I feel like I should give up on dating.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Sextaesada
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 3:17 am

I feel like just giving up on finding someone, its like I'm going out of my way. But, I just never see anyone and when I do find someone I like, my strangeness pushes them away. I literally had a girl told me she wanted to loose her virginity before the end of the summer and I had no idea how to respond...she was cute I gave her a foot rub stared her in the eyes and stalked sweet it was nice but it went no where...she hasn't talked to me since, I do not see what I did wrong.
its hurting my self esteem a lot though no one ever seems interested in me, hell I just tried to be a girls friend..and she stopped talking to me. Heck I told a girl I thought she was cute, and that I really liked her. then she was a b***h too me! ugh, everytime I put forth effort towards someone I like it back fires..

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 5:34 am

Failure is a part of the process. At least you are trying. Try to remember what they did respond positively to and do more of that. Rinse and repeat. Just accept that you have some lumps coming as you learn.

Get yourself into a position to meet more women if you want to accelerate the process.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 7:16 am

Perhaps instead of saying she's cute, you could say she's amazing, exhilarating, very attractive, seductive, that you're thinking and daydreaming of her all the time ... puppies and kittens are cute, too. Women, however, want to be special to men. Tell her something special about herself, like that her smile is as beautiful as a sunrise over the ocean ... you get the idea.

Never give up on it, just change your approach.

Good luck!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 7:24 am

From how I see it you aren't doing anything wrong. You are on the right track! Just try not to take these women's reactions as passing for all of us.. it was just a few women.

If you continue to try, be sociable and do things, I am sure you will stay on the right track.

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 9:05 am

If girls are talking to you, just keep doing what you're doing. Don't stop to gather more information. If you do, you'll fall into the nasty pattern of thinking too much which plagues many people on here.

It may not sound logical but doing the same thing over and over, even if it fails, actually helps. Your reaction time quickens, your comfort rises, and you even start making small adjustments based on the only thing that matters; experience. All this happens without you even knowing.

michiganfan317
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2011, 9:29 am

You are doing great. You have to expect to take some hits on the road to success. I am kinda going through some of the same stuff. Everyday you will get a little better and I no time it will add up to some really positive things. Just keep going and don't give up. Once you give up its over.

Sextaesada
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 6:38 pm

thanks for the support I guess. :oops: I feel like there's no girls left, I think I will just wait to hit off with another girl...cause I really enjoyed talking with lilly then she all of the sudden stopped talking to me!

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 11:26 pm

I think 19 is too young to give up. I'm personally giving up (though a part of me still wants to try non-American women), but I'm 28.