Page 2 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DreamLord
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Sep 2011, 4:54 pm

ruveyn wrote:
The Allies had better Boffins than did the Germans. Also the U.S. had better Jewish physicists than did the Germans which is why we got the A-bomb and the Narzis did not.

ruveyn

What does their race matter?

The Germans were on the brink of success. Without German technology America would not have the A-bomb.

The Germans had undoubtably superior technology, small arms, tanks, fighter planes, u-boats and such. Unfortunately for them they struggled to keep such over engineered machinery in good order and in good supply.

The main problem was fighting a war on several fronts with a numerically superior and better supplied enemy. The Germans did well considering what they were fighting against. the German soldier was perhaps the most wonderful weapon of the war, innovative, brave and professional. They were supported by world class scientists, fantastic military leaders and an intoxicating cause but alas soldiers need food, ammunition, reliable weaponry and clothing more than any of those. Their enemies had that.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 5:04 pm

DreamLord wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
The Allies had better Boffins than did the Germans. Also the U.S. had better Jewish physicists than did the Germans which is why we got the A-bomb and the Narzis did not.

ruveyn

The Germans were on the brink of success. Without German technology America would not have the A-bomb.

The Germans had undoubtably superior technology, small arms, tanks, fighter planes, u-boats and such. Unfortunately for them they struggled to keep such over engineered machinery in good order and in good supply.

The main problem was fighting a war on several fronts with a numerically superior and better supplied enemy. The Germans did well considering what they were fighting against. the German soldier was perhaps the most wonderful weapon of the war, innovative, brave and professional. They were supported by world class scientists, fantastic military leaders and an intoxicating cause but alas soldiers need food, ammunition, reliable weaponry and clothing more than any of those. Their enemies had that.

really is that how it went down?
Over-engineered = incorrectly engineered impractical technology.
World Class scientists = Pseudo-scientists that rejected some science because they thought it was too "jewish" .
Fantastic military leaders = morons that attacked Russia in winter and opened as many fronts as they could even when under-funded.
Intoxicating cause = Blaming others for their weaknesses and celebrating their own mediocrity.

Yeah those Nazis really had it going on its a wonder how they lost. :lol:

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Abgal64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Sep 2011, 5:32 pm

DreamLord wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

I actually think the Imperial Japanese were a larger threat to American foreign interests than the Germans: When the war started, they had the best navy on Earth, before the war their empire was largely unmolested (and those few that attempted to bother it were defeated) and during most of the war, as one book I read put it, Hitler's Germany could easily fit into a corner of the vast territory of Shōwa Japan. And, only the Imperial Japanese managed to kill any American civilians during the war (1, in southern California) or successfully attack the New World (the Aleutian Islands.)

The sad thing I find about Imperial Japan is that they did become barbaric and wicked: During the Russo-Japanese War, the crumbling Qing Dynasty offered support to Imperial Japan against the Russian Empire: The Japanese refused (though the Qing still helped in logistics.) In WW1, they fought the Imperial Germans, yet after the war, their Racial Equality Proposal was not supported by any Western power (Wilson, for example, was too afraid of loosing segregationist southern votes to support such a basic, obviously correct proposal.)

Why did Imperial Japan turn against the Chinese, who had, in all their incredibly long history, never done anything hostile of significance to the Japanese: even when Toyotomi Hideyoshi openly attempted to invade Ming China, the Chinese only defended their unfortunately located Korean vassal. Why did the Japanese, after being racially discriminated against by the West, despite all their accomplishments in culture, technology, warfare and modernization, decide to ally with their former enemy, the Germans, instead of with the Chinese, the Brazilians or other states that had huge amounts of resources, were moderately underdeveloped, also racially discriminated against and would, most likely, welcome the Japanese as allies against the Western powers who they all had shared abuse and discrimination from?

Japan could certainly have saved a great deal of bloodshed in building an ally out of China, especially if it did so before WW1, and, with China's huge population and natural resources alongside Japan's modern technology, they could have easily expelled the Western powers. Or with Brazil on Japan's side, the Japanese would have access to a huge amount of natural resources; despite being far away, Brazil was no more distant from Japan in 1880 than India was from Britain in 1800, or Indonesia from the Netherlands, to give a contemporary example. Brazil was perhaps even more developed than China and, for a short time in the 1880s, its navy was the strongest in the Western Hemisphere, even stronger than that of the USA.

Thus, why did Japan abuse and exploit its fellow Sinicized Chinese and Korean neighbors instead of its real enemies, the West?

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 9:56 pm

Nobody won WW2.

Hitler lost because he was incredibly stupid and incompetent.

DreamLord

30 Sep 2011, 11:54 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
World Class scientists = Pseudo-scientists that rejected some science because they thought it was too "jewish" .
Fantastic military leaders = morons that attacked Russia in winter and opened as many fronts as they could even when under-funded.
Intoxicating cause = Blaming others for their weaknesses and celebrating their own mediocrity.

By overengineered I am describing the amount of parts that do one job. When there are many parts that work in harmony you have the Tiger I, The Sturmgewehr, when one part breaks, one of many that is hard to replace, you have a big piece of metal.

Are you saying Werner Von Braun, the man without whom America would have no space program was a 'pseudo-scientist'?
What about the men who created the V-2?
They rejected 'jewish scientists' but in truth the only Jewish Scientist who has ever contributed greatly to human development with Einstein and the Nazis as far as I am aware never attempted to break the speed of light.
If there are others I apologise, but as with JakobVigil, I dont respect pseudo-scientists or dabblers in the softsciences as notable contributors to human civilisation.

They also had great military leaders, Rommel, the reason North Afrika didnt become an easy passage to the allies until late in the war. Heinz Guderian, the man whose Tank warfare still inspires modern tankies, Erich Von Manstein, who defeated france ina a matter of weeks (something the Germans and English had failed to do for centuries) along with winning many battles against the soviets in the east. Then we have unit commanders like Theodor Eicke or Oskar Dirlewanger, both leading from the front and dying in battle.

Then there is the cause, a cause that still survives, a cause I have witnessed fuelling men to spend their whole lives legally and sometimes illegally resisting the whole world for. Something more powerful than we are told in history books, it can withstand even complete destruction, mass vilification, even being made illegal. That has an effect, it did on the outnumbered men of the ostfront, of the Hitlerjugend who marched valiantly to their inevitable deaths. Dont underestimate the power of that hooked cross, that symbol of a strange kind of religion. Also never think that when Berlin fell, the power of the magick that had gripped its inhabitants had died.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 8:57 am

DreamLord wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:

By overengineered I am describing the amount of parts that do one job. When there are many parts that work in harmony you have the Tiger I, The Sturmgewehr, when one part breaks, one of many that is hard to replace, you have a big piece of metal.

Are you saying Werner Von Braun, the man without whom America would have no space program was a 'pseudo-scientist'?
They rejected 'jewish scientists' but in truth the only Jewish Scientist who has ever contributed greatly to human development with Einstein and the Nazis as far as I am aware never attempted to break the speed of light.
If there are others I apologise, but as with JakobVigil, I dont respect pseudo-scientists or dabblers in the softsciences as notable contributors to human civilisation.

They also had great military leaders, Rommel, the reason North Afrika didnt become an easy passage to the allies until late in the war. Heinz Guderian, the man whose Tank warfare still inspires modern tankies, Erich Von Manstein, who defeated france ina a matter of weeks (something the Germans and English had failed to do for centuries) along with winning many battles against the soviets in the east. Then we have unit commanders like Theodor Eicke or Oskar Dirlewanger, both leading from the front and dying in battle.

Then there is the cause, a cause that still survives, a cause I have witnessed fuelling men to spend their whole lives legally and sometimes illegally resisting the whole world for. Something more powerful than we are told in history books, it can withstand even complete destruction, mass vilification, even being made illegal. That has an effect, it did on the outnumbered men of the ostfront, of the Hitlerjugend who marched valiantly to their inevitable deaths. Dont underestimate the power of that hooked cross, that symbol of a strange kind of religion. Also never think that when Berlin fell, the power of the magick that had gripped its inhabitants had died.

What is it with the far right and the obsession with losers?
In America it is the confederacy the morons that lost their cause.
and then the Nazis if they are the master race then why are they so crap at everything?
in my book Success is based on -you know- actually succeeding.
The Nazis and their even weaker descendants that live in their mothers basements and troll
internet forums, are drawn together by a common bond of mediocrity.

Even in the dubious distinction of establishing a racist state governed by mouth breathers
the Jews beat y'all. We got 62 years of stupid you got what 11?
So Impressive.

You know, dying in battle when facing insurmountable odds may sound noble to a silly person but actually means you lost.
prolly cuz you are stupid, not you of course, but Theodor Eicke and Oskar Dirlewanger
and the rest of the heroes of not thinking things through.
losers that lost a war, lost a cause, and destroyed Germany.
But I am sure it will rise again just like Dixie.

I am sure also you are a "scary scary monster" with a "scary scary" Ideology
I am am so "terrified". :lol: :roll:

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

DreamLord

01 Oct 2011, 10:17 am

I'm about as scary as your average field mouse, I don't profess to be otherwise. Nor do I profess to be somekind of descendent of the reich, you make very bold assumptions that would be best pondered on before spoke.

I think I successfully demolished the arrogant and offensive assumptions you made, that was the point. The Germans have never been a people lacking in ingenuity or dash, they weren't and never have been the cartoon super villains of Hollywood fantasy.

I assume your book is little more than the pseudo science I described, hence your hostile reaction. Success is not something one can measure accurately while you still live, not unless you are under some silly delusion about what being sucessful is.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 10:32 am

DreamLord wrote:

Read the Farm Hall transcripts. Heisenberg and his group never even figured out the correct critical mass of U235 to make bomb go boom and they never mastered the technology of making plutonium. Heisenberg and his buddies who were interned at Farm Hall were totally astonished when they learned the Allies got a working nuclear bomb. The German theoretical physicists were world class but they never got even close to the practical technology.

Do you know who patented the Uranium chain reaction? It was that pudgy little Jew Leo Szilard. He also got Einstein to write the famous letter to FDR that got the Manhattan Project started.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le%C3%B3_Szil%C3%A1rd

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Epsilon

ruveyn

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 12:25 pm

DreamLord wrote:

Quote:

The Sturmgewehr series in its various forms (MkB-42, MP-43, StG-44, etc.) were groundbreaking small arms designs that were still in development during the course of the war. If I’d been a grunt in the Wehrmacht or Waffen SS I would have much preferred one over the more common K98k, MP-40, or even the G43.
The assault rifles used now are all descendants of the work of Hugo Schmeisser and associates.

Some of the others were actually simplified from their over engineered predecessors; e.g. the relationship of the P-08 (Luger) vs. the simpler Walther P-38 or the MG-34 vs. the MG-42 are a few examples of small arms improvements by way of simplification via modernization.

Quote:

There were Jewish scientists (Otto Frisch, Klaus Fuchs, and maybe a few others) that fled the Reich and its holdings and ended up working with Oppenheimer on the Manhattan Project. Had it not been for the anti-Semitism of the regime they could have gone to work for Germany.

Looking at it strictly in practical terms the anti-Semitic policies and actions of the Third Reich were a waste of valuable resources. Of the two, Hitler would have been better off focusing his wrath on communism and just forgotten targeting Jews all together. Why waste resources by killing another resource???

Quote:

Volumes have been written praising Nazi Germany’s great military leaders.
Germany lost the war but the leadership and brilliance of some of its better military leaders stand on their own merit.
I wouldn’t go too far praising Dirlewanger or Eiche, though, because of their other darker activities and that’s putting it very mildly.

Quote:

Maybe "the cause" lives on but it’s a weak cause at best. Not because of the left wing whiners but because the neo-Nazi movement at least in the United States has failed to entice enough of the public to achieve any real influence.

It’s a spent cause due to the lessons learned from the failure and tragedy of the Third Reich and enough other reasons, especially the genocide thingy, for me to write several pages on.

Hitler came at the right time in the right country and with the right message to move mountains THEN but that time has passed and I don’t think it’ll ever present itself like that again.

In a nutshell Nazis lost because they had their fingers in too many pies at one time and ended up losing them all. I see it primarily as a lesson in greed and poor national leadership at a critical moment.
Pretty much the same for the Japanese.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 1:14 pm

The Allies won World War II due to the advent of radar and the entry of the United States into the war. Germany couldn't use their blitzkrieg tactics on the United States thanks to the Atlantic ocean, and the United States' industrial base was outside of the range of German Bombers.

The British managed to keep the Germans out of England, which also gave a good staging area.

The Germans also screwed up going after the Soviet Union, the way that they did, the Soviet Union was too large for blitzkrieg to be effective.

Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor, missed the US Aircraft Carriers, whom were not at Pearl Harbor (a fact which caused the Japanese Admiral to withdraw rather than continue the attack).

While we could have won without the Atomic Bomb, the A-Bomb saved lives. The Japanese demonstrated that they were willing to fight to the last man, and even kill their own civilians if a place was going to be taken. We were potentially looking at thousands if not millions of American lives being lost to take Japan, and potentially a mass suicide. When we used the A-Bomb it was to demonstrate that if we wanted to, we could turn all of Japan into a smoldering crater if we wanted to. That was partially a bluff, but there were Japanese Generals that still wanted to keep fighting and the Japanese Emperor said enough, that he wasn't going to have his people be wiped out.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 1:21 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
The Allies won World War II due to the advent of radar and the entry of the United States into the war. Germany couldn't use their blitzkrieg tactics on the United States thanks to the Atlantic ocean, and the United States' industrial base was outside of the range of German Bombers.

The Germans developed short wave length radar on their own and equipped their night fighters with radar before the Brits equipped theirs. The Kammelheuber Defense system, an integrated radar, searchlight, artillary and night fighter defense was very potent and cost Bomber Command many planes and many lives.

Man for man, the Wehrmacht and the S.S. produced better fighters than the Allies. But that was not the deciding factor. The real deciding factor was U.S. production capacity. Neither Germany nor Japan nor both combined could match U.S. production capacity.

Admiral Donnetz of the Kreigesmarine realized that his submarine campaign was lost when the U.S. could produce ships faster than he could sink them.

ruveyn

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 2:28 pm

The Axis lost the war because Hitler decided to attack Russia.

War on two fronts, him in the middle, that was an amateurism strategic mistake.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 2:40 pm

Since I am german and I hate hitler with a passion for the monster that he was their statement is the main reason why Hitler could not beat Russia because he was dumb enough to attack Russia in the winter.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 2:42 pm

He didn't learn the lesson from Napoleon's campaign.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 2:46 pm

Joker wrote:

Since I am german and I hate hitler with a passion for the monster that he was their statement is the main reason why Hitler could not beat Russia because he was dumb enough to attack Russia in the winter.

You need to check your facts. The campaign into Russia didn't start in the Russian winter, it started on June 22, 1941 which is in the summer, what stopped it was the Russian winter and over-extended supply lines because the territory was just too dang large for blitzkrieg to be effective and the operation ended on December 5th, 1941.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Barbarossa

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 2:46 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
He didn't learn the lesson from Napoleon's campaign.

Your right had he learn from Napoleons mistake and errors he could have won the war.

Napoleon did the same thing Hitler did and failed you cant attack Russia in the winter they are used to that kind of weather germans are not and yes I am a german american with Irish and Cherokee heritage.