Haven't heard from gf in over 2 weeks.

Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 2:20 pm

MadnessMaddened wrote:
Jono wrote:
Wonderful, more people making assumptions. I just saw that she contacted me again over the weekend, replied to my e-mail on Monday and apologized. She said that she was in recluse mode and didn't really want contact with anyone. Also, it was only for a couple of weeks, not a month. Thanks anyway.

Well, I guess that's good. But it still seems odd that she would want to hide from you, her partner, for a month. Seems completely unreasonable, and counter to the idea of a relationship.
You say "reclusive mode", was it just to you?
As you said, she was in contact with other members of the dating site... Did she stop helping with/attend the wedding? Or stop going to see granny?

And, 7th of September to Monday the 3rd of October - that is 4 days short of a month.

I wish you good luck with your relationship.

Actually, she replied on Saturday. Usually, "reclusive mode" means that she doesn't want to see other friends either. I'm not sure what she was doing on OKCupid but lots of people have friends on there and don't just use it as a dating site. She said that her wedding's next weekend, so I assume that she's still helping with that. Also, she visited her granny again today, who is feeling better.

Ok, I that's going to be my last post in this thread. Thanks anyway.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 2:52 pm

Jono wrote:
Wonderful, more people making assumptions. I just saw that she contacted me again over the weekend, replied to my e-mail on Monday and apologized. She said that she was in recluse mode and didn't really want contact with anyone. Also, it was only for a couple of weeks, not a month. Thanks anyway.

They were objective assumptions based on common sense and on the limited info you granted (people here didn't know that she goes through isolation mode times).

But you, your mom and your sister know her better more than anyone else, so perhaps....you can be the best judge here.

Anyways, I wish you the best luck, trust your instinct (the instinct, not the symbolic heart).

DeanAdamFry
Toucan
Toucan

03 Oct 2011, 2:54 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Jono wrote:

They were objective assumptions based on common sense and on the limited info you granted, Jono.

But you, your mom and your sister know her better more than anyone else, so perhaps....you can be the best judge here.

The Face of Boo is right, people here only gave their opinions/experiences based on what you said so you shouldn't think of us as being pricks about it, we were only trying to help you.

Fullofstars
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 2:56 pm

Well I hope I'm wrong. Good luck.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 3:00 pm

I think it would be a good favor for Jono if some mod deletes this thread entirely. He won't post in it anyways, and it would only make his gf feel uncomfortable because it unintentionally puts in her a bad light.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 3:01 pm

DeanAdamFry wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Jono wrote:

They were objective assumptions based on common sense and on the limited info you granted, Jono.

The Face of Boo is right, people here only gave their opinions/experiences based on what you said so you shouldn't think of us as being pricks about it, we were only trying to help you.

I guess you're right. Thanks for the info anyway.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 3:02 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I think it would be a good favor for Jono if some mod deletes this thread entirely. He won't post in it anyways, and it would only make his gf feel uncomfortable because it unintentionally puts in her a bad light.

Right, I'll ask a mod to lock it.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 3:21 pm

thread locked at OP's request as the issue is resolved.