Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 Sep 2011, 5:01 pm

Orwell wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Do you guys think HPV and other STD vaccines should be mandatory?

Yes. It's a public health concern. No one should be able to put everyone else into jeopardy, whether intentionally, or unintentionally.

-bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Do you feel the same way about say circumcision which some studies show reduces the chances of penile cancer and contracting HIV? I find the arguments similar.

I don't think STD vaccinations are necessary enough to suggest you are endangering the public at large by not getting them since there is no risk from casual contact.

I would not make the HPV vaccine mandatory, since that is not the same kind of public health issue as measles or influenza. I do object, very strongly, to people like Bachmann using their positions to spout ignorant garbage and spread fear against something so valuable and life-saving.

Quote:
I don't believe in mandatory vaccinations period, education is the only method needed. The push back you receive from coercing people will just cause more people to resist.

This is where we disagree. There is a legitimate public health interest in vaccinating against a variety of infectious diseases. If you disagree, get the f**k out of my society and take your pathogens with you. You do not have the right to put me or anyone else in danger.

I'm sure you were just speaking in general but mandating flu shots would be completely impracticable. Only at risk groups really need those shots and they're only good for that particular strain.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 5:13 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:
When did Ted Kennedy ever appeal to the worst in people? Helms used racism and homophobia to get votes - I fail to recall when Kennedy ever did that.

Do you really want me to start digging for old Teddy’s dirty laundry?
I can assure you I won’t have to dig deep to get a truckload of ethical issues and corruption.
We'll start with Chappaquiddick and go from there.

There’s obviously a world more to dirty politics than the tiresome old hate & homophobia thing the left loves to dote on…

Quote:
And when did Democrats ever go into black neighborhoods - one of their most loyal group of supporters - and lie to them to get them not to vote?

Here’s a few obvious ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

The exerpt below is out of this:
http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories ... s-npr.aspx

“One of the most controversial ads, from a liberal group called the Agenda Project, shows an actor dressed to resemble House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, literally pushing a little old lady out of a wheelchair and over a cliff, while "America the Beautiful" plays in the background.”

What Kennedy did by leaving that poor girl to her death was inexcusable. But I'm not talking about Chappaquiddick. Rather, I was talking about Helms' despicable means of getting elected over and over. I fail to see how any of those links had anything to do with Kennedy. And by the way, I see absolutely nothing untruthful about the Democratic political adds pointing out how Republicans want to endanger Medicare, and how Ryann will push seniors off the metaphorical cliff.
And I fail to understand what the New Black Panther Party has anything to do with Democrats - particularly since their organization consists of just a handful of social misfits.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 8:40 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:
What Kennedy did by leaving that poor girl to her death was inexcusable.

Leaving the scene of an accident is more than just inexcusable, it’s a felony. There were likely other motives but I haven’t found anything conclusive yet and probably never will.
People that corrupt and with that much power can afford to do whatever it takes to make their problems "go away".
But what the hell, I guess being a liberal his heart was in the right place, eh..

Quote:
But I'm not talking about Chappaquiddick. Rather, I was talking about Helms' despicable means of getting elected over and over. I fail to see how any of those links had anything to do with Kennedy.

If Kennedy was in the same office for 47 years he had to have done something unethical. It’s just a matter of finding it.

Quote:
And by the way, I see absolutely nothing untruthful about the Democratic political adds pointing out how Republicans want to endanger Medicare, and how Ryann will push seniors off the metaphorical cliff.

It’s called a scare tactic to shift votes. Isn’t that what you’re saying Helms did?
I guess it all just depend on which side of the bread the butter is on….

Quote:
And I fail to understand what the New Black Panther Party has anything to do with Democrats - particularly since their organization consists of just a handful of social misfits.

It’s called intimidation so it fits in with the scare tactic stated above and I doubt that intimidation was to benifit any republican. :roll:
Why else would they be hanging out at a voting precinct like that with clubs?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 8:47 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:
What Kennedy did by leaving that poor girl to her death was inexcusable.

Leaving the scene of an accident is more than just inexcusable, it’s a felony. There were likely other motives but I haven’t found anything conclusive yet and probably never will.
People that corrupt and with that much power can afford to do whatever it takes to make their problems "go away".
But what the hell, I guess being a liberal his heart was in the right place, eh..

Quote:
But I'm not talking about Chappaquiddick. Rather, I was talking about Helms' despicable means of getting elected over and over. I fail to see how any of those links had anything to do with Kennedy.

If Kennedy was in the same office for 47 years he had to have done something unethical. It’s just a matter of finding it.

Quote:
And by the way, I see absolutely nothing untruthful about the Democratic political adds pointing out how Republicans want to endanger Medicare, and how Ryann will push seniors off the metaphorical cliff.

It’s called a scare tactic to shift votes. Isn’t that what you’re saying Helms did?
I guess it all just depend on which side of the bread the butter is on….

Quote:

It’s called intimidation so it fits in with the scare tactic stated above and I doubt that intimidation was to benifit any republican. :roll:
Why else would they be hanging out at a voting precinct like that with clubs?

Just because Ted Kennedy was getting reelected doesn't mean he was into anything corrupt. He just knew how to satisfy his constituents, and admittedly, had the magic of the Kennedy name. Oddly enough, your Jesse Helms actually thought very highly of Ted Kennedy as a legislator.
I still fail to see anything wrong with the message the Democrats are using, that you're so critical of, as they're right.
And the simple fact of the matter is, the new Black Panthers were hardly working for the Democrats standing outside of the poll site with clubs.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 9:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:
Just because Ted Kennedy was getting reelected doesn't mean he was into anything corrupt. He just knew how to satisfy his constituents, and admittedly, had the magic of the Kennedy name. Oddly enough, your Jesse Helms actually thought very highly of Ted Kennedy as a legislator.

Kennedy must have had some sorry constituents, then.
And Helms wasn’t my senator. I don’t even live in the same state, then or now.
I used him as a comparison to Bachman that doesn’t stand a chance.

Quote:
I still fail to see anything wrong with the message the Democrats are using, that you're so critical of, as they're right.

Yes, I’m sure we would have shoved old people off of cliffs.
Maybe we would have made it an olympic event, judged on distance and accuracy. :roll:
Maybe the republicans should have shown images of soviet era gulags as the ultimate future of a democratic win.
Or could it be that we’re not hysterical?

Quote:
And the simple fact of the matter is, the new Black Panthers were hardly working for the Democrats standing outside of the poll site with clubs.

So why were they there, then???
If the KKK or Arian Nations had been hanging out like that at the poles you all would still be screaming foul.

Your turn.....

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 1:24 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:

Kennedy must have had some sorry constituents, then.
And Helms wasn’t my senator. I don’t even live in the same state, then or now.
I used him as a comparison to Bachman that doesn’t stand a chance.

Quote:

Yes, I’m sure we would have shoved old people off of cliffs.
Maybe we would have made it an olympic event, judged on distance and accuracy. :roll:
Maybe the republicans should have shown images of soviet era gulags as the ultimate future of a democratic win.
Or could it be that we’re not hysterical?

Quote:

So why were they there, then???
If the KKK or Arian Nations had been hanging out like that at the poles you all would still be screaming foul.

Your turn.....

I said 'Your Jesse Helms," as meaning that he's a conservative icon; not literally that he was your senator.
As for Ryan pushing seniors over a cliff - I said that that was metaphorical. And that is exactly what would be done to the elderly and others in need if the Ryan plan was instituted, thereby destroying the social safety net.
And again - the New Black Panther Party was not working for the Democrats! Just because they had showed up at the polls doesn't mean that they were representing anyone else - no more than the Klan, or the Aryan Nations would be working for the Republicans.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 12:26 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/09/michelle_bachmanns_anti-vaccine_statement.php

Could Bachman have been objecting to Perry's order to use a vaccine made by a firm in which he had financial and political interest?

Or was she objecting to vaccines in general.

ruveyn

That particular vaccine is designed to prevent cervical cancer which results from exposure to human papilloma virus, such exposure resulting from coitus.

Not only does Mrs. Bachmann possess overwhelming evidence that this vaccine caused one girl to become mentally ret*d, but she is also fully aware that forcing girls to receive a vaccine that will prevent a sexually-transmitted disease will only encourage them to have coitus.

Once girls realize that they have been vaccinated against cervical cancer, girls will have no incentive to refrain from sexual intercourse, and will start fornicating all over the place. Including at the school bus stop.

The next logical step is for the United Nations to come in, hold down American girls, and forcibly inject them will all kinds of other sexual slop.

Mrs. Bachmann is only making a brave stand to not only to prevent American girls from being subjected from the unthinkable, but to prevent American girls from subjecting themselves to the unthinkable.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 1:57 pm

pandabear wrote:

Mrs. Bachmann is only making a brave stand to not only to prevent American girls from being subjected from the unthinkable, but to prevent American girls from subjecting themselves to the unthinkable.

Coitus is unthinkable?

ruveyn

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 2:26 pm

Actually, one can self - inoculate or manually inoculate HPV as well, without coitus. For the record.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 2:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:
I said 'Your Jesse Helms," as meaning that he's a conservative icon; not literally that he was your senator.

Whatever……. :roll:

Quote:
As for Ryan pushing seniors over a cliff - I said that that was metaphorical. And that is exactly what would be done to the elderly and others in need if the Ryan plan was instituted, thereby destroying the social safety net.

Still a scare tactic based on knee jerk speculation. I could look into the Ryan plan but I’m sure my findings would be cited as being from hate sources.

Quote:
And again - the New Black Panther Party was not working for the Democrats! Just because they had showed up at the polls doesn't mean that they were representing anyone else - no more than the Klan, or the Aryan Nations would be working for the Republicans.

Work for them?
No, but their aggressive presence at the poles speaks volumes.

Well I think I’ve chewed this for about all it’s worth.
Moving on.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 3:33 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Still a scare tactic based on knee jerk speculation. I could look into the Ryan plan but I’m sure my findings would be cited as being from hate sources.

Quote:

Work for them?

Moving on.

Thank God! You were getting on my nerves.
But the Panther's presence in fact doesn't speak volumes. Particularly since they never succeeded in intimidating anyone.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 5:09 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Work for them?

Moving on.

Thank God! You were getting on my nerves.
But the Panther's presence in fact doesn't speak volumes. Particularly since they never succeeded in intimidating anyone.

Back on your nerves for a sec. :twisted:
Did you look at the ballots to see if they succeeded?
Did you ask any of the voters?
I'll answer for you since i know what it is: "No".

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 5:57 pm

So you agree they did not intimidate anyone. So, why are all you conservatives bursting a blood vessel over it? Other than that Fox News is able to promote all sort of ugly racial stereotypes under the guise of outrage against reverse racism.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 9:39 pm

ruveyn wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Coitus is unthinkable?

ruveyn

Are you thinking about coitus right now?

You can get drummed out of the Republican Party for thinking about coitus!