Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 8:53 am

The challenge and point of this thread:
To create an epic poem!
Your post must follow the following criteria:

1. It must be one line (And no more than twenty words).
2. It must follow on in some way from the previous line in the previous post.
3. It must follow a pattern along with the other lines in a poem: an a, b, c, b, d, e, f, e etc rhyme scheme. Here's an example of the start of a poem that follows that rhyme scheme:

The cat sat on the mat.
It watched TV while it sat there.
Whether horror or a chick flick was on,
The cat could not know or care.
A dog came bounding in
And tried to play with the cat.
The cat yowled in anger and fright,
Playing with a dog? He did not like that.

Please make sure the poem follows this rhyme scheme. I'll post the first line of the poem in another post. Enjoy! :D

"The natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." David Attenborough

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 8:55 am

The woman sat on her bed, looking out into the night that darkened like her own life would.

"The natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." David Attenborough

To7m
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Oct 2011, 9:48 am

As she knew that the monsters would come to absorb her brain, to help them find the chosen one

(also that's ABCBADED not ABCBDEFE)
(also, how strict is rule 2?)

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 11:43 am

NOT INCLUDED IN POEM

To7m wrote:
As she knew that the monsters would come to absorb her brain, to help them find the chosen one

(also that's ABCBADED not ABCBDEFE)
(also, how strict is rule 2?)

No, because the first line does not have to rhyme with any of the other lines. If it's going to be a poem I'd say that that rule is going to be quite strict I'm afraid. :? But as far as I can see that line you submitted seems to go well with the one I put. :)