Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

encapuzado
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Sep 2011, 6:28 am

Today is my birthday.
Don't congratulate me. Thanks in advance.

Anybody else hate birthdays?
- People talk to me for no reason, just to say "happy birthday", this is stupid.
- People congratulate me. Why? I did nothing.
- Parents always asking "You want anything special? We must do something different! Is your birthday!". Damn, no. I want to follow the same routine as other days!
- Phone callings just to say happy birthday. "Lots of health, wealth, peace and love in your life". I don't like phones and my mom don't let me ignore them.

Last edited by encapuzado on 01 Oct 2011, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 6:55 am

It's just like any celebration, I guess. We have to give ourselves something to celebrate, or what is there to look forward to? :P

Hope you have a good day, err. doing the same thing as usual.

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 6:56 am

Congrat...uuups sorry :oops:

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 7:08 am

Well alright then, good day. Sure you don't want a congrats? :roll:

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 7:37 am

My birthday as well. Happy birthday.

TwistedReflection
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Sep 2011, 7:53 am

I can actually see where you're coming from with this; why celebrate the loss of youth and the gradual crawl toward ultimate fate? It seems counter-intuitive for a species so fearful of death to engage in borderline worship of the slow march into senescence. :roll:

I much preferred birthdays as a child, when the act of gift-giving was very much alive. Once you reach a certain age, however, nobody gives a sh*t anymore and the gifts stop coming. I'm only 24 and I'm already over the whole notion of inching ever further to the grave, and therefore ignore birthdays altogether.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 7:59 am

Happy Birthday! There,I said it. :D

My sister- in-law wrote me a card for my birthday that basically said "I'm glad you're here on this Earth" which is just what I needed to hear, having spend so much of my life feeling like everyone else's problem.

HoodedShadow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2011, 8:04 am

Yikes, my birthday is tomorrow and you just reminded me about it.

Yeah I hate them too.
I don't know what to do in those really, I just go open the door and welcome guests in and then go hide in my room.

The only thing I like is the money/gifts because I'm greedy.. :roll:

Email address: http://www.google.com/recaptcha/mailhid ... 0lSIA-uw==

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 8:09 am

I have to stop and think of how old I am. Senility or denial, I don't know which. :hmph:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 8:31 am

Enjoy your day.

Princess78
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: Massachusetts, or in a cottage with seven little men

30 Sep 2011, 9:37 am

Happy Birthday. I think I liked birthdays more when I was 5. Once I turned 30, I started liking them less. :( But I still get some nice presents! :D

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

30 Sep 2011, 10:48 am

I only like birthdays because my mom is the best gift buyer in my family. My dad, well... The best gift he gave me was a new blanket comforter. It wasn't the right size for my bed, and it was a Dora the Explorer comforter. Excuse me, but last time I checked I sleep on a queen and I'm not 3 years old.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 10:58 am

My mother,when she remembers my birthday, writes me a check a month in advance. Not a big one either. Sometimes she writes b.d. in the memo to make it special. :?

twich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2011, 3:04 pm

I've always hated parties. I haven't had a real party for a long time, but we're having a family get together tomorrow (Oct. 1st) because there are 3 birthdays to celebrate coming up, mine being on the 8th.

I like my family, so as long as I have enough notice, I like the get togethers we have even when it has nothing to do with birthdays because I don't have to be the center of attention (which is the worst part) and I'm not expected to let everyone touch my things. I like cake, though. And every few years (like this one) I get cake and pie in the same weekend because of the Canadian Thanksgiving. Otherwise my routine stays the same so I'm happy.

I never know what to ask for, though. I have everything I need.

Princess78
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: Massachusetts, or in a cottage with seven little men

01 Oct 2011, 2:44 pm

I like cake on birthdays, too. And ice cream! :D Cheesecake Factory has the best cakes. I had a really good one for my birthday this year, the Black Out Cake. My sister bought it for me, as part of my present. I picked it out (I love chocolate!) There was so much of it left, we had to freeze it! We bought it back in August, and it's still there!

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 4:41 pm

I don't hate my birthdays, but I hate the expectation that I celebrate them in ways that overwhelm me (i.e. by gathering with a large group of people, in a loud, brightly lit and chaotic atmosphere, where I'm not supposed to disappear because it's "my" birthday party.....).

I hope you have an ordinary day, and that it's enjoyable for what it is.

Love transcends all.