Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Nick9075
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Sep 2011, 11:10 am

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2011/new ... d=HP_River

and

http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/29/news/ec ... ?iid=HP_LN

Everyone assumes something is wrong with me. People can see the scarlet letter on my forehead. I have an accounting degree and unemployed. My credit is also ruined which makes me unemployable not to mention having few if any professional references due to getting fired too many times

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 3:25 pm

So why not do your own thing? Start blogging...or really, write about accounting, etc...how to pay your bills, make some spreadsheets for people and teach them how to pay their bills...

Here is a good place to start blogging...I do...it's not great money immediately, but there is a need for it...

http://www.squidoo.com/autism-autismo

You can write about anything, but if accounting is what you like, then do so!

I have to tell you there are many who cannot pay their bills...they just have no clue on money management...FYI - having bad credit is not always because of bad money management, but rather from lack of money, ie. unemployement or being sick...I wish I could pay someone to pay my bills for me!! ! Not that I don't know how to, but I don't have the time. My husband is horrible at it and so I have to do it. I know he'd pay someone. Seniors especially don't have the time, widowed women as well...remember many men use to take care of finances at home and many women don't know how to...my grandmother is one that I have to not only pay my bills, but do hers...

Think outside the box! I know as an ASPIE you have to be great at that! Don't let others dictate your future!

:D

BasalShellMutualism
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2011, 7:58 am

This is actually a very enlightening article and confirms the suspicion that the country may soon face a shortage of nuts and bolts workers. Although with my ideal set, the term "worker" or employer makes me cringe. But one day without capital or state ownership there can be a class of us with these skills that can sell our "services" more at their true labor value.

Overall there are some unique opportunities here if only the state would allow or make it economically feasible to start ones on services in each of these areas.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 12:30 pm

BasalShellMutualism wrote:
This is actually a very enlightening article and confirms the suspicion that the country may soon face a shortage of nuts and bolts workers. Although with my ideal set, the term "worker" or employer makes me cringe. But one day without capital or state ownership there can be a class of us with these skills that can sell our "services" more at their true labor value.

Overall there are some unique opportunities here if only the state would allow or make it economically feasible to start ones on services in each of these areas.

I know that the oil fields (Bakken Formation in ND and similar formations elsewhere in USA) have a shortage of workers who are willing to get their hands dirty. USA insisted that all kids get a college education, with the result that there are too many office workers and not enough workers who know their way around tools.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 8:50 am

Please remember that even though the situation might become better, it still is not good. I mean, you will not encounter situations like someone not getting a vacation, so he quits, goes on vacation and then applies for and quickly finds another job. This is what apparently was not that uncommon in the time of the German wirtschaftswunder, at least common enough for a magazine to start its era of that time with it.

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

BasalShellMutualism
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2011, 9:52 pm

And there is this myth piece again
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/ ... 3O20111013

I call BS on some of these white collar positions in science and engineering.

Many of these tech jobs have a requisite conduit of colleges that more than likely cap admissions and refuse to train future workers that could fill these positions, but that's not what college is for, no -Its a business and the technical schools can cap and ratchet up their tuition because their social and cultural capital can demand more real capital.

BasalShellMutualism
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2011, 9:55 pm

Further in on the Reuters piece
"The problem is sufficiently serious that businesses are pushing Congress to address the issue of visas and help them hire more high-skilled foreigners."

Now we see where they are going... oh we can't hire Americans... we need to exploit foreign labor at lower costs to our business