There never going to be to cure for autism

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Green89tom
Raven
Raven

30 Sep 2011, 1:21 pm

Why is there no effective treatment for autism? I guess the world does not care about us. Maybe the world should all kill autistic babies and be done with it. The cost for caring for a person with autism is high.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 3:20 pm

looks like a troll or at least a naive person

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 3:41 pm

Redacted.

Last edited by Willard on 01 Oct 2011, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 4:02 pm

autism will always be with us. Some of those carrying the genes but are not autistic are perfectly able to reproduce. In this respect, it is like sickle cell anemia.

ruveyn

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 7:09 am

And we need to be 'cured' because......? Just what percentage of autistic people need to be 'cared for', exactly, and to what degree; locked facility, special education classes, clarify, please? While we are at it, how about getting rid of all the diabetics, they are pretty 'expensive', aren't they? By the way, eugenics was invented/developed in California, not Germany, and seemed like a good idea at the time. Utilization of those principles certainly saved SOMEONE lots of money! Sylkat :x

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 7:28 am

Couldn't be furthermore from the truth in terms of current funding, we're the flavor of the week right now. I do think there will be a cure, just that they'll have quite a mess chasing the cascade of effects down to pinpoint it. Autism supposedly, in natural cases, doesn't show any differences on a brainscan or anything that's immediately useful in tracking cause or difference, hence its a much more low-level and possibly intricate mechanism.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

03 Oct 2011, 9:00 am

Sylkat wrote:
And we need to be 'cured' because......? Just what percentage of autistic people need to be 'cared for', exactly, and to what degree; locked facility, special education classes, clarify, please? While we are at it, how about getting rid of all the diabetics, they are pretty 'expensive', aren't they? By the way, eugenics was invented/developed in California, not Germany, and seemed like a good idea at the time. Utilization of those principles certainly saved SOMEONE lots of money! Sylkat :x

Well said, Sylkat!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 9:08 am

Sylkat wrote:

I'd definitely agree on diabetes, I known people who pay through the nose for medication and supplies - its amazing that they still haven't found a way to bring the costs down.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 10:19 am

I need no cure.

Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.

oldmantime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 6:41 pm

Autism is probably a form of brain damage caused by some undetermined mechanism IMO. So, while you may get rid of what caused it in the first place, it's not likely that you'll actually fix the brain of a person who's been effected.

Of course there's a lot more to it than that. If you fixed the effected area, you would still have to learn all that you missed out on. So the age of the person would matter a great deal too.

You can't fix everything.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 5:17 pm

oldmantime wrote:
Autism is probably a form of brain damage caused by some undetermined mechanism IMO. So, while you may get rid of what caused it in the first place, it's not likely that you'll actually fix the brain of a person who's been effected.

Of course there's a lot more to it than that. If you fixed the effected area, you would still have to learn all that you missed out on. So the age of the person would matter a great deal too.

Do you have anything to back up the brain damage theory? Because I'm more one to believe in a genetic cause.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ThatSillyGuyAndy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Oct 2011, 6:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
oldmantime wrote:

Do you have anything to back up the brain damage theory? Because I'm more one to believe in a genetic cause.

I found evidence that it's not linked, but since I haven't been here for a week yet, I cannot post it so I'll quote it instead.

Science Daily wrote:
ScienceDaily (Jan. 4, 2001) — Deepening the mystery of autism's origins, a Johns Hopkins Children's Center study has failed to link the typical autistic child's fixation on spinning objects and constant whirling around to long-suspected damage to the brain's control center for movement, balance and equilibrium.

There's more, but this pretty much summed it up.

Jeffrey228
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2011, 7:55 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
oldmantime wrote:

It would have to be genetic one way or another, seeing how that it seems specific Vaccines and Meds(drug use as well to the parent) would be caused if it was younger than 30 years old,

But past that age where most would have children at that time have an increased chance of the disorder due to age and brain formation issues due to the mother being almost past being Mature and going into an Elder, that would also cause Autism to a specific issue on it.

autismkid
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Oct 2011, 5:38 am

Green89tom wrote:
Why is there no effective treatment for autism? I guess the world does not care about us. Maybe the world should all kill autistic babies and be done with it. The cost for caring for a person with autism is high.

there good side autism and mostly bad side to it we obversely not choose to be born like it no need to say native stuff saying killing all the autism babys sick in my option

piroflip
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Oct 2011, 5:43 am

oldmantime wrote:

Brain damage?

AS runs in my family.

Were we all dropped on our heads as babies?

I don't think so.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 6:26 am

Green89tom wrote:
Maybe the world should all kill autistic babies and be done with it. The cost for caring for a person with autism is high.

I don't car where Green89tom is autistic. This is hate speech. Why don't you just link to Aktion T4 pictures on wikimedia?