just out to chat with other people with asperger's syndrome

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

friedchickenfuelsme
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Sep 2011, 11:46 am

Hi everyone, i'm new to this site. I'm trying to find a way to be social with other's who have asperger's syndrome. yesterday my wife decided she wants to take a few days away staying with a co-worker so she can figure out what she wants to do. she has bipolar but was not diagnosed since she supposadly has OCD (which she doesn't) and it cancels out the possability of bipolar. She refused to let me go to the doctor with her and when i did go for my diagnosis, he asked me about her and told me everything i told him was news to him and she didn't mension anything that i did. anyway she decided to stay with a co-worker out of the blue leaving the 2 kids with me so i'm pretty much taking that as an indication that she is probably trying to start a new life while she's out of the house. So i figured i would try to chat with some people who know how the world looks for me, and since i dont do things like hang out at bars or go to clubs and noone on the internet advertises that they have aspergers it's kinda hard to meep people. I'm 27 and a male and get along mostly with women but i would enjoy talking with pretty much anyone. Only person i've ever talked to or seen that i knew of with aspergers is my little sister who is pretty much a clone of me but female. Looking forward to hearing from anyone out there.

young_god
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Sep 2011, 1:30 pm

Hi. Yeah, I get along with women a lot better than men too.

My longest friendships have been with women. (All two of them ;-))
I get on ok with men too, but if you ask me some people have serious
problems ;-), I am a lot less messed up in the head than a lot of people
I choose to know (or not).

How long have you been diagnosed?

(Going on a beer run - chat later)

TemperedGlass
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Sep 2011, 2:09 pm

:( I'm sorry to hear about about your wife's recent actions. That must be making you very sad.
Not a whole lot to give in the way of real support, and I don't even know if I have asperger's, but I am sad for your turn of events. :(
I feel like that would be awfully hard to deal with if I were going through it.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 3:07 pm

Redacted.

Last edited by Willard on 01 Oct 2011, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

young_god
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Sep 2011, 3:50 pm

Willard wrote:
Hoo-boy, What a ride, eh?

Hope whatever happens, the difficult part passes quickly.

Welcome to WP, one of the few Aspergian enclaves on Earth. Here we meet to analyze the behaviors of the natives and systematize our plans for world domination. :alien:

Are you mental?

Oh yeah, I just remembered.

;-)

friedchickenfuelsme
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Sep 2011, 7:08 pm

i was dagnosed officially a few months ago. before that as a child i was diagnosed with some kind of pervasive development delay not sure, my mom did all the talking and i sat and played with the folding farm toy the whole time. a couple years ago my sis was diagnosed wtih asperger's and she is a carbon copy of me so i finally got insurance and got diagnosed with aspergers. Would have been nice to get the diagnosis way sooner since i spent soo much time angry at myself wondering why noone wanted to be around me and why i could get ppl to hang out with me once and never again. Now that i know what it is, I am comfortable enough with myself not to be so angry. as far as hanging out with women, i get along with them better since they're more understanding, but i have not had a female friend who hasn't tried anything with me at some point, so I dont know if it's me they wanna hang out with or what. Guys are too competative, loud, and always comparing themselves to each other. Hard to keep up with when you don't know what to say and they're talking circles are me, and allot of them see it as weakness.. as far as my wife, she was making it out to be like she was moving out, then she turned around and said well it's only for a few days. She comes from a super unstable past so I'm not too surprised she is like this. she never had a real family. Anyone with asperger's knows change is very scary. I'm starting to think the only way i'll ever be with someone long term would be with someone else like me. I like things very simple, dont like drame, i say what i feel, and I like to fix anything wrong right away. my wife is opposite. she wants to hang out, be social, go places and I can't keep up with that. she started a new job and everyone invites her out every friday night and she goes out. she works monday through saturday and i work sunday so i barely see her now, and yesterday she texted me saying she's not happy (3rd time in a year she did this but this time she actually left) and said she was staying with a co-worker. it came as a surprise but the way she is, she is really unpredictable and acting really weird especially with the kids. she doesn't want barely anything to do wtih them. When i was diagnosed she went with me to the same doctor as she goes to, and since we were both there he asked how she acted and then told me it was the first time he was hearing of her acting like that and that it's unacceptable the way she was acting. I'm hoping she will come back and agree to getting rediagnosed since she didn't tell the doctor the whole store but the sugar coated one. the real story is much different. She is too stubburn to agree to it though and that's the only way i think we'll ever make it. I'm just worried she will leave, and then one day come back down to earth and then realize she threw her family away and try to come back and by then i'll be too paranoid and not trust her ever again.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 12:33 am

Welkome to WP!

Mick :D

young_god
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Sep 2011, 7:34 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Paragraphs are OUR friends.

They enable me to read your message and enable you to have your message read.

Not being a 'grammar nazi' as some people call it. I just am not able to coherently
follow what you have written without either re-editing it myself, or taking a very
long time to digest it piece by piece. I did try, but I'm sorry I just could not get
my head around it. I found your first post difficult also and realised that I had misunderstood it, in relation to what other people said. I would not have even known that I got the 'wrong end of the stick' if the other poster had not spelled it out.

I am not being awkward, I really would like to hear what you have to say, it is
just that I find it difficult. I read computer programming manuals and do not have any difficulty understanding them. Apparently NT (Neuro Typical) people have
this problem too - it is quite common.

I can listen to someone 'ramble' on all day. As long as they use paragraphs.
I hope I haven't offended you.

friedchickenfuelsme
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Sep 2011, 8:55 am

funny you point that out because i just tried to read it so i could rewrite it and even i got lost reading it. whenever I am upset i just kind of blurt out whatever i'm thinking. Pretty much what i was saying is i was diagnosed with asperger's a few months ago. My sister was diagnosed a year or so before me, which is why i finally went in for an actual written diagnosis. She is exactly like me, so i figured chances are i would be diagnoised the same.

Now the situation with my wife is that she is being treated for OCD and anxiety. The OCD part she certainly does not have. She told our doctor her cleaning habbits but it has nothing to do with OCD. She does not clean obsessively and most of the time since i only work 1 day a week she made me clean. That is some kind of control issue not OCD, since if she had OCD she would clean things herself and keep them spotless regardless of her mood. I brought up the idea of bipolar along with her other doctor she sees but that doctor says OCD doesn't fit wtih bipolar which makes sense now that i understand that she doesn't have OCD.

2 days ago she sent me a text message saying she wasn't happy and that she will be staying with a co-worker. I thought when she said staying she really meant staying for good since she said a year ago if she could find a place to go she would leave. It turns out later that she sent me a text saying that its actually only for a few days. I'm not sure what her staying with a co-worker for a few days means sine i would never decide one moment to leave my 2 kids and stay at someone's house she never met for a week.

I get along with girls better since they seem to be more understanding and less judgemental. Guys seem to be too competative and routy for me. I have never met anyone else wtih asperger's other than my little sister so may or may not get along with guys with it, but then again it depends on what their interests are. I'm pretty much into r/c cars and bicycles right now, so if i met one who likes that stuff then i wouldn't see why we wouldn't get along.