Attraction toward male friends

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 4:05 am

For the women here, particularly those who have mostly male friends:

Do ANY of you tend to wind up attracted to your male friends more frequently than they tend to wind up attracted to you?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 4:17 am

no.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 4:58 am

Not really.
If they're friends (and I don't really let many people become 'friends') I don't have any attraction to them, nor them to me.
Platonic friendships are just easier with males for me.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 5:35 am

I can't speak for other women, but for me, that's why they're "friends" and not anything else.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 12:07 pm

Since I have and have always had 0 male friends IRL, I don't know the answer to that.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 12:10 pm

They're friends because they were friend-zoned.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 12:50 pm

biostructure wrote:
For the women here, particularly those who have mostly male friends:

Do ANY of you tend to wind up attracted to your male friends more frequently than they tend to wind up attracted to you?

In some cases, friendships with casual intimacy can happen, just don't expect that intimacy to signify any obligation, commitment or the right to call her yours. If you do experience something on this kind, just enjoy for what it is whilst it lasts and don't expect something more or become emotionally attached or needy.

If a female only wants to be friends and feels platonic, let it slide, don't bother trying to dictate the dynamics of it, disregard her as a romantic interest and move on.

leviathans
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Sep 2011, 11:36 pm

You know it happens on both side. Some men get crushes on their female friends and some girls get crushes on their male friends.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 11:40 pm

It depends on the girl. For me, personally, most of the guys I have dated started as friends. I have only had perhaps 2 boyfriends who I met and immediately started dating.

Taking a break.

seoulgamer
Raven
Raven

01 Oct 2011, 12:26 pm

Presumably, it wouldn't happen that women would be attracted to male friends most of the time. Unless they were deliberately flirting with the female in question and trying to attract her, there would simply be no attraction on her side without a move from her male friend to trigger it.

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 10:13 pm

seoulgamer wrote:
Presumably, it wouldn't happen that women would be attracted to male friends most of the time. Unless they were deliberately flirting with the female in question and trying to attract her, there would simply be no attraction on her side without a move from her male friend to trigger it.

Huh, so you think that a woman is more likely to become attracted to a male friend who makes a move, than one who didn't? It often seems real life plays out differently.