JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 5:59 pm

Raptor wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Personally, I think it's an ugly, heartless philosophy, which only is meant to justify social inequities for political reasons. Unlike real Darwinism, social Darwinism is nothing more than a pseudoscience.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Ugly, heartless, whatever, but it's human nature and will always be.
So, which part of human nature do you believe has any relationship with the concepts of social darwinism?.

You're the monkey you tell me about it.
Or will you just get mad and throw sh** at me?

another angry projection of anger?
is waptow mad at the big mean smarty-pants?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 6:55 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Personally, I think it's an ugly, heartless philosophy, which only is meant to justify social inequities for political reasons. Unlike real Darwinism, social Darwinism is nothing more than a pseudoscience.

Murder, robbery, rape, and a variety of other crimes can be blamed on human nature, too. Just because it's human nature doesn't make it right.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 7:16 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Murder, robbery, rape, and a variety of other crimes can be blamed on human nature, too. Just because it's human nature doesn't make it right.

Hey, we're all just chimps anyway. Right?
WTF do you expect of us, not being of devine creation and all?

:lol:

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 7:20 pm

I have always thought since they teach Evolution in school they should teach Social Darwinism to.

Evolution and Social Darwinism go hand in hand with each other.

Evolution does not have moral consequences, and does not make cosmic purpose impossible.

Neither does Social Darwinism.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 7:38 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

:cry:

princess I don't think you understand.
social darwinism has nothing to do with chimps.
it has to do with letting the poor starve and thinking that is best for them.
It is a defense of this world system we got.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 7:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
People who perhaps believe that its a great and wonderful thing that the weak are destroyed and the strong exhalted might be shite. The reality that it happens just by ease of physics and stating that it happens though isn't deluded nor does it make the observer in favor of it, it just points out that they're observant.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy into social Darwinism as a force of physics. Poor people get sh** on by those in upper classes because that's simply what the rich want to happen. I can't believe that there's anything natural about it.

Try coming up with the solutions off the top of your head that would fix the world. After failing that exercise I think you'll get my point.

I won't even start chasing someone else's definition and so lets answer some questions with the pre-fabricated concepts and auras about their authors set aside: do we have genes that to a very big extent determine who we are and at a minimum determine our limits? Yes. Is equality of outcome possible on any given playing field? No. Will people who have the more successful traits of the day be more attractive and gain more resources? Yes. Do most people think? No. Would they rather live on their emotions and gut most of the time than think? In most cases - yes. What happens when we have this many people thinking with their emotions and gut? Pretty much this, what we have right now. I won't wholesale deny the possibility that there are some legacy rich who have some misanthropy problems but, they'd need to be that and when the general rule seems to be that its next to impossible to be 'self-made' these days, mainly because it takes a good personality to garner enough trust to have that many people want to work for you and help you along the way.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 21 Sep 2011, 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 7:46 pm

Joker wrote:
I have always thought since they teach Evolution in school they should teach Social Darwinism to.

Evolution and Social Darwinism go hand in hand with each other.

Evolution does not have moral consequences, and does not make cosmic purpose impossible.

Neither does Social Darwinism.

Social Darwinism is an incorrect, late 19th century interpretation of the theory of evolution. It should no more be taught as a subject in schools than phrenology or creationism

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

If a chimp is born diffrent from the rest of the chimps the parents kill it because its diffrent thats how social darwinsim works in the animal kingdom its survial of the fitest welcome to america Lad :wink:

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 7:53 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

If a chimp is born diffrent from the rest of the chimps the parents kill it because its diffrent thats how social darwinsim works in the animal kingdom its survial of the fitest welcome to america Lad :wink:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 8:08 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

As a matter of fact, I believe in a theistic evolution. We did evolve from lower primates, but I believe God had endowed us with a soul along the way, and with that, a sense of right and wrong. So no, Social Darwinism isn't justified.
And if you're a Christian, how can you defend Social Darwinism?

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 8:12 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

If Raptor were somehow convinced that God didn't exist, he would instantly become a nihilist and social darwinist. I think if one seriously believes in the infallibility of the free-market, especially in handling things like healthcare, one is already halfway to nihilism.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 8:14 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
People who perhaps believe that its a great and wonderful thing that the weak are destroyed and the strong exhalted might be shite. The reality that it happens just by ease of physics and stating that it happens though isn't deluded nor does it make the observer in favor of it, it just points out that they're observant.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy into social Darwinism as a force of physics. Poor people get sh** on by those in upper classes because that's simply what the rich want to happen. I can't believe that there's anything natural about it.

Try coming up with the solutions off the top of your head that would fix the world. After failing that exercise I think you'll get my point.

I won't even start chasing someone else's definition and so lets answer some questions with the pre-fabricated concepts and auras about their authors set aside: do we have genes that to a very big extent determine who we are and at a minimum determine our limits? Yes. Is equality of outcome possible on any given playing field? No. Will people who have the more successful traits of the day be more attractive and gain more resources? Yes. Do most people think? No. Would they rather live on their emotions and gut most of the time than think? In most cases - yes. What happens when we have this many people thinking with their emotions and gut? Pretty much this, what we have right now. I won't wholesale deny the possibility that there are some legacy rich who have some misanthropy problems but, they'd need to be that and when the general rule seems to be that its next to impossible to be 'self-made' these days, mainly because it takes a good personality to garner enough trust to have that many people want to work for you and help you along the way.

Just because not everyone is equal, or because many make poor life choices, we're still a western industrial democracy, and we have a part of our culture that makes it a virtue to care for those who are in need, or who otherwise would be left behind. Call it a secularization of the Judeo-Christian ethic. Even if someone is not equal to another in work ethic or intellect, they're still both of equal worth.

Last edited by Kraichgauer on 21 Sep 2011, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 8:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

As a matter of fact, I believe in a theistic evolution. We did evolve from lower primates, but I believe God had endowed us with a soul along the way, and with that, a sense of right and wrong. So no, Social Darwinism isn't justified.

Quote:

Evolutuon and creationism both at the same time? Isn't that contradictory to science?

Quote:

Social Darwinism is the factory installed hard wiring.
Christianity is doing the right thing inspite of the hard wiring.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 8:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Never stated that I am defending Social Darwinsim when all I am doing is playing the devils advocate.

Its just my form of debating :wink:

After all my nickname is Joker hahahahahahahhahahhahahaha

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 8:20 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:

Evolutuon and creationism both at the same time? Isn't that contradictory to science?

Quote:

We have our answer folks Social Darwinism is moron-code for Total Depravity.
It is the application of theological nonsense to economic and political life.
This is why they Xtian right gets so hard for it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 8:23 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, it's not a contradiction. I don't have a need to prove God, I just credit him with his handiwork. And the evidence of his handiwork is the fossil record proving evolution, as well as observation of the natural world.
And I'll give credit where credit is due - I very much respect your assertion that Christianity is doing the right thing by opposing Social Darwinism, which basically is an outgrowth of our flawed human nature.