Liking Things Inappropriate for Your Age Group

Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 9:34 pm

I do not believe in the concept of age appropriateness. That being said I watch my little pony.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 9:40 pm

I love kid stuff. :) I don't care what people think.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 9:41 pm

Ganondox wrote:
I do not believe in the concept of age appropriateness. That being said I watch my little pony.

I've never believed in it either...to me, that "concept" is just a thinly disguised method of dictating what we can and cannot like...so, I reject it. :lol:

I think I'm also like CockneyRebel in that I'm interested in things from a few decades ago that others my age are not...for instance, while other girls were listening to Justin Beiber, The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus and Big Time Rush, I was listening to Classic Rock 'n' Roll, The Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, Judy Collins and Leonard Cohen, etc. :wink:

I'm also interested in classic makes and models of Cars.

Sorry for going on... :oops:

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 9:47 pm

^ I listen to oldies as well. Justin Bieber needs to get lost.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 9:58 pm

i wuv my baby blue baby blankie. yes, i still have it, it is in a place of honor among my things. it comforts me.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 12:13 am

You can count me in among the ranks of adults who love My Little Pony. I have seen all the episodes of the Friendship is Magic cartoon that have been released so far.

Another thing I love is Alice in Wonderland. The Tim Burton movie is my favorite version. It was the "gateway" that caused me to love all things related to Alice including the original books by Lewis Carroll and the Disney cartoon, among other things.

I love collecting My Little Pony and Alice in Wonderland toys. I feel like all of my toys have feelings and treat them as such. I have in my possession:

7 Alice in Wonderland plushies and 2 figures (among other miscellaneous merchandise like books and jewelry)

12 My Little Pony mini-figures, 6 pony figures with brushable hair, and 1 plushie

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

04 Jan 2012, 12:11 pm

I have watched every episode of Sailor Moon and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Does that count as age-inappropriate for someone in their mid-20's?

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 1:44 pm

The girl on the spectrum that I mentor loves kids shows and movies and will often quote them word for word with expressions. She has an incredible memory for that sort of thing!

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 2:07 pm

I record nursery rhymes onto me Ipod. Anyone beat that?

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 2:18 pm

hmm.. im 20 and I still like pokemon, yugioh and beyblade and stuff.. though conversely I like old comedy by Cambridge footlights and have done since the age of ten..

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 2:28 pm

I love Pokemon! I like stop-motion animation, too - especially Pingu and Wallace and Gromit. I also love Shrek and Kung Fu Panda. Not really a Dinsey fan, though.

I also like Domokun.

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 5:33 pm

28 and still read Naruto. Does that count?

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 5:52 pm

Eh, it really depends for me. I mean, some things are obviously targeted at different age groups, but I've always felt that things can be enjoyable or interesting regardless. Games made by Nintendo are often considered "kiddie", but they are among my favorite and most fun to play, as well as the most creative and imaginative. On the other hand their are some books I've read that I'm sure kids may find boring or otherwise might not be meant for them, and yet I read them at an early age. Some things are more tame than others, but I feel that age restrictions are a bit silly outside of stuff kids shouldn't be exposed to(and even then a lot of what they decide to be censored is skewed and very stupid), and you are only limiting yourself if something is too childish or too mature for your arbitrary age.

bnky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2012, 4:25 am

When I was small (7 -10yrs) I used to sneak into my room and read Shakespeare plays. Now I prefer old yogi bear or Archie comics

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 4:37 am

Among other things, I was criticized by someone about my choice of soap and shampoo, that person said these are for teenagers (those soaps with fruit smell - honestly I didn't realise there was an "age limit" on soaps lol), and was told also that my handwriting was like a 10 yrs old ... sigh (for some reason I thought of those 2 things tonight). I also play online games, and I like also the games on Xbox and others, but a lot of people do.

windchime
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jan 2012, 8:18 am

When I was sixteen I still liked playing with dolls, trolls and soft toys and over 20 years later I still have most of them. Even though I don't play with them now (other than some hugs) I still think I'd like to if I had the time. I like watching kids' movies and reading kids books and always did. I love amusement and theme parks, anything with rides. Disney is awesome! I really get caught up in playing video or other games to the exclusion of the adult conversation I'm supposed to be having. I'm also overenthusiastic about animals and pets. In my thirties and now my forties, I'm into things teenage girls are into like learning to do make up properly and finding out about fashion brands. I've started watching some of the "haul" and "tutorial" videos by young women on You Tube to learn about what "normal"girls are supposed to be interested in. Of, course, by my age, I'm supposed to instinctually "know" and be much more sophisticated by now. As I'm small, I tend to have to buy my clothes in either the Junior Department or Kids Department so I think I dress fairly young at least at weekends although I try not to buy anything too childish. I'm also very nostalgic for other decades, particularly the old TV shows and commercials of the 70s and 80s. I don't share my youthful interests with NTs unless isolated things come up in conversation. Then it's OK becaus eyou're being "ironic" if you say that you like "My little Pony" or "Winnie the Pooh".