Page 15 of 16 [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 7:00 pm

Raziel (Legacy of Kain series): He's been taken advantaged of too many times than I can count, even after he's been resurrected as a vampiric wraith.

Frodo Baggins (Tolkien-verse): He's been through so much pain and hell carrying the accursed One Ring, and hasn't been any better since even after that quest ended. It's no wonder he wanted to sail to the Undying Lands at the end of the series.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 11:39 pm

Jack O' Neill from Stargate SG-1. He always seems like a sad character somehow (probably something to do with his son having died under tragic circumstances) - and when he nears death, I feel bad for him.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 11:52 pm

winston smith, "1984."

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 6:56 pm

kitten_caboodle wrote:
Charlie Brown and Pigpen.

Don't forget Linus and Sally.

As for others,
Sirius Black
Marge Simpson
Abe Simpson
Gollum
Bubba (From Forrest Gump)
Jenny Gump
El Mariachi

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 8:33 am

Fitz, the hero of Robin Hobb's "Farseer" and "Tawny Man" books. She really does love to torture the guy. The illegitimate son of a prince who was raised from childhood to be an assassin, he gives up everything for his country again and again, not always willingly. His reward is usually yet more pain, both physical and psychological.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 10:05 am

The shark in Jaws. He's just doing shark stuff.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2022, 9:39 pm

Considering the sz its prolly a female shark :skull:

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2022, 9:46 pm

Carrie from the movie of the same name. Bullied at school, abused at home. I can't blame her for snapping and murdering everyone the way she did. If she didn't have telekinetic powers I image she would have brought a gun to school the next after after what those nasty b*****s did to her at her prom.

Which has become something of a f****d up American tradition.

Also I felt sorry for all four girls in The Craft.

And Rosemary in Rosemary's Baby. Her husband was a real scumbag selling his soul for fame and offering his own wife up as an incubator for the Antichrist and gaslighting her throughout the entire movie.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 1:19 am

hedwig in the angry inch

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 11:07 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Carrie from the movie of the same name. Bullied at school, abused at home. I can't blame her for snapping and murdering everyone the way she did. If she didn't have telekinetic powers I image she would have brought a gun to school the next after after what those nasty b*****s did to her at her prom.

And Rosemary in Rosemary's Baby. Her husband was a real scumbag selling his soul for fame and offering his own wife up as an incubator for the Antichrist and gaslighting her throughout the entire movie.

Was there a particular version of Carrie you enjoyed more than the others, or is it Carrie's story, in general?
I really enjoyed your comments about Rosemary. Well said.

Characters You Feel Sorry For

Fantine played by Anne Hathaway in Les Misérables.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 11:14 am

pcgoblin wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Was there a particular version of Carrie you enjoyed more than the others, or is it Carrie's story, in general?
I really enjoyed your comments about Rosemary. Well said.

Characters You Feel Sorry For

Fantine played by Anne Hathaway in Les Misérables.

I think i most prefer both the book version and the original movie version of Carrie. Didn't care much for the remakes. :)

Her story was really more like a tragedy than pure horror but that's why I liked it so much. :heart:

Edit: As for Rosemary, let's just say her situation hit close to home with me as my mom was married to a man who at first seemed a genuinely good guy until we found out he had been lying to us about everything throughout the entire marriage. He was also a crackhead who abused her and cheated on her, stole money from my grandfather, etc. All while convincing everyone he was such a great guy.

I saw a lot of him in Rosemary's husband which is why I realized he was such a well-written villain. I can imagine other women have had husbands just like that too?

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

21 Apr 2023, 12:08 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
There will be a Scream 5 planned.

Really? Woo-hoo! looking forward to that. *big grin*

I don't know. The fourth one didn't so well. Where can they go from here?

They already concluded the Maurine Prescott Arc and judging from Scream 4, I guess all that's left is to kill Sidney for fame. Perhaps the next Ghostface will just want to be the first to kill Sidney just to succeed where all others failed and be infamous, recognized, or something.

Have I been spelling Sidney's name wrong this entire time?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2023, 5:52 pm

Bob Harris (played by Bill Murray) and Charlotte (played by Scarlett Johanasson)
from the film Lost in Translation.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2023, 7:37 pm

Del Griffith in Planes Trains. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

https://youtu.be/CFh5FzXIeBg

GreenVelvetWorm
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 May 2023, 4:15 am

Jared Dunn from Silicon Valley

A running gag in the series is that he's had a horrifically tragic backstory, but the audience (and the other characters) only ever hear snippets of it that he mentions in passing, not realizing how unrelatable it is.

He's also just an all-around kind, sensitive, selfless person who is always focused on supporting the other characters in the show, which they don't reciprocate.

I wish they would all just give him a hug and tell him they appreciate him

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2023, 5:02 pm

Trixie Franklin (Call the Midwife)

Sure, she IMO came off as having a "bad girl" vibe to her personality at first,
but her first two relationships didn't work out, but she is now a married woman, so maybe third time could be the charm?