Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 7:02 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
Hello everyone, could we please keep it civil? Thank you.

I've noticed that the liberals tend to take themselves too seriously and start in with the profanity, name calling, and ranting......

Give me a break I can think of a few occasions where you have called people far worse things than 'Idiot'

My point was that the left tends to go vulgar sooner but I guess that's par for the course..
But feel free to provide examples of my past handiwork, anyway. :twisted:
I know where your going and I don't care.......

I love your hypocrisy, please go on

Yes, it really is something isnt it.....
:D

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 7:03 pm

Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:

I've noticed that the liberals tend to take themselves too seriously and start in with the profanity, name calling, and ranting......

Give me a break I can think of a few occasions where you have called people far worse things than 'Idiot'

My point was that the left tends to go vulgar sooner but I guess that's par for the course..

Its great, an almost unending source of amusement.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 7:05 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:

Danke schoen....

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 7:06 pm

Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:

Danke schoen....

:lol: well played Herr Raptor

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Sep 2011, 7:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Do you guys think HPV and other STD vaccines should be mandatory?

Yes. It's a public health concern. No one should be able to put everyone else into jeopardy, whether intentionally, or unintentionally.

-bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Do you feel the same way about say circumcision which some studies show reduces the chances of penile cancer and contracting HIV? I find the arguments similar.

I don't think STD vaccinations are necessary enough to suggest you are endangering the public at large by not getting them since there is no risk from casual contact. I don't believe in mandatory vaccinations period, education is the only method needed. The push back you receive from coercing people will just cause more people to resist.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 7:42 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Yes. It's a public health concern. No one should be able to put everyone else into jeopardy, whether intentionally, or unintentionally.

Do you feel the same way about say circumcision which some studies show reduces the chances of penile cancer and contracting HIV? I find the arguments similar.

I don't think STD vaccinations are necessary enough to suggest you are endangering the public at large by not getting them since there is no risk from casual contact. I don't believe in mandatory vaccinations period, education is the only method needed. The push back you receive from coercing people will just cause more people to resist.

I agree.
The left claims to be all about freedom and deregulation yet they want to mandate the details of our personal lives, especially our health.
Do you really want some quack bureaucrat dictating what kind of inoculation or whatever you HAVE TO be subjected to?
"Make them do this, ban them from that, tax this, tax that.........
Some idea of freedom, eh....... :roll:

WTF does STD stand for anyway, Saturation Transfer Difference?

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 8:12 pm

Raptor wrote:

STD = Sexually Transmitted Disease.

Doesn't the military brief soldiers on these any more?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 8:24 pm

pandabear wrote:
Raptor wrote:

STD = Sexually Transmitted Disease.

Doesn't the military brief soldiers on these any more?

I knew that, I was being facetious.

And I'm not a soldier........

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 11:52 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
No, I think she’s best left as a thorn in your collective sides.

In reality she's more of a thorn in the side of US conservatives, as she is a total laughing stock and does not help anybody's credibility. Look at the public outcry against her statements, which included big names amongst conservatives. I say keep her there for the same reasons I hope Sarah Palin never shuts up

Seconded!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Would y'all feel better if we still had Jesse Helms?

Jesse Hems kept getting reelected because he appealed to the worst in people. And at least once, his supporters engaged in voter fraud by going to poor black neighborhoods, and telling people there that their welfare would be cut if they voted.
I'm sure Jesse didn't know a thing about it (imagine my voice filled with sarcasm).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 12:01 am

Raptor wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I agree.
The left claims to be all about freedom and deregulation yet they want to mandate the details of our personal lives, especially our health.
Do you really want some quack bureaucrat dictating what kind of inoculation or whatever you HAVE TO be subjected to?
"Make them do this, ban them from that, tax this, tax that.........
Some idea of freedom, eh....... :roll:

Regardless of casual contact, people are still going to have sex, and may in fact be putting themselves at risk.
And it's not the bureaucrats who are the quacks, as their the ones who are warning the public about proven health risks.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 12:59 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:
Jesse Hems kept getting reelected because he appealed to the worst in people.

Sort of like Ted Kennedy only not quite as dirty and corrupt.

Quote:
And at least once, his supporters engaged in voter fraud by going to poor black neighborhoods, and telling people there that their welfare would be cut if they voted.

The democrats are notorious for that kind of thing, too.

Quote:
I'm sure Jesse didn't know a thing about it (imagine my voice filled with sarcasm).

Word of advice: Sarcasm is much more effective if seasoned with condescension and smugness.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 1:22 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:
Jesse Hems kept getting reelected because he appealed to the worst in people.

Sort of like Ted Kennedy only not quite as dirty and corrupt.

Quote:
And at least once, his supporters engaged in voter fraud by going to poor black neighborhoods, and telling people there that their welfare would be cut if they voted.

The democrats are notorious for that kind of thing, too.

Quote:

Word of advice: Sarcasm is much more effective if seasoned with condescension and smugness.

When did Ted Kennedy ever appeal to the worst in people? Helms used racism and homophobia to get votes - I fail to recall when Kennedy ever did that.
And when did Democrats ever go into black neighborhoods - one of their most loyal group of supporters - and lie to them to get them not to vote?
As for sarcasm being more effective when seasoned with smugness and condescension - I'll take it under advisement.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 10:45 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

When did Ted Kennedy ever appeal to the worst in people? Helms used racism and homophobia to get votes - I fail to recall when Kennedy ever did that.
And when did Democrats ever go into black neighborhoods - one of their most loyal group of supporters - and lie to them to get them not to vote?
As for sarcasm being more effective when seasoned with smugness and condescension - I'll take it under advisement.

Teddy's main strength was swimming away from cars with a drowning women in the back.

If Teddy had driven a V.W. beetle he could have been president.

ruveyn

Last edited by ruveyn on 18 Sep 2011, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 11:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:

Do you really want me to start digging for old Teddy’s dirty laundry?
I can assure you I won’t have to dig deep to get a truckload of ethical issues and corruption.
We'll start with Chappaquiddick and go from there.

There’s obviously a world more to dirty politics than the tiresome old hate & homophobia thing the left loves to dote on…

Quote:

Here’s a few obvious ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

The exerpt below is out of this:
http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories ... s-npr.aspx

“One of the most controversial ads, from a liberal group called the Agenda Project, shows an actor dressed to resemble House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, literally pushing a little old lady out of a wheelchair and over a cliff, while "America the Beautiful" plays in the background.”

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 11:46 am

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Teddy's main strength was swimming away from cars with a drowning women in the back.

If Teddy and driven a V.W. beetle he could have been president.

ruveyn

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 11:56 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/09/michelle_bachmanns_anti-vaccine_statement.php

Could Bachman have been objecting to Perry's order to use a vaccine made by a firm in which he had financial and political interest?

Or was she objecting to vaccines in general.

ruveyn