Page 1 of 28 [ 439 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 8:24 am

It starting, well at least the pre-season does. Is anyone excited for it like me?

Catamount
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 8:53 am

You better believe it Brainfre3ze_93! Taking my stepson to a Rangers-Devils preseason game in Albany tonight and heading to Boston to see the STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS square off against Colorado on Columbus Day!!

It's the most wonderful time of the year ....

:D

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 12:48 pm

Catamount wrote:
You better believe it Brainfre3ze_93! Taking my stepson to a Rangers-Devils preseason game in Albany tonight and heading to Boston to see the STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS square off against Colorado on Columbus Day!!

It's the most wonderful time of the year ....

:D I feel so happy right now, after so many months of hockey withdrawl.

Catamount
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 7:43 am

Good game last night. Attended by an arena record of 9,420 for an NHL preseason game. Rangers tied it at 1-1 late in the third but the Devils won it 45 seconds into OT when Zach Parise fed Patrick Elias for the winner.

As a Bruins fan, the coolest part of the game for me was that Ray Bourque was in the crowd to watch his son Ryan Bourque play for the Rangers. The younger Bourque is a young, speedy center who will probably wind up on the Rangers AHL Hatrford affiliate this year, but he could make the NHL club ...

:)

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 5:04 pm

I'm pretty excited, Dallas beat Montreal 6:3. * I hope this a trend that follows into the regular season. *

Tinman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Sep 2011, 4:40 pm

I'm excited too. Hockey is what I live for.

I hate the summer because I can't stand waiting for the season to start again. Because of that, I try to go to every game in Oct to make up for the summer.
This year I'm getting robbed, because my Kings are starting the season with two games in Europe.

Catamount
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 7:41 pm

Tinman wrote:
This year I'm getting robbed, because my Kings are starting the season with two games in Europe.

Fret not, Tinman!! The Bruins started their 2010-11 campaign with two games against Phoenix in Prague. Of course, the season ENDED with Zdeno Chara hoisting the Cup over his head. Perhaps a similar fate awaits the Kings this year. :wink:

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 7:22 am

Catamount wrote:
Tinman wrote:

Fret not, Tinman!! The Bruins started their 2010-11 campaign with two games against Phoenix in Prague. Of course, the season ENDED with Zdeno Chara hoisting the Cup over his head. Perhaps a similar fate awaits the Kings this year. :wink:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, just because Boston has done it. Doesn't mean anyone will do it the same way.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 3:03 pm

Go, Jets, Go!

http://jets.nhl.com/

Marlena
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Sep 2011, 4:10 pm

Go Pens! I'm actually saving up some money to buy some regular season tickets and see a couple games in the new consol energy arena. :D

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 6:08 pm

Marlena wrote:
Go Pens! I'm actually saving up some money to buy some regular season tickets and see a couple games in the new consol energy arena. :D

Same here, I want to go the Stars game. * I'm so excited about it *

Marlena
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Sep 2011, 9:49 am

I don't know about star tickets, but pens tickets are sooo hard to get. They are expensive for one and almost every game they sell out. A lot of the time the have standing room only and even those are expensive. That's why i want to purchase at least a couple before the regular season starts so i can get reasonable seats at somewhat of a good price

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 12:38 pm

Marlena wrote:
I don't know about star tickets, but pens tickets are sooo hard to get. They are expensive for one and almost every game they sell out. A lot of the time the have standing room only and even those are expensive. That's why i want to purchase at least a couple before the regular season starts so i can get reasonable seats at somewhat of a good price

I'm pretty sure Stars tickets are resonably priced.

Tinman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Sep 2011, 3:03 pm

Catamount wrote:
Tinman wrote:

Haha. I hope that's the way it works. Last time they started the season overseas, it took em a couple weeks to get on track after they returned.

I went to the only two home preseason games (both losses), and am heading to Vegas this weekend to see their annual exhibition game at the MGM. That is one of my favorite games of the year, because the building is so much smaller than an NHL arena and there are fans of both teams (usually the Avalance) at the game.

Maybe I'll meet some of you one day at the rink, when I come to your area. I am tryng to see the Kings play in as many builings as I can.
This year, so far, I have tix to the Kings in NJ, Philly, PHX, and two games in Colorado.
Last year I saw em in Calgary, Van, Det, Columbus, Colorado, San Jose, Ananheim, and Phx.

PS. I was pretty happy to see your Bruins beat Vancouver. And to see that they are going to add Marc Savard's name to the Cup, He is one of the good guys that makes Hockey so much fun.

Catamount
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 4:33 pm

Tinman wrote:
I am tryng to see the Kings play in as many builings as I can.
This year, so far, I have tix to the Kings in NJ, Philly, PHX, and two games in Colorado.
Last year I saw em in Calgary, Van, Det, Columbus, Colorado, San Jose, Ananheim, and Phx.

PS. I was pretty happy to see your Bruins beat Vancouver. And to see that they are going to add Marc Savard's name to the Cup, He is one of the good guys that makes Hockey so much fun.

Hey, that's awesome goal. I've been to several different arenas for NHL games but all on the east coast. Not always the Bruins playing, but let's see, I've been to Washington, Montreal, New Jersey, both New York arenas and, of course, Boston many times. I don't think I could stomach going to a game in Philly. Where's the puking icon, anyway? :lol:

Also happy to see Savard's name going on the Cup. He's a fun player to watch and was definitely part of the fabric of last year's team even if not on the ice for most of the season.

Two weeks from today, we'll be at the Avs-Bruins game. Got the exact same seats as we had for Game 4 of the Cup Finals. Can't wait. :D

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 7:37 am

Catamount wrote:
Tinman wrote:
I am tryng to see the Kings play in as many builings as I can.

Hey, that's awesome goal. I've been to several different arenas for NHL games but all on the east coast. Not always the Bruins playing, but let's see, I've been to Washington, Montreal, New Jersey, both New York arenas and, of course, Boston many times. I don't think I could stomach going to a game in Philly. Where's the puking icon, anyway? :lol:

Also happy to see Savard's name going on the Cup. He's a fun player to watch and was definitely part of the fabric of last year's team even if not on the ice for most of the season.

Two weeks from today, we'll be at the Avs-Bruins game. Got the exact same seats as we had for Game 4 of the Cup Finals. Can't wait. :D

I couldn't stand to be around Philly fans in general. Take a look at any sport in Philadelphia, and their fans are usually the worst in behaviour. * 2nd is Oakland Raiders *