Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Melpomene
Raven
Raven

18 Sep 2011, 7:42 am

Could she be playing hard to get? Some girls like men to 'chase' them and pretend they're not interested.

If she doesn't respond to an outright invitation to grab a drink or go out, then give up and move on. Nothing quite as devastating to the ego as being kept on a leash.

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 3:15 pm

Melpomene wrote:
Could she be playing hard to get? Some girls like men to 'chase' them and pretend they're not interested.

If she doesn't respond to an outright invitation to grab a drink or go out, then give up and move on. Nothing quite as devastating to the ego as being kept on a leash.

I don't know. I wanted 1 (2 total) more reply out of her and then I was going to ask if she wanted to meet up. It didn't happen. I only met her once at a party and I got her number.

She has to know that since we only met up once and we were both drinking...

I don't know. I don't even care about this situation anymore, its clear that she has rejected me by ignoring me. That is how I take rejection. People end up suddenly ignoring me.

One of my buddies from a few years ago, was this christian guy, and he really looked down on me for playing poker (gambling, I think anyway), I knocked on his door to say hi, I Flatout heard him walking to the door to see who it was, Yes I heard the footsteps, and then he didn't answer, and I never saw him again.

Bloviater
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Sep 2011, 3:43 pm

Call and talk to her rather than sending her texts.

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 12:03 am

Bloviater wrote:

Yknow what? Ill take this loss. It was more than a few weeks ago, and I failed to capture her attention, and she failed to show any interest.....

Next time I will be more decisive in this situation, but I feel no shame in saying I lost this time.

No sense trying to make an awkward call and further show neediness and weakness

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 12:03 pm

lightening020 wrote:
Bloviater wrote:

Yknow what? Ill take this loss. It was more than a few weeks ago, and I failed to capture her attention, and she failed to show any interest.....

Next time I will be more decisive in this situation, but I feel no shame in saying I lost this time.

No sense trying to make an awkward call and further show neediness and weakness

I think you're spot on. you left it too late to ask her out. maybe you'll both cross paths again someday at another party

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 3:46 pm

lightening020 wrote:
Melpomene wrote:

I don't know. I wanted 1 (2 total) more reply out of her and then I was going to ask if she wanted to meet up. It didn't happen. I only met her once at a party and I got her number.

She has to know that since we only met up once and we were both drinking...

I don't know. I don't even care about this situation anymore, its clear that she has rejected me by ignoring me. That is how I take rejection. People end up suddenly ignoring me.

One of my buddies from a few years ago, was this christian guy, and he really looked down on me for playing poker (gambling, I think anyway), I knocked on his door to say hi, I Flatout heard him walking to the door to see who it was, Yes I heard the footsteps, and then he didn't answer, and I never saw him again.

Bolded the most important bit. It's quite possible she doesn't dislike you but simply doesn't care. A lot of people get all flirty when they drink.

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 11:07 pm

its alright...I fumbled it....simple as that, and she hasn't put in much effort.....so yeah

bigcoop
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Sep 2011, 11:43 pm

I have done the same thing. It's easy to interpret people as being not interested or rude when texting. I hate the feeling I get when I send a page long text to get an "ok" or if the response doesn't include a "you", once i've asked "how are you?". If you need time, then take some. I've done the same thing with deleting numbers, but try to add the girl to facebook prior. If you are over thinking it, try to be straight forward by asking to talk on the phone or meet up. Worst case scenario, she'll have a bf or somethin, but it's better than wondering. Good Luck man, don't over think it. i found joining a site like okaycupid.com helped me build some confidence. i've met a few girls on there who are still friends of mine.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 12:50 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
"Hi ♀, thx 4 z last nite, I reely like ur ( . ) ( . ), fone me, lookin 4ward for more ( . )U( . ) & ( )↑( ) & 69. ur hunky dude christ."

Just move on...

:lmao:

to his Interest."