Globalization (USA + Europe) 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 17

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 1:18 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I went with Nazi Germany, though it was a close race with the Soviet Union. In both cases, you had fanatical worship of a megalomaniacal leader who murdered incomprehensibly huge numbers of people. But while the Soviet system was able to reform itself after Stalin's death, there's no telling if such a thing would have been possible with the Nazis, even if they had survived intact after Hitler's death.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Nazism could not survive the crisis of succession.
Fascism being the political philosophy of not thinking things through
never survives the death of the nebish who founded it.
it is all smoke and mirrors.

There is some thought that Heinrich Himmler's lieutenant Reinhard Heydrich was being groomed as Hitler's successor, till he was assassinated by the Czech underground. As Heydrich was a ruthless bastard with the Nazi intelligence apparatus at his disposal, without being in truth the mindless fanatic most of the others were (for him, Nazism was probably just a means to achieving power), I think he may have been able to take and keep power. And being that he was the guy who came up with the Special Action Squads murdering Jews and partisans behind Wehrmacht lines, and later, gas chambers, that would've been just f*****g terrifying.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 1:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I went with Nazi Germany, though it was a close race with the Soviet Union. In both cases, you had fanatical worship of a megalomaniacal leader who murdered incomprehensibly huge numbers of people. But while the Soviet system was able to reform itself after Stalin's death, there's no telling if such a thing would have been possible with the Nazis, even if they had survived intact after Hitler's death.

There is some thought that Heinrich Himmler's lieutenant Reinhard Heydrich was being groomed as Hitler's successor, till he was assassinated by the Czech underground. As Heydrich was a ruthless bastard with the Nazi intelligence apparatus at his disposal, without being in truth the mindless fanatic most of the others were (for him, Nazism was probably just a means to achieving power), I think he may have been able to take and keep power. And being that he was the guy who came up with the Special Action Squads murdering Jews and partisans behind Wehrmacht lines, and later, gas chambers, that would've been just f***ing terrifying.

I voted the most dangerous one is the Islamic Dictatorships, partially because they are currently in existence. The Nazis while they were evil monsters, they are also pretty much all dead, and while one must learn from history, I think it is rather stupid to focus on being afraid of a bunch of lunatics that are now 6 ft under if you get my meaning. The Spanish Inquisition while horrible, occurred several hundred years ago, and Christianity has largely grown up since then.

Like the Nazis, the Communists were monsters, but there was some sanity in the Communists (more than the Nazis) and they did have some sense of self-preservation. We didn't have to worry about them lobbing nukes over at us with the idea that when they die they get 72 virgins for killing infidels.

Globalization is something to worry about, but I think the recent problems occurring in Europe has shown why Globalization doesn't work and set back that cause quite a bit.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 2:08 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

There is some thought that Heinrich Himmler's lieutenant Reinhard Heydrich was being groomed as Hitler's successor, till he was assassinated by the Czech underground. As Heydrich was a ruthless bastard with the Nazi intelligence apparatus at his disposal, without being in truth the mindless fanatic most of the others were (for him, Nazism was probably just a means to achieving power), I think he may have been able to take and keep power. And being that he was the guy who came up with the Special Action Squads murdering Jews and partisans behind Wehrmacht lines, and later, gas chambers, that would've been just f***ing terrifying.

I voted the most dangerous one is the Islamic Dictatorships, partially because they are currently in existence. The Nazis while they were evil monsters, they are also pretty much all dead, and while one must learn from history, I think it is rather stupid to focus on being afraid of a bunch of lunatics that are now 6 ft under if you get my meaning. The Spanish Inquisition while horrible, occurred several hundred years ago, and Christianity has largely grown up since then.

Like the Nazis, the Communists were monsters, but there was some sanity in the Communists (more than the Nazis) and they did have some sense of self-preservation. We didn't have to worry about them lobbing nukes over at us with the idea that when they die they get 72 virgins for killing infidels.

Globalization is something to worry about, but I think the recent problems occurring in Europe has shown why Globalization doesn't work and set back that cause quite a bit.

so far, though, Islamic dictatorships are pretty much without the means to genuinely threaten us. And as fundamentalism in this country has demonstrated, religious fanatics of any stripe are so anti-science, and so opposed to modernization, chances are they'll be lagging behind for some time.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 2:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

so far, though, Islamic dictatorships are pretty much without the means to genuinely threaten us. And as fundamentalism in this country has demonstrated, religious fanatics of any stripe are so anti-science, and so opposed to modernization, chances are they'll be lagging behind for some time.

Tell that to the families that lost loved ones on 9/11/2001.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 2:17 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

9/11 was not the work of any government, but of stateless terrorists.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 2:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You left out the financial backing and the fact the Taliban was refusing to hand over Bin Laden.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 2:26 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You left out the financial backing and the fact the Taliban was refusing to hand over Bin Laden.

The Taliban were accessories after the fact. And I think that the Saudis, Pakistanis, and others who had donated funds to Bin Laden knew that he was going to directly attack the US, they would have been struck with common sense, and withheld their money. That's not to say that that exonerates them.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 3:33 pm

GreySun369 wrote:
carturo222 wrote:
Allah is not a demon at all. Read the Koran. It's the same exact monotheistic god worshipped by Jews and Christians.

I didn't vote in the previous poll, but in this one I choose the Spanish. Their effects are more pervasive and lasting than any other's.

I agree on both accounts.

As do I why isnt fascist italy a choice :?:

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 6:00 pm

Joker wrote:
GreySun369 wrote:
carturo222 wrote:
Allah is not a demon at all. Read the Koran. It's the same exact monotheistic god worshipped by Jews and Christians.

I didn't vote in the previous poll, but in this one I choose the Spanish. Their effects are more pervasive and lasting than any other's.

I agree on both accounts.

As do I why isnt fascist italy a choice :?:

cuz Italy is not that scary.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 6:04 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:

cuz Italy is not that scary.

At his worst, Mussolini was more of a buffoon than a nightmare.

ruveyn

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 6:25 pm

Fascist Italy did some very scary things but nothing compared to Nazi Germany and the evil Soviet Union according to the history channel Joseph Stalin was more evil then Adolf Hitler but thats a madder of debate.