Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

jukebox
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Sep 2006, 6:02 pm

I just finished an Aspie quiz that asked if I have excess body hair, which struck me as awfully personal. *laughs* Is this an Aspie trait?

Dalebert
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Sep 2006, 6:05 pm

I've heard of a study that associates body hair with intelligence. It was something about a belief that intelligent people tend to be hairy. However, I think it turned out to be quite flawed. I suppose some might think AS is associated with hairy also.

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 6:16 pm

How can you associate body hair with intelligence? Asians and africans don't have body hair, that's discriminating.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 7:17 pm

My guess would be the belief that body hair represents higher levels of testosterone or Neandertal..both fairly odd theories of AS...IMO...I have very little body hair(less then a lot of females I know)but I was a "tomboy" growing up and build muscle easily...testosterone or not....?I have no idea.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 9:55 pm

i can't grow facial hair at all, does it bother me yes. since im 26. but then again if i could grow facial hair i'd prolly just complain about shaving oh well :P

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2006, 12:31 am

I heard body hair just had to do with genetics-- like if your parents are hairy, you'll be too. Anyone know if that's true or not?

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2006, 12:49 am

Dalebert wrote:
intelligent people tend to be hairy.

I knew it! Werbert is the smartest man in the world. Now, can someone please comb me?

laplantain
Toucan
Toucan

19 Sep 2006, 12:56 am

LOL Wilbert!

Well, we are Asian, and my 3 yr old son has tons of body hair. He has had sideburns, a light mustache, a hairy back and arms like a grown man, and dark peach fuzz on his ears since he was born. Everyone said it would fall out, but it never did.

Mnemosyne
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2006, 1:14 am

I would be really skeptical of any aspie test that takes your body hair into account when deciding your aspie-ness.