Page 1 of 16 [ 241 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2011, 7:39 pm

Are there any characters from a cartoon, anime, movie, or TV show you pitied and just wanted to be their friend and stand up for them because they are the butt of everyone's jokes, made fun of or are treated poorly? Ever since I was little, I always felt sorry for the butt monkey of every series I have watched, from Charlie Brown to Meg of Family Guy.

Beaux
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Sep 2011, 8:33 pm

Cereal mascots. Seriously, those are just depressing. And on another note, every single character in Neon Genesis Evangelion. Which is much less depressing than the aforementioned cereal commercials. :P

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 8:57 pm

Oh dear, where do I begin? Well, one example would be poor Vila Restal from Blake's 7. And then there is Kamelion from Doctor Who. Shinji from Evangelion is another example, and poor, poor Mikuru (from what I have seen) from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I'll think of more examples later.

On sabbatical...

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 11:06 am

Edward Scissorhands
The Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp version)
Emily from Corpse Bride
Yuri from Angel Beats (and possibly other characters as I'm still rather early into the show)
Kotetsu, Barnaby and Yuri from Tiger & Bunny
Everyone from 9
Everyone from Steins;Gate
Everyone from Puella Magi Madoka Magica (except Kyubey)

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 12:25 pm

The Trix Rabbit. Not getting the Trix is one thing, but do the kids have to tease him about it EVERY TIME? Nice message those guys at General Mills are sending: "It's okay to tease people with something they'll never get." What a bunch of little jerks.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 12:33 pm

The character of the "Bee Girl" from Blind Melon's "No Rain" video...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qVPNONdF58[/youtube]
... at least there's a happy ending.

Her real name is Heather DeLoach.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 12:49 pm

Ripley from Alien, that lady has got to have some of the worst luck ever.
All the Asgard from Stargate SG-1, all they wanted was to live longer, and they ended up dooming there entire race.
Reginald "Broccoli" Barclay from Star Trek: The Next Generation, poor nerves dude.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 8:49 pm

Muriel Heslop: Her so called friends were cruel to her as was her father.

Emily Corpse Bride: She was betrayed and murdered and she wanted Victor.

Katrina Stanton: from Bangkok Hilton while she was trying to contact her father she met a man who planted drugs in her bag and then he left her at the airport she ended up in jail.

The Grinch: in the movie he was bullied by the Whos when he was a child.

Anna: she was in an episode of Little House on the Praire. she stuttered and Nellie Oleson was bullying her.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 1:37 pm

I've always felt sorry for Double D from Ed, Edd, n Eddy. He seems like a really good kid and always tries to do the right thing, yet neither his friends or the neighborhood kids show him any respect. I also hate the way Eddy abuses his brain.

Then there's Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants. He's supposed to be the villain because he's always trying to steal the Krabby Patty formula, but I realy hate Mr. Krabs because he's a greedy jerk. I want Plankton to steal it because I feel he deserves it more.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 1:42 pm

GreySun369 wrote:
I've always felt sorry for Double D from Ed, Edd, n Eddy. He seems like a really good kid and always tries to do the right thing, yet neither his friends or the neighborhood kids show him any respect. I also hate the way Eddy abuses his brain.

I haven't thought about that show in years, i agree with you though, Double D was one of my favorite characters in that show.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 1:56 pm

Titangeek wrote:
GreySun369 wrote:

I haven't thought about that show in years, i agree with you though, Double D was one of my favorite characters in that show.

He's my favorite too. I can't understand why he's friends with Eddy. I can understand Ed because he may be an idiot but at least he's friendly and means well, bu Eddy is nothing but a selfish jerk who uses and abuses everyone including the people who are supposed to be his best friends.

I also agree with the person who mentioned the mascots for cereal commercials. Why don't the damn kids ever share their Trix with the rabbit? Or quit harassing the poor leprechaun about his Lucky Charms? :roll:

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 2:58 pm

I feel sorry for the phantom (in the film version) from phantom of the opera. Why would Christine choose that over-dressed snob Raoul instead of the sweet, gentle phantom... Okay so I know he starts murdering loads of people but wouldn't you if you had been abused as a kid because of your looks?

No. Probably not... :lol:

DreamLord
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Oct 2011, 12:07 am

Noah Bennet from Heroes (he always tries to do good and gets it in the neck for it)
Uncle Albert from Only fools and horses (always the butt of jokes)
Richmond from the IT crowd (ignored by everybody)
Sam from True Blood (I like Bill, but hes dead!)
Woody in the first Toy Story (going from 'it' to 's**t' must be awful)
Manny from Scarface (who was sot by Tony for being in love with Tonys sister)
Baldrick from Blackadder (always treated like an idiot)
Manuel from Fawlty Towers (same as above)
George Michael from Arrested Development (in love with an unobtainable woman, been there)
Chucky from rugrats (always the one dragged into situations)

At first I thought I wouldn't be able to think of any but once I start...

Hikikamori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Oct 2011, 1:37 am

on Soul eater there is this kid who's mom or something treated her badley and well I think she had a horrible life and I think she dies in the end.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 4:31 pm

Meg from Family Guy (I will admit Meg is one of my least favourite characters, but she does have her moments and I always love it when Peter mocks her, but still I would love it if she got her way for once especially with Connie Dimicco)

Ben 10 ( I know he can be an as*hole sometimes but his so called friends and even his girlfriend who sides with them are always mean to him. My advice is to ditch them and make new better loyal friends and one of them should be a girl he can try to score instead of his bitchy cousin who has the hots for the other guy)

Butters from South Park (I always find it funny when Cartman picks on Butters but he should still stand up to him and especially his parents, those guys are mean)

Dr Zoidberg from Futurama (Even though that Bender is my favourite character I think Zoidberg should at least cut off his arms)

The Autobots from the Transformers Movie Trilogy (The Autobots come all the way from their doomed planet of Cybertron to fight the Decepticons on Earth and protect us and some of the human characters are as*holes to them because some of them say they maybe more of a threat than the Cons)

Spider-Man (Lots of people love this guy but other so called good citizens treat him like garbage. J Jonah Jameson is probably number 1 on the list minus all the villains of course but their villains there beyond jerks. I remember in the first movie when Spidey saved that baby from the burning building and that dumbass police officer runs up to him and wants to arrest him, dude what a prick)

Wikus and the Prawns from District 9 (When the Vulcans came to Earth they were like Live Long and Prosper and Zefram Cochrane shakes their hands and bold future was ahead despite some bad karma on the way e.g the Dominian War, but when the prawns came to Earth it was straight to the camps and even though he was a bit of an as*hole to begin with Wikus was someone you felt sorry for but he almost got his way especially when he went all Iron Man on the soilders)

The X-Men (Humans hate Mutants, need I say more)

Brian from Family Guy (Maybe he does write crappy novels but the family shouldn't make fun of him that much and he should totally let Quagmire have it one of these days and despite being his 'best friend' Stewie should get a slap on the face)

The Navi from Avatar (Seriously Stephen Lang talks about honor, fighting for whats right and some bullcrap and yet he leads a massacre on innocent Navi while drinking a cup of coffee)

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 5:53 pm

I also always feel sorry for the nameless faceless soldiers working for an evil king/dictator who get brutally slaughtered by the heroes. I get the feeling these guys are not truely evil and are only doing their jobs because if they were to say no their masters they would be killed themselves. Plus chances are all of them have families back home who are going to be upset to find that their loved ones have been killed by the hero who supposedly saved the world.

The men in white space uniforms in the Star Wars movies are good examples of this.