Yes 35%  35%  [ 24 ]
No 15%  15%  [ 10 ]
No 15%  15%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 68

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 10:35 am

I do. It's the one thing I'm truly ashamed of. It's got better but it still happens. How about you?

hyper_alien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 12:35 pm

yes

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 12:45 pm

What do you mean by tantrums, exactly?

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 3:47 pm

For me it isn't so much tantrums like throwing things and yelling as it is just being attacked by my emotions and not being able to stop crying and then getting angry at myself for not being able to control myself which makes me angrier which makes it harder to control myself . . .

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 3:49 pm

superfantastic wrote:
What do you mean by tantrums, exactly?

Um well angry outbursts I suppose. Personally I shout and scream and swear and break things.

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 3:51 pm

Then no. Stuff more like what animallover said, but without the crying. All my feelings just well up inside.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 7:20 pm

Not the most intelligent means of dealing with and argument but yes I do, but nowhere near as bad as they were when I was growing up.
Tantrums these days do leave with a very sore throat for a several days from all that shouting.

Paul

ooh_choc
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Sep 2006, 7:26 pm

I'm completely unable to have tantrums. I've never had one.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 7:46 pm

Yes. When I was a teen I had very, very bad tantrums. I managed to stop them at about 18 or 19.

Whatever you've done while you've been angry, I've probably done it too.

Hazelwudi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 8:17 pm

Tantrums are generally counterproductive.... better to pour the energy into getting what you want, imo.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 11:28 pm

Only when I don't get what I want.

Actually, I stopped doing that years ago. I may get annoyed and register my complaint with someone, but I try not to lose my temper.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 4:25 am

I usually find a good agressive power walk soothes the savage beast these days, usually takes at least an hour for me to burn off all that frustration and anger within.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 4:30 am

paulsinnerchild wrote:
I usually find a good agressive power walk soothes the savage beast these days, usually takes at least an hour for me to burn off all that frustration and anger within.

This works for me too. When I can feel the anger coming, I go for a long walk and take some music with me. By the time I get back I'm usually more relaxed.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 5:12 am

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
paulsinnerchild wrote:

This works for me too. When I can feel the anger coming, I go for a long walk and take some music with me. By the time I get back I'm usually more relaxed.

Sounds like a good plan! I'll try it. Ta.

JulieArticuno
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Sep 2006, 9:50 am

I try not to but yers, when I argue with somebody. I rarely get to the stage where I lash out at them or hit them (unlike my school days) but I have to run away or walk away or something. it can be really embarassing.

Its not always a reaction to getting angry too. If I'm being shouted at by more than one person or too many people are trying to get my attention, I begin to overload. Thankfully I'm often around prople who know, so if I flap and yell "too much"!, they get the message and back off and then take their turn. IF I'm around people who do't know (or don't care) then if they don't give me space, they get yelled at, if they persist they get struck (not always intentionally, I accidentally hit people while trying to get away) and I run away from them.

If I can't escape I curl up, preferably under something, whith my eyes on my knees and my hands over my ears and if it's bad enough, I scream to drown the sound/feeling of them out.

JulieArticuno

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 11:17 am

Now, if you are angry at a business it is just truly amazing what can be accomplished by a good thoughtful, slightly angry letter to a higher up - I have gotten $50 gift cards from stores, personal phone calls from district managers . . . I prefer the gift cards . . .
I started doing this just one time because I got really annoyed with a business and it made me feel better to write down everything I was annoyed about, but you can get a lot done this way . . . and, of course, I communicate better in writing . . .

You just have to say 'this is what happened and because of it I'm never shopping at your store again' - no threats or anything - just facts . . . and they almost always give you something - it is cool . . .