Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 4:15 pm

There are some noises/sounds/touchs that ALWAYS bug me.

But then there are others that will send me into overload but not always?

So....can your sensory outputs vary from time to time?
Or if you are indeed autistic does it need to be consistant with what overloads you?

Mostly sounds and lights vary the most but also sometimes touch.

Seems like since senses are also attached to emotions it could vary depending on mood.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 4:31 pm

Redacted.

Last edited by Willard on 01 Oct 2011, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZaannV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Sep 2011, 4:33 pm

Im glad youve posted this. I havent seen many threads about sensory problems. I really suffer with sensory and i havent met anyone who knows what im talking about. I try to explain it to people but they just dont get it.
I cant deal with certain sounds, lights, materials, touch etc. It actually causes me real pain. Example, with certain material, if i touch it, my hands start to go numb, i start to sweat and freeze up, and it hurts and im really uncomfortable.
I find that if Im tired, or my hormones are wacky, then my problems are more acute and i react more, rather if im alright i can deal with it better

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 4:40 pm

I've read some others post here in the past that their capabilities and sensitivities vary from day to day, and not always predictably.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 5:40 pm

my capacity for 'surviving' sensory issues indeed changes troughout the day, also due to other reasons then how much trouble i'm having that day; it also seems affected by what i eat, for example, or how long since i ate anything at least...
i am always bothered by the same things though, it's not like i suddenly like or dont care about bright lights or touch, i just tolerate it more or less

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 10:38 pm

izzeme wrote:
my capacity for 'surviving' sensory issues indeed changes troughout the day, also due to other reasons then how much trouble i'm having that day; it also seems affected by what i eat, for example, or how long since i ate anything at least...
i am always bothered by the same things though, it's not like i suddenly like or dont care about bright lights or touch, i just tolerate it more or less

ya what i eat seems to play a big role on sensory issues

fatty foods seems to exacerbate the problem