Do you even CARE if people CARE the US is evil?

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you even CARE if people CARE the US is evil?
Yes 57%  57%  [ 21 ]
No 43%  43%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 37

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 12:11 am

Now that the poll about people caring about the US is evil. It is time to have this survey.

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 12:33 am

Rephrasing the question to "Do you even CARE if people CARE if the USA is evil?"

Yes, because Dante might be correct about willful indifference.

Tadzio

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 12:38 am

No because it's not any different than trying to fit in with jerks and bullies in high school.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

renwerx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2015, 3:09 am

Tadzio wrote:
Rephrasing the question to "Do you even CARE if people CARE if the USA is evil?"

Yes, because Dante might be correct about willful indifference.

Tadzio

Remove the Christian connotations and I agree, apathy is not noble and in effect tantamount to siding with the aggressor.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 5:57 pm

The US is not evil. There are many good hearted American people throughout the country. It's just run by bad government types influenced and corrupted by money and that money is coming from bad corporate types who just want control of everything and leave the people with little to nothing left. In other words, "death to the middle class." It wasn't always like this in the past but I learned where the turning point started.

Powell's memo. That is the origin of this "evil."

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

dionysian
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 6:10 pm

Yes, of course I care that the US is evil. It pisses me off.

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 6:12 pm

...Your proposal/proposition sentence doesn't seem to make logical sense .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 6:17 pm

...If your second " CARE " was " THINK " or " FEEL " - which I think is more what you meant - that would be understandable .
Just a friendly tip :wink: :) !

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 7:23 pm

I don't see how an entire region of the world can be entirely evil....I suppose I figure its better to care about more important realistic things. Such as government corruption and poverty as well as ways of potentially reducing/eliminating those for example. I certainly care about issues here and plenty of them directly effect me...but I don't feel I am evil, I do not think my friends/family are evil nor are most people I meet probably. Are there negative mentalities, and problems within society? certainly but it hardly makes the entire country 'evil'.

dionysian
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 7:31 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't see how an entire region of the world can be entirely evil....I suppose I figure its better to care about more important realistic things. Such as government corruption and poverty as well as ways of potentially reducing/eliminating those for example. I certainly care about issues here and plenty of them directly effect me...but I don't feel I am evil, I do not think my friends/family are evil nor are most people I meet probably. Are there negative mentalities, and problems within society? certainly but it hardly makes the entire country 'evil'.

The country was founded through genocide and built with slave labor. We also have to deal with our imperialist wars and economic and military domination across the globe. American society is profoundly racist, sexist, and classist. The American economy is driving global activity that is degrading the planet and will bring about the extinction of the vast majority of species on Earth.

My grandma is nice, though.

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 8:02 pm

dionysian wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

The country was founded through genocide and built with slave labor. We also have to deal with our imperialist wars and economic and military domination across the globe. American society is profoundly racist, sexist, and classist. The American economy is driving global activity that is degrading the planet and will bring about the extinction of the vast majority of species on Earth.

My grandma is nice, though.

I am well aware of the history and I certainly would not say any of those things are positives...and even mentioned in my post i see a lot of problems in society and the government/system. Even so that hardly makes the entire country 'evil' nor does it make the ground, trees or the over-all terrain evil hence an entire region and all the people in it is very unlikely to be completely 'evil'.

I certainly would not say our system and government doesn't contribute to worldwide problems or that there aren't lots of negative aspects to our society.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 8:37 pm

No.

They look up from their rat-holes, see how we live, and complain out of jealousy.

Let them whine.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 2:00 pm

Up to this point I was starting to wonder if the US wasn't significantly behind the rest of the world in its national history curriculum. Now I'm starting to suspect it's a global phenomena.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2015, 11:56 pm

Why the hell do you think we are evil? Is this another one of those "The US is so evil because they don't give everybody everything they ever need and prevent others from succeeding in life" BS threads?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2018, 2:44 am

Where are you getting the idea that this country is evil? I'm sorry, but I have to ask the question because I love the USA.

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"