage to find a nice girl, even beautiful girls.

People get married and build their lives and fortunes together based on common values. A woman who only wants good looks, money and status is a bimbo anyway and would not make you happy. Humour and being kind will do it every time. Men need to learn to listen and understand women. Men who learn how to give women validation and attention despite their different way of thinking can captivate women. A woman recognises a man who truly loves women.

Those of us who are not conventionally attractive need to work more on our personalities, men and women both. The basis for a good marriage must be more substantial than superficial, material things.

Is it that communication is perhaps the biggest hurdle for those on the spectrum so having money or good looks evens up the odds where social skills fail? How long would that quality of connection last in a crisis such as chronic illness or worse?

Look, not going to try and generalize here about "all women" so I avoid being called out a sexist, but I have yet to meet an attractive woman who "seemed" to appreciate my personality or character. None period! You speak of a world I don't know
exists nor have experienced.

If those disabled people found love then again never seen or experienced this. I can't relate nor understand as I've never experienced or seen any of this.

Yes, probably good looks and money evens it out, which I'm attempting to do. Any means necessary; steroids, plastic surgery on face and body, and working in investment/finance with the degree I will get very soon. Money and looks are probably the only thing that will save me from indefinite rejection, ostracization and constant isolation in a prison apartment for decades.

My personality will never be accepted by women I find attractive. Because none seem to have accepted it. Me as authentic self, so when you say "need to work on personality" what you seem to be saying is I need to make up things about myself and lie about my personality by expressing myself in fake ways like an actor does for movie. Wow! Really good advice!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 1:11 pm

rhoades24 wrote:
Teach51 wrote:

Look, not going to try and generalize here about "all women" so I avoid being called out a sexist, but I have yet to meet an attractive woman who "seemed" to appreciate my personality or character. None period! You speak of a world I don't know

If those disabled people found love then again never seen or experienced this. I can't relate nor understand as I've never experienced or seen any of this.

Yes, probably good looks and money evens it out, which I'm attempting to do. Any means necessary; steroids, plastic surgery on face and body, and working in investment/finance with the degree I will get very soon. Money and looks are probably the only thing that will save me from indefinite rejection, ostracization and constant isolation in a prison apartment for decades.

My personality will never be accepted by women I find attractive. Because none seem to have accepted it. Me as authentic self, so when you say "need to work on personality" what you seem to be saying is I need to make up things about myself and lie about my personality by expressing myself in fake ways like an actor does for movie. Wow! Really good advice!

I don’t think she’s advocating that you make stuff up and lie but, instead, that you accentuate your positives. During an initial date, no one’s going to want to hear a date complain endlessly about personal problems, talk only about him or herself, and fail to exemplify polite and attentive behavior.

If you have some character flaws, it’s always a good idea to work on them. That’s not going to make you any less you. It could make a You 2.0.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 16 Jun 2019, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rhoades24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jun 2019, 1:13 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:

I don’t think she’s advocating that you make stuff up and lie but, instead, that you accentuate your positives. During an initial date, no one’s going to want to hear a date complain endlessly about personal problems, talk only about him or herself, and fail to exemplify polite and attentive behavior.

Never done this before with any women. I appreciate your very false assumption to try and help me not be a bad person.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 1:16 pm

rhoades24 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Never done this before with any women. I appreciate your very false assumption to try and help me not be a bad person.

Your welcome!

And here I was worried that you might have bad manners...

rhoades24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jun 2019, 1:20 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:

Your welcome!

Haha, aren't you something sweet and obnoxious.

rhoades24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jun 2019, 1:21 pm

Bad manners! I guess I do get them if someone really wants me to get them.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 1:23 pm

rhoades24 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Your welcome!

Polite AND an excellent judge of character! A real ladies’ man...

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 11:50 am

rhoades24 wrote:
Teach51 wrote:

Look up Nick Vujicic.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 9:29 pm

rhoades24 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Your welcome!

Obviously Rhoades thinks that his view of all things pertaining to human relations reigns supreme, and we empty headed women understand nothing about .....women.
He also considers It legitimate to squash and dissect any kind person who takes the trouble to stop a moment, and tries to assist him in alleviating his problems, out of pure empathy and good intentions.

I think an apology to TwilightPrincess is in order. One should not "slap the hand that offers you assistance."
Twilight offers sound and smart advice.

Rhoades can stick his fingers in his ears, squeeze his eyes shut and stick out his tongue but it won't help him learn about women and their needs and mindset.

Badly done Rhoades. You have an opportunity to hone your people skills here and you are not exactly excelling. A little humility is necessary if we want to be liked. Nobody enjoys being talked down to.

rhoades24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jun 2019, 10:28 pm

Teach51 wrote:

Obviously Rhoades thinks that his view of all things pertaining to human relations reigns supreme, and we empty headed women understand nothing about .....women.
He also considers It legitimate to squash and dissect any kind person who takes the trouble to stop a moment, and tries to assist him in alleviating his problems, out of pure empathy and good intentions.

I think an apology to TwilightPrincess is in order. One should not "slap the hand that offers you assistance."
Twilight offers sound and smart advice.

Rhoades can stick his fingers in his ears, squeeze his eyes shut and stick out his tongue but it won't help him learn about women and their needs and mindset.

Badly done Rhoades. You have an opportunity to hone your people skills here and you are not exactly excelling. A little humility is necessary if we want to be liked. Nobody enjoys being talked down to.

What are you talking about? I never even asked for advice on this thread I just criticized the premise with some statistics I estimated. You must be not well. Maybe you are running a high fever that is making your brain overheat which has led to this message. I didn't say any woman was empty headed. You said it! Obviously not or else how would you type on here.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 12:39 am

Ceasefire.
There is a communication glitch here. You obviously can't see how hurtful you are being to everyone. I wish you all that your heart desires, I sincerely do.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 1:17 am

rhoades24 wrote:

Those things do matter to the vast majority of women to varying degrees, but generally not to the exclusion of a compatible temperament/personality, aligned life goals, etc. Everyone wants the best partner they're capable of attracting and most people want a "packaged deal" with regard to relationships.

rhoades24 wrote:

The idea that only 0.1 percent of men get relationships or have sex is insane. Only 12% of people are virgins after the age of 19, and even if we assume every single one of those people are guys, guys being roughly 50% of the population, that would mean that 24% of guys are virgins after 19, and that also means that at least 76% aren't. If women only go for the top 0.1 percent of guys then how did the other 75.9 percent get to have sex? Did they all go to prostitutes?

With online dating, the Pareto principle where 80% of the women are competing for 20% of the men is quite conceivable based on things like the OkCupid study where the women rated 80% of men below average, but in the real world, people tend to pair up with those who are similarly attractive, so 6/10s go with 6/10s etc, and where it doesn't happen that way it's because one partner is bringing different value to the relationship. A 3/10 man might be able to get an 8/10 woman if he's rich, for instance.

Overall, what you're saying has little basis in reality. If you picked a man at random from society, statistically he's much more likely to have had relationships than not, which wouldn't be the case if women only dated the top 0.1 percent of men