Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 10:57 pm

In my ordinary everyday life, I don't consider myself to be a savant. If my mind is up to it I can do calendar calculation and before I hit puberty I had these weird experiences with sounds and noises that I now know is called synesthesia. However for me calender calculation is a fully transparent process and I no longer automatically associate sounds with colors unless I think about it.

But when you dream do you notice you have savant like capabilities? Since 2004 I've noticed with myself that if I have a dream where I'm listening to the radio, the music that plays is not music I've heard before, but an entirely new composition with an original melody and lyrics to accompany. Sad thing is when this happens I can never remember enough to write it down.

And now last night I had a dream where I playing a math game on the computer. A four by four grid of numbers appeared and cycled once every second. The highest number in each row was highlighted and those four highlighted numbers were summed up and displayed below the grid. The goal of the game was to stop on the cycle that had the highest sum before the numbers "overflowed". Anyways I woke up and was able to remember one of the number sequences:
32, 17, 26, 30 and that it added up to 105. I grabbed my cell phone and popped open the calculator app and sure enough 32+17+26+30=105.

I was pretty floored by it.

Jmz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Sep 2011, 11:12 pm

I've been having similar dreams for most of my life. Some of the stuff can be so complex that I cant explain it. Recently been having a lot lately where im creating original music that is just amazing. Not sure if its related but I also have a very hard time distinguishing dreams from what has really happened in my past

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 11:15 pm

All normal, and just part of the maturation process.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Koan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2011, 12:57 am

Just imagine what the mind could do if it wasn't shackled by a human brain, body and consciousness. :)

Sparhawke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2011, 1:46 am

I have been saddled with these dreams seemingly forever, and I never conciously understand them.

Even more alarming is when you close your eyes when awake and you "see" the most complex equations ever devised...and you just know that if you could write it down it would be the Grand Unified Theory of Everything, but you cannot even add 2+2 without a calculator lol

(Even though Fermat once stated 2+2 doesn't always equal 4)