Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

DLR
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Sep 2011, 12:58 am

How can I, as a female "NT" help my man become more comfortable with consistency in our relationship?
I know he needs his time away from people, but we see each other only once a week...and it's frustrating after several years together, on and off...

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 8:35 am

DLR wrote:
How can I, as a female "NT" help my man become more comfortable with consistency in our relationship?
I know he needs his time away from people, but we see each other only once a week...and it's frustrating after several years together, on and off...

Have you actually told him how frustrating this is? There is no assumption that he wouldn't be interested or anything if he doesn't know what you want.

Last edited by Gedrene on 15 Sep 2011, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 10:01 am

Isn't there a "love and dating" forum where this would find far more answers?

For what it is worth...oh god...how to say this...after several years the "once a week thing" is more of an "he is just not that into you" thing than an Aspie thing.

I am sorry, you probably deserve far more, but Aspie or no, this guy is not delivering.

If I were you, I would give him an ultimatum - probably best in writing for an Aspie, and then stick to it if he doesn't shape up?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 10:43 am

(thread moved from Autism Politics, Activism, and Media Representation to Love & Dating)