Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

sparkplugloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2005, 4:29 am

I want to make a new version of my website (see www below) using Flash but besides buttons, I really do not know how to use the Flash software. Could someone help me ?

Besides, I have a new blog at http://iloe.blogspot.com.

Thanks.

Rekkr
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2005, 5:28 am

Learning how to create buttons and animation are really the only skills you need in Flash. They go a long way. To make the flash look good, you have to have good images and designs; it is good to have Photoshop or something similar with which you can create images.

V111
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2005, 8:47 am

Flash runs away no. but it can be useful if not used for ads and the not so good all flash only web site :evil: php cgi xml etc work fine in my opinon. heeh sound like a old fogey. Btw nice blog you have there

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2005, 4:52 pm

Flash is generally frowned upon for webdesign where other languages would do the same thing. There's always a lag in loading the plugin, and some people don't even have Flash installed for various reasons. HTML and CSS can go a long way if you really know what you're doing. I've designed a few websites in my time, and I can show you some examples if you like.

Also, your blog is pretty fascinating, especially your list of Aspies. Dan Aykroyd? Keanu Reeves? Steven Spielberg? Wow...