Page 6 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Ollytheaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Nov 2011, 7:41 pm

It's always been very hard for me to mingle in with other people, ever since I was very young I'd be on my own and do my own thing living in my own head. In larger groups of people more than 3 people I freak out and clam up into my shell but if I'm with just one person you can talk to me just about anything in the world, sometimes with the extra person if I know them extremely well I'll contribute to the conversation. Often I find that in group conversations I kind of forget about everybody else and concentrate on the one person I'm talking to, I did this around my ex girlfriend and she thought I was being damn-right rude but I wasn't, I simply can't do group conversations the way NT's interact.

Nobody understands me in my family, being the only aspie in the household :D sometimes can be just as much frustrating for me as it is for them having me around, constantly changing the subject back to my 'special interests' and interrupting their conversations etc, basically being generally annoying. Sometimes I even ask them if I'm annoying them and they say no I'm not but I know they are lying.

I'd say I am a loner to an extent I hardly get out and about these days, I hate crowded places with lots of people and don't generally enjoy parties and drinking but I try to do it every now and again when I have the confidence to participate with them so called 'Normal People'.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Nov 2011, 1:31 pm

I guess. I just sort of stay on my computer most of the time. I really don't like leaving my apartment unless I am going to my moms.