I suck at meeting girls or a girlfriend.

Page 4 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

animefan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Oct 2011, 8:17 pm

what about trying dating sites that cost money like eharmony.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 8:20 pm

No, don't do that. I wouldn't do it, so I don't think you should either.

Try POF, you'll have tons of 'fun' there with all the weirdos and psychos on there. Or, better yet, don't bother.

animefan: where you from? :)

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 8:36 pm

Tequila wrote:
Can you make a good, strong, very coffeeish, roasted porter/stout, at around 6%? Wow, I have a new best friend!

Send five 750ml bottles over for tonight's consumption, please. ;-)

If your nice to me I will do it if your not I will give you my inebriated ale man beer that I made recently yeastie beasties died at 14% alcohol like humans they consume and consume and consume and if not healthy they will die of alcohol poisoning :cry: just like us! usually I would aerate the wort (unfermented beer) with the painter paddle/drill trick and that suffices though at these sorts of gravity I need to look at injecting pure oxygen etc. etc

The beer is funky skunky and sickeningly sweetly cloying and gushes when I open the bottle (due to incomplete fermentation )

still nicer than Fosters though :wink:

animefan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Oct 2011, 8:55 pm

animefan: where you from? :)[/quote]

right now I go the school and live in Joplin MO

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 1:57 pm

This thread can be summed up in a few lines of a pm exchange I recently had with another member(we started talking because of unrelated issues but since we were both involved here we eventually ended up talking about this).

Me: (random unrelated thoughts)Ive had a look through your post history at L&D and it seems like you have some good advice (random unrelated thoughts)

Her: [Response to random thoughts] i think i do give good advice sometimes but if people only want their views validated by an audience rather than want actual help is frustrating. some of the threads are very interesting though.[response to random thoughts]

Me:[random thoughts] As for the previous message its a shame but there are no rules about looking for help when posting at L&D so some people just use it to whine/spread their misconceptions about the opposite sex, and theres very little we can do about it.[random thoughts]

The worse part is some people have voiced their opinion about this and it keeps happening because as my message claims theres nothing we can do about members that are here just whining as long as they follow the other rules-

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 10:53 pm

If you're an anime fan, go to an anime con/anime club. I used to do that when I was younger, and due to my own shyness, I didn't get anywhere with girls, but they're there. They're usually somewhat socially uncool compared to their girl peers, and the good news is, the guys there tend to be socially inept, too. However, it can sometimes be a bit of a sausage fest, the male to female ratio is probably like 6/5, 7/3 usually. Some chicks there are pretty hot, though. Hell, some cosplay chicks are hella hot. Anyway, if you can find an anime club in your college or a college, go to it, anime or video gaming club and see.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 6:32 pm

And here I thought I was surrounded by rational people :huh: I would have though aspie men would have better things to do with thier time than try to do something that's nigh on impossiable and try to make themselves interesting to a women how long do you think you could keep that charade going for? It's akin to powering a Pirus on a watch battery.

If your not a humorous money bag how are you going to bed a women ? How does one become moneyied when one wants to be left alone :D especially so when one has lost 1/3 of the prime age work life due to disability( prime age worker 25-55.)

You don't

How does one become ( again you don't) humorous if one is not a depressive narcissist if you are use it to your advantage! How does one program a computer for humour, not saying all aspies are borng dorks ,though when you think about pretty much everyone is rather uninteresting you can count the number of truly funny people on both hands.

And what have you got to offer a women? what can we offer women that can't be gotten from a dog? why have the dog when you can have both the man and the dog .

Since you like my nonsense approach op I think you should take heed of Lonermutants advise another gem from him :wink: (you all know his right ) :

Did you forget that most Aspie men never learn skills with girls because the 7-8 year immaturity gap growing up? If you can't get a girlfriend you can't learn to get one either. Grow up and accept that your're not genetically progammed to have kids.

It amuses me on Autiism Tv when peoples say i wish I'd known X when I was a child , no I wish I'd knowen the above!

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 8:11 pm

SadAspy wrote:
I'm liking this aussiebloke guy......he gets it.

And spongy, I don't care if anyone says all men are evil or even says that about me specifically. I've been called every name in the book by women, so I simply don't care....

I like LonerMutant for the same reasons :D really 1/2 the time I feel the reality here is of the morning show kind totally unreal!

I think Loner is far more believable to most of the aspies here!

get your depression in order and never change why would you want to be a sell out? I'd rather clean toilets than have to brown nose a superior to get ahead in life , never sell out your just fine the way that you are, perfect in fact.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 8:23 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
I'd rather clean toilets than have to brown nose a superior to get ahead in life , never sell out your just fine the way that you are, perfect in fact.

That's a noble (and even wise) sentiment, but there's other ways to get ahead.

Start a brewery or something, you don't have to sell much beer to make more than a dead-end office job.

When I started out, I was just too stupid to know I would fail and did it anyway. I screwed up/failed A LOT but finally got where I needed to be simply because I was too f*cking stubborn to admit defeat...

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 8:46 pm

Grisha wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
I'd rather clean toilets than have to brown nose a superior to get ahead in life , never sell out your just fine the way that you are, perfect in fact.

Start a brewery or something, you don't have to sell much beer to make more than a dead-end office job.

When I started out, I was just too stupid to know I would fail and did it anyway. I screwed up/failed A LOT but finally got where I needed to be simply because I was too f*cking stubborn to admit defeat...

I would except the margins are wafer thin close to 100 % of microbreweries go bust or are sold to the mega breweries it ain't that easy (trust me) not been negative just being factual.

Many breweries are getting so desperate due to flagging sales to that inferior drink wine, so much so some even make their beers girly by adding girly flavors to it eg chocolate or coffee ( extract) :eew: the ultimate head destroyer, how are you supposed to get good head with all that oil and grease ? I prefer to be a man and replicate those flavours with chocolate malt or roast barley.

I don't like gimmicks . :wink:

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 8:53 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
Grisha wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

I would except the margins are wafer thin close to 100 % of microbreweries go bust or are sold to the mega breweries it ain't that easy (trust me) not been negative just being factual

Many breweries are getting so desperate due to flagging sales to that inferior drink wine, so much so some even make their beers girly by adding girly flavors to it eg chocolate or coffee ( extract) :eew: the ultimate head destroyer, how are you supposed to get good head with all that oil and grease ? I prefer to be a man and replicate those flavours with chocolate malt or roast barley.

I don't like gimmicks . :wink:

I'm certainly not going to argue with you, US branded pharmaceutical margins are more than 90% (make for $10, sell for $100) so you don't have to be particularly talented to make a living - perhaps I brag too much... :wink:

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 7:47 am

aussiebloke wrote:
And here I thought I was surrounded by rational people :huh: I would have though aspie men would have better things to do with thier time than try to do something that's nigh on impossiable and try to make themselves interesting to a women how long do you think you could keep that charade going for? It's akin to powering a Pirus on a watch battery.

It's not a charade. Going against your instincts is not the same as being fake. Making yourself interesting to women is a matter of finding the positive aspects of your personality and learning how to present them. It is also a matter of trial and error. A lot of error.

Quote:
If your not a humorous money bag how are you going to bed a women ? How does one become moneyied when one wants to be left alone :D especially so when one has lost 1/3 of the prime age work life due to disability( prime age worker 25-55.)

I have very little money. Very very little. Most women truly do not care. It is true that they tend to like a guy who has plans and ambition, but that has less to do with his earning potential than most guys think. From what I've seen, women find my passion for my job just as attractive as they would a big paycheck.

Put simply, women like a guy that puts his energy to use in a productive manner. Bringing home a big paycheck is only one way of doing that.

And there are a small minority of women who actually do care quite a bit about a guy's money.

Quote:
You don't

I do.

Quote:
How does one become ( again you don't) humorous if one is not a depressive narcissist if you are use it to your advantage! How does one program a computer for humour, not saying all aspies are borng dorks ,though when you think about pretty much everyone is rather uninteresting you can count the number of truly funny people on both hands.

If pretty much everyone is boring (to you, at least), then being boring is clearly not that big of an impediment to finding a partner.

Quote:
Did you forget that most Aspie men never learn skills with girls because the 7-8 year immaturity gap growing up? If you can't get a girlfriend you can't learn to get one either. Grow up and accept that your're not genetically progammed to have kids.

It takes us longer to learn how to deal with girls. It means putting ourselves into awkward and sometimes painful situations. I think there are a lot of Aspie men who think of "hard" as "impossible" and just give up.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 6:12 pm

Is this true most women do not care about money :?

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 6:40 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
Is this true most women do not care about money :?

Of course some women care too much about money, just like some men judge a woman solely by the size of her boobs.

Thankfully, it's not the majority, and the ones who are like this are easily spotted and discarded.

In my Wall Street days, guy's used to call the blatant gold diggers they attracted "pump and dump" schemes...

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 6:42 pm

Pump and dump :lol:

poeticwrongplanet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Oct 2011, 7:26 pm

A big part of the reason they care about money is for the bragging rights. For whatever reason, women like to make other women feel envious of their "awesome boyfriend" so they feel more secure in their choice. I won't let men off the hook, because the male equivalent is the blonde model trophy wife. But this phenomenon seem particularly inexplicable in the case of females. If other women aren't also attracted to a guy that she's attracted to, then she would rather not be attracted to him anymore. So once you do get a girlfriend, a LOT more women will start taking an interest in you.