Anyone else play Guitar Hero/Rock Band?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 2:52 am

I can 5-star about 90% of songs on Expert. Anyone better than this?

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 9:11 am

I haven't played Guitar Hero in quite a while, but I still have 2, 3, World Tour, 5, and Warriors of Rock sitting in my videogame drawer. I remember I used to be able to do most of the songs on expert. I probably need some practice now.

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 1:27 pm

I casually played GH and RB for awhile, but I've kind of been starting to lose interest in them. If only RB could release some of the bands I want as DLC (Eagles, Aerosmith, Metallica), I'd be playing that plastic axe again in a heartbeat.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

29 Sep 2011, 5:54 pm

Comp_Geek_573 wrote:

I can 5-star about 97% of songs on expert. 8)

gadge
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 12:48 am

I play Rock Band 3 quite a bit. I play with 3 friends of mine. We've gotten 5 gold stars on a few songs..
We each have our favorite instruments and have them all. >>Guitar/bass/drums/keyboard/ and mics

Our band name is "Tuesdays Taco" I havent looked to see where we rank lately and the PSN network is down last I looked.

Mine is drums, When I play solo its always pro expert mode....(no sense playing it otherwise)
some songs I've ranked in the 300 range..usually score 90% to 100%

I use the DDrum..... DD1 electronic kit with a MIDI adapter.
[img][800:768]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff184/gadge_03/DSC01672.jpg[/img]

Implifications
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Sep 2011, 3:31 am

I played GH from GH1-GH3 and I played RB2
I could play expert and at my peak I could full combo about 5 songs on expert in GH2.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 4:05 am

It's not fair I mention Guitar Hero in a thread and everyone has a go at me and is nasty to me just for playing it, but not to you on this thread.

Anyways I love Guitar Hero and Rock Band, the latter more-so. My favourite Rock Band would have to be the 2nd one, for the songlist, which I've imported it to RB3. RB3's was almost as good but there was way more pop. I want to get LEGO RB and Green Day RB so I can export the songs to RB3, but they're so darned expensive brand-new. And no I couldn't find any export codes on Ebay.

My favourite Guitar Hero games are GH2, GH3 and GH World Tour.

Also to the OP's question, yes I can do over 90% of the songs on expert, on most of the games, on Guitar and Drums.

I also neeeed to get a keyboard for RB3! One for the Christmas list maybe.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

30 Sep 2011, 9:34 am

Simonono wrote:
I also neeeed to get a keyboard for RB3! One for the Christmas list maybe.

The keyboard is okay, just kind of hard to figure out.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 9:38 am

Comp_Geek_573 wrote:

You'll have to be more specific.

I can 5-star most of the songs in Beatles Rock Band on expert drums, no problem.

On the other hand, there are songs in Guitar Hero: MetallicA that I can't even complete on hard mode, on any instrument.

I rarely play any of the games on vocals.

N0tYetDeadFred
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2011, 1:29 pm

I love playing rock band, but I don't have enough patience to build up to expert level before I move on to a new song/game...

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 11:38 pm

I've only done Guitar and Bass.

On Expert I can full combo about 15% of guitar songs over all the games I own, 5-star 90% or a little more, and pass all but Fury of the Storm on Warriors of Rock. (I passed Through the Fire and Flames (GH3) yesterday and Jordan (GH2) today.) These figures are not too different for bass.

On Hard I could probably full combo half of guitar songs, 5-star 99%, and pass everything.

I don't even have a mic or drum set, and would only be at the Easy/Medium level at those.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 12:12 am

A small taste of my Guitar Hero skills. I screwed up a lot though, because my favorite guitar wasn't working at the time. :(

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoY0d0caPAY[/youtube]

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 1:43 am

Wow, I miss in those exact same spots!! ! The fast-strumming part largely because my max strumming speed is kinda slow.

That video could well be me, apart from the lack of hyperspeed. (I use Hyperspeed 3.)

I did end up passing Fury of the Storm. The problem I had was I was holding the yellow and blue frets too long while keeping the green down during the first YYGGBBGGYYGGBBGGYYGGBBGG... part.

AQ: 33

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 8:37 am

Comp_Geek_573 wrote:
Wow, I miss in those exact same spots!! ! The fast-strumming part largely because my max strumming speed is kinda slow.

That video could well be me, apart from the lack of hyperspeed. (I use Hyperspeed 3.)

I did end up passing Fury of the Storm. The problem I had was I was holding the yellow and blue frets too long while keeping the green down during the first YYGGBBGGYYGGBBGGYYGGBBGG... part.

Yeah. I had hyperspeed turned off so the notes could be seen better. I think it's better turned off though, because calibrating problems is so much easier afterwards. I left it off after making that video.

As for the misses, I normally get them all. I was using the guitar that came with it, and it wasn't fun. I got my other one to work about a week later though. :)