Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 3:13 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
But that wouldn't be a problem for you, Grisha. :P

My days of trying to pay for "love" are decisively over.

Money buys sex (or the promise of sex), not love - there are no exceptions.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 3:15 pm

keef wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
keef wrote:
Wow... that's my holiday plans sorted for next year then. 8)

Mind you, the article is about five years old.

yea, and it was just after a dire war, I think some girls were too desperate to leave tom somewhere else.
But personally, I don't think things changed much.

Phoenicians women always waited their men to come back from the sea, it's in the blood. :roll:

That's interesting - I spend a fair bit of time off-shore from there.

You took my words literally :lol:, going off-shore won't make magically attractive :lol: , I was referring to an ancient civilization which was heavily based on seafaring, like the Vikings, the wives were always used to wait their men to come back with goods, whether by trading or pirating.

keef
Raven
Raven

27 Sep 2011, 3:25 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
keef wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
keef wrote:
Wow... that's my holiday plans sorted for next year then. 8)

Mind you, the article is about five years old.

yea, and it was just after a dire war, I think some girls were too desperate to leave tom somewhere else.
But personally, I don't think things changed much.

Phoenicians women always waited their men to come back from the sea, it's in the blood. :roll:

That's interesting - I spend a fair bit of time off-shore from there.

You took my words literally :lol:, going off-shore won't make magically attractive :lol: , I was referring to an ancient civilization which was heavily based on seafaring, like the Vikings, the wives were always used to wait their men to come back with goods, whether by trading or pirating.

We weren't really trading - but we were pirating... after a fashion. :skull: :dj:

Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

I love carving: www.wrongplanet.net/postxf8620-0-2276.html

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 8:53 am

Good article. These girls have become "westernized". They KNOW for a fact that the guys who went abroad have developed a taste for girls outside of their own country and these home girls are imitating them. They know that the guys' families PREFER that they marry from their own culture. These girls want to get married so they've learned what turns these guys on. They're competing for husbands. It only takes a handful of girls to get this sort of trend started. These home girls are presenting these guys with what turned them on when they were abroad. It's like watching a real good movie "at home" with all the comforts of home.
The whore/wife syndrome. But the whore part is just a facade. PLUS they want that money that these guys made. One has to admit it, life really is better with cash in your pocket.
Poverty is depressing. Want is excruciating. BUT, these guys expect these girls to tune it down a bit after marriage...well, at least in front of other people.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 11:01 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
Good article. These girls have become "westernized". They KNOW for a fact that the guys who went abroad have developed a taste for girls outside of their own country and these home girls are imitating them. They know that the guys' families PREFER that they marry from their own culture. These girls want to get married so they've learned what turns these guys on. They're competing for husbands. It only takes a handful of girls to get this sort of trend started. These home girls are presenting these guys with what turned them on when they were abroad. It's like watching a real good movie "at home" with all the comforts of home.

LOL did you even read the article? most of these guys work in Saudi Arabia and Arab Emirates. they don't even see or talk to women in there.

Quote:
For the men, who return with deep pockets and high spirits, the holiday welcome is gratifying.

"In Doha it is completely impossible, because you can't talk to women in the Gulf," said Wisam Hamdan, 35, back from Qatar, where he manages hairdressing salons. "But Lebanese girls are very friendly. I am hoping to meet lots of girls, and then I will pick one."

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 11:23 am

Galaxy, anna is right.

Lebanon was always "westernized". In fact, it was way more westernized in the 60s /70s before the rise of the Islamist currents.

The hijab/headscarves rate among the local muslim communities has skyrocketed from about 10% to 50% since the 80s.