Do you even CARE if people CARE the US is evil?

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Do you even CARE if people CARE the US is evil?
Yes 57%  57%  [ 21 ]
No 43%  43%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 37

Donald Morton
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 19 Nov 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 274
Location: Upper Midwest

01 Dec 2018, 7:20 am

Piobaire wrote:


I have no argument with what you say, but I am happy to have been born in the US and there is no other country I'd rather live in (and I've been to many). If the US is so evil, then you are fee to relocate, or preferably choose to work on making it a better place.


_________________
The impossible is only something that hasn't been done yet.


Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,347
Location: Smackass Gap, NC

01 Dec 2018, 7:47 am

Piobaire wrote:

Addendum.

US has the lowest life expectancy among high income developed countries

US ranks 34th out of 35 countries in child welfare

U.S. Has The Worst Rate Of Maternal Deaths In The Developed World

US ranks 55th in infant mortality

Estimated U.S. military spending is 892 billion dollars; more than the next nine countries combined.

Quote:
I have no argument with what you say, but I am happy to have been born in the US and there is no other country I'd rather live in (and I've been to many). If the US is so evil, then you are fee to relocate, or preferably choose to work on making it a better place.

US is an oligarchy; "...average citizens and mass-based interest groups have little or no independent influence."



LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,195
Location: USA

01 Dec 2018, 8:25 am

The first "fact" I checked was your link for infant mortality.

It shows American is #170 in infant mortality (lower is better).


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,347
Location: Smackass Gap, NC

01 Dec 2018, 8:30 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
The first "fact" I checked was your link for infant mortality.

It shows American is #170 in infant mortality (lower is better).


Lower is better. Out of the 225 countries listed, there are 55 countries with lower infant mortality rates than the United States. Therefore the United States ranks 55th in the world for infant mortality.
Does that help?



Last edited by Piobaire on 01 Dec 2018, 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,195
Location: USA

01 Dec 2018, 8:37 am

Piobaire wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
The first "fact" I checked was your link for infant mortality.

It shows American is #170 in infant mortality (lower is better).


The citation I used is from the Central Intelligence Agency.
Where's yours?

That's my citation too.


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

09 Dec 2018, 7:22 am

I'm not saying this because I am an American, but I do not believe in such a thing as an evil country.

Every country has good people and bad people (mostly people in between) and the US is no different.

Americans are not evil. They are human.



lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,768
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

11 Dec 2018, 7:29 pm

It's no secret that I care, all right. The US *is* the most evil country in the world and I've known it for years. But if I criticize Americans and their country in general at all I get temporarily banned from WP and Facebook.

Being human is not an excuse for being cruel, violent and destructive.



TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

11 Dec 2018, 8:20 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
It's no secret that I care, all right. The US *is* the most evil country in the world and I've known it for years. But if I criticize Americans and their country in general at all I get temporarily banned from WP and Facebook.

Being human is not an excuse for being cruel, violent and destructive.

Is it really the Americans themselves who are evil or is it the current mindset of the country?

There's plenty of Americans who aren't so bad and would be horrified to learn of the terrible things that go on in their country, and those same Americans will be the ones to eventually change things. They're the ones who fought to free black people from slavery and for everybody to have equal rights in this country during the Civil Rights movement.

All Americans are not evil. The country itself has done terrible things but if all Americans were truly evil they would still keep slaves and commit genocide against the Native Americans. The laws changed because there are Americans who DO CARE.



TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

11 Dec 2018, 8:56 pm

And EVERY country has done evil things. The fact that some people want to believe that Americans are the most evil shows how conceded we really are as a culture.

A lot of countries out there really don't give a crap about what Americans do.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,575
Location: Queens, NYC

11 Dec 2018, 9:02 pm

the US is not an evil country.

Americans are not evil people.



TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

11 Dec 2018, 9:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
the US is not an evil country.

Americans are not evil people.

Yeah we are no better or worse than any other developed country.

We have made terrible mistakes, but what country hasn't?



TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

12 Dec 2018, 4:54 pm

Also I believe every country has the ability to change over time for better or for worse. Sometimes all it takes is total devestation for them to see the error of their ways in order to change for the better. That's pretty much what happened to Japan after World War 2.

The same sort of thing can potentially happen to the U.S. aswell. Americans take for granted the fact that they have not fought an actual war on their own soil in a very long time which has mislead us to believe that we are untouchable. That kind of thinking is dangerous for any country.



starkid
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,619
Location: California Bay Area

13 Dec 2018, 12:18 am

The descriptor "evil" doesn't even have any clear, concrete meaning in relation to material reality. It's a concept used mindlessly in comic books, mythology, and other fiction.