Paul Morrissey says Warhol did nothing because of Asperger's

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 10:29 pm

Paul Morrissey directed the "Andy Warhol" movies in the late 1960s and 1970s and has subsequently expressed resentment of Warhol being credited for these films that he made. His most recent comment along these lines happened the other day,

Paul Morrissey...

"Andy had Asperger's Disease; he didn't do anything," groused Morrissey to interviewer James Toback at a special screening of his latest film News from Nowhere last Tuesday at the Walter Reade Theater. "What did Andy do?"...

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 8:53 am

The tit, goes to show how little of a brain he has when he goes on to say 'Asperger's disease'. His ego is diseased.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

That incorrect statement by Morrissey exposes the uneducated knowledge he has about Asperger's.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 9:21 pm

Morrissey is just upset because he did not get any credit.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 10:45 pm

It was way over the line for Morriessy to call it "Asperger's Disease". I'm not diseased and I don't need to be cured. If Asperger's was a disease, it would spread through the entire body and kill you. It's also not an illness. If Asperger's was an illness, everybody would have it, because it would be contagious.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 5:16 am

whether or whether not he participated in his own movies seems irelivent.as far as whether he was or wasnt lazy.woudnt that be like saying because beethoven only wrote 1 opera that he was a irelivent composer.it seems like andy's work on non movie mediums makes up for that

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 2:52 pm

Having read Andy Warhol's biography, there is no doubt in my mind that he was, in fact, and Aspie. He fits all the criteria, but you really wouldn't know it without really reading up on him.

tenzinsmom
Toucan
Toucan

29 Sep 2011, 6:26 pm

There's a great children's book called, "Different Like Me, My Autism Hero's". Andy Warhol is in it.

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 3:00 pm

I would venture to say that Warhol did EVERYTHING because of AS.

Synecdoche
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2011, 3:15 am

Tambourine-Man wrote:
I would venture to say that Warhol did EVERYTHING because of AS.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 5:30 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
It was way over the line for Morriessy to call it "Asperger's Disease". I'm not diseased and I don't need to be cured. If Asperger's was a disease, it would spread through the entire body and kill you. It's also not an illness. If Asperger's was an illness, everybody would have it, because it would be contagious.

Technically, no. Cancer is a disease. Few types of cancer are transferable. But it was over the line for him to call it a disease, because the only suffering I have is from my incompatability from most of the people round the world, and even then that's because they're unthinking, not because they're not 'aspies' or whatever.

Dedalus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Dec 2011, 10:42 am

I wouldn't write him off immediately for the 'Asperger's Disease' comment. It could just be the generational difference, and he doesn't have the same kind of knowledge. Of course, that's just a theory. He could just be a dick. :)

If he directed those films then... yeah. That seems a reasonable complaint. There does seem to be a lot of myth-making around Andy Warhol, though. It's hard to tell what's real and what's not. Lou Reed slammed that film 'Factory Girl' about Warhol and Edie Sedgwick, calling it very inaccurate.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 1:23 pm

xenon13 wrote:
Paul Morrissey directed the "Andy Warhol" movies in the late 1960s and 1970s and has subsequently expressed resentment of Warhol being credited for these films that he made. His most recent comment along these lines happened the other day,

Paul Morrissey...

"Andy had Asperger's Disease; he didn't do anything," groused Morrissey to interviewer James Toback at a special screening of his latest film News from Nowhere last Tuesday at the Walter Reade Theater. "What did Andy do?"...

First off, that's a misquote. He did not use the term Disease. He said Syndrome according to the article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/regina-we ... 56423.html

Second, how the hell would he know Warhol had AS? The DX didn't even exist until 1994. Warhol died in 1987. Upon what is he basing this dubious claim?

Third, what on earth would having AS have to do with whether or not Andy actually did anything on those movies? It's not even relative to the issue.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...