Should girls try to make boys laugh?

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 4:09 pm

Making each other laugh is all part of dating an being in love with each other the girl I am.

Currently talking to makes me laugh I make her laugh we are in a sort of long distance.

Relationship so yeah its what you like to call a double standard both the guy an girl should.

Make each other laugh.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 4:14 pm

Its like tickling someone, and brings you closer together

mv
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 4:19 pm

Without humor from both sides, I cannot forge a romantic relationship. I've declined to date men past the first date because they weren't humorous at all. They were nice people and all, they just weren't for me.

And how on earth would you really be sure that someone was attracted to you (the real you) if you couldn't see them laugh?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Sep 2011, 12:59 am

My ex girlfriend made me laugh quite a lot & it was one of the big ways we connected; we met on Comedy Central's forums. The girl I have now(Megz) doesn't make me laugh nearly as much & I'm not as funny with her as I was with my ex. I think it's a good thing in a way because my sense of humor can be very offensive & immature & Megz is very mature & that helps make me a better person. I think the importance of girls making guys laugh is dependent on both the guy & the girl; it depends on how important a sense of humor is to them

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 1:28 am

Girls laugh at me...when I ask them out.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 1:49 am

^^^
at least they are expending the energy to laugh at you- with me they can't be bothered to even do that.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 2:02 am

If its about 'trying' and effort, then no. Dont struggle to be funny

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 2:29 am

paraphrasing ed wynn, a comedian is not a person who says funny things, but a person who says things funny.

ArtemisHolmes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2011, 6:11 am

I love laughing, and I'd love it if girls could make me truly laugh - most of the time, though, I just give a quieted chuckle in response to their jokes. But if you can make me boisterously laugh (Like I did last night watching Doctor Who), it's a big plus for me.

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 9:52 am

We should all try to make each other laugh more. The world could use it.

I worked with this woman once who moonlit as a comedian. She was pretty funny at work, a biting sarcastic wit. We actually dated a few times, but I couldn't take the relationship to the next level because I knew that if she ever turned that sarcasm on me in an argument, I'd whither into a whimpering ball. I mean, I can be pretty strong...she was just that good.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 4:06 am

AsteroidNap wrote:
We should all try to make each other laugh more. The world could use it.

i try but hardly anybody gets my humor :hmph: Image

gadge
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 4:26 am

ArtemisHolmes wrote:
I love laughing, and I'd love it if girls could make me truly laugh - most of the time, though, I just give a quieted chuckle in response to their jokes. But if you can make me boisterously laugh (Like I did last night watching Doctor Who), it's a big plus for me.

My ex didn't know the sun is a star :lmao: <wrong kind of humor for me

"Honey you miss me".... "with every bullet".............Al Bundy

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 5:46 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laughter

Laughing is a reaction to certain stimuli, fundamentally stress, which serves as an emotional balancing mechanism. Traditionally, it is considered a visual expression of happiness, or an inward feeling of joy. It may ensue from hearing a joke, being tickled, or other stimuli. It is in most cases a very pleasant sensation.

Recent investigations by Robert Provine suggest that laughter is a form of communication, probably the first one in the human race, which later evolved, with the liberation of voice from walking and breathing, into human language.[1]

Laughter is found among various animals, as well as in humans, although it is more rare in most mammals and animals overall. Among the human species, it is a part of human behavior regulated by the brain, helping humans clarify their intentions in social interaction and providing an emotional context to conversations. Laughter is used as a signal for being part of a group—it signals acceptance and positive interactions with others. Laughter is sometimes seen as contagious, and the laughter of one person can itself provoke laughter from others as a positive feedback.[2] This may account in part for the popularity of laugh tracks in situation comedy television shows. Laughter is anatomically caused by the epiglottis constricting the larynx. The study of humor and laughter, and its psychological and physiological effects on the human body, is called gelotology.