Do you even CARE if the United States is evil?

Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you even CARE if the United States is evil?
Yes 59%  59%  [ 13 ]
No 41%  41%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 22

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 2:12 pm

-points to location-

Based on that, it should be OBVIOUS why I should care that some bomb could litteraly blow up under our ass. Not to mention that the USA likely have their eyes on Quebec/Canada's natural sweet water supplies since they can't seem to properly manage their own water for agricultural purposes. <.<

I'm also worried because our idiotic prime minister seems to mimic (or draw influence from) right-wing elements of the USA. So yes. I do care.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 3:36 pm

Are we discussing the American citizenry, or the American government?
Or are we making no distinction, terrorist-style?

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 3:42 pm

Raptor wrote:
piroflip wrote:
Quote:
Hitler "invaded"

America "protects her interests abroad"

What's the difference?

It's all in the wording and "intent".

BTW; for some people the word "bully" is taken as a compliment...........

in the gay community for instance?

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 3:55 pm

Raptor wrote:
BTW; for some people the word "bully" is taken as a compliment...........

8O Where's the local "pillow" room?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 5:15 pm

phil777 wrote:
-points to location-

Based on that, it should be OBVIOUS why I should care that some bomb could litteraly blow up under our ass. Not to mention that the USA likely have their eyes on Quebec/Canada's natural sweet water supplies since they can't seem to properly manage their own water for agricultural purposes. <.<

Are you saying that you beleive the US would consider invading Canada for water?????

Quote:
I'm also worried because our idiotic prime minister seems to mimic (or draw influence from) right-wing elements of the USA. So yes. I do care.

What has Harper done that makes him idiotic?

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 6:01 pm

Raptor wrote:

Are you saying that you beleive the US would consider invading Canada for water?????

Water is much more important that petroleum, Snookums.

Raptor wrote:
Quote:

He mimicked right-wing elements of the USA. Now, that is really bad. Canada used to be such a civilized country, too.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 6:08 pm

pandabear wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Water is much more important that petroleum, Snookums.

Raptor wrote:
Quote:

He mimicked right-wing elements of the USA. Now, that is really bad. Canada used to be such a civilized country, too.

Snookums? Sorry but I'm not your type. You must really miss your "special friends" in the British Army.

Nice to see someone has stepped up to the plate to try and straighten Canada out.
Once Canada is squared away we'll consider trading Barack for him.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 6:17 pm

Raptor wrote:

Nice to see someone has stepped up to the plate to try and straighten Canada out.

I don't think you would want him either. Unless you count killing jobs, removing Canadian's rights to digital and personal privacy, and disregarding the 61% of Canadians who didn't vote for him (what a lovely election system...) as "straightening out", then perhaps I'm wrong. I hesitate to consider him a "conservative", even, as that would imply he is maintaining the status quo, and not attempting major alterations to an established system that even previous conservative governments have supported. Even after all that, Barack Obama is still more right wing than he is, so perhaps that would be another reason you wouldn't want him

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 6:36 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I don't think you would want him either. Unless you count killing jobs, removing Canadian's rights to digital and personal privacy, and disregarding the 61% of Canadians who didn't vote for him (what a lovely election system...) as "straightening out", then perhaps I'm wrong. I hesitate to consider him a "conservative", even, as that would imply he is maintaining the status quo, and not attempting major alterations to an established system that even previous conservative governments have supported. Even after all that, Barack Obama is still more right wing than he is, so perhaps that would be another reason you wouldn't want him

Quote:
Barack Obama is still more right wing than he is, so perhaps that would be another reason you wouldn't want him

Oh I seriously doubt that..........

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 6:59 pm

I'm serious; in a lot of ways, our conservative party is like your democrat party. That's just about as far to the right as mainstream Canadian politics goes, though they [the Canadian Conservatives and the US Democrats] are obviously not perfectly aligned in policy. I don't really think there is an accurate analogue with the US Republican party. A lot of the issues that are relevant to US conservatives are not to Canadian conservatives, and vice versa

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 7:05 pm

Vigilans wrote:
I'm serious; in a lot of ways, our conservative party is like your democrat party. That's just about as far to the right as mainstream Canadian politics goes, though they [the Canadian Conservatives and the US Democrats] are obviously not perfectly aligned in policy. I don't really think there is an accurate analogue with the US Republican party. A lot of the issues that are relevant to US conservatives are not to Canadian conservatives, and vice versa

Then I can't help but wonder why Canadian liberals have thier titties in a wringer over Harper. Anything left of our left is just plain Marxist and that's being generous of me.

In my mind anything left of me is Marxist, though......
:twisted:

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 7:40 pm

Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Then I can't help but wonder why Canadian liberals have thier titties in a wringer over Harper. Anything left of our left is just plain Marxist and that's being generous of me.

Which makes 99.9999 percent of the world "Marxist."

Few groups in the world are as whacky, dumb, and extremist as our Republican Party, Sweetcakes.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 7:42 pm

pandabear wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Few groups in the world are as whacky, dumb, and extremist as our Republican Party, Sweetcakes.

Whatever, princess..........

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 7:42 pm

Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

:lol: I'm sure

I think most of us are just unhappy that our system can result in a majority government from a minority of voters. Harper is also well known for attempting to [often with some success] "sneak" bills in (such as upcoming bills this fall regarding unwarranted wiretapping of Canadian citizens...). Most liberals in Canada are moderate, though the shift towards the NDP in the last election shows that there was some unhappiness with the old liberal party. Harper was after all found in contempt of parliament which is a serious issue- his government did not pass a confidence vote. If we used a more fair method of voting, such as single transferable vote, or the alternative vote system, or even a two-round system like France, I strongly suspect Harper would not be in power. Because like I said, only 39% of Canadians voted for him. This is the biggest problem with first past the post, it leads to a monolithic two party system, and any attempts to break the mold can result in false majority governments such as we see in Ottawa today

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 7:43 pm

pandabear wrote:

What about the ruling party of N. Korea?

The Republican right will screw themselves royally. They might even get Obama re-elected which will be bad news for everyone in the U.S., not just the Republicans.

ruveyn

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 7:48 pm

Raptor wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Whatever, princess..........

You told him Boy your arguments are sharp.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/