Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 5:44 pm

I just recently purchased the 14th season of South Park and it seems that these two episodes are absent because of some whole controversial mumbo jumbo. Does that mean the episodes won't be availible for sale in the future?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 5:59 pm

Both Google and Wikipedia are your friends.

Episode 200

Wikipedia wrote:
"200" received mostly positive reviews. According to Nielsen Media Research, the episode was seen by 3.33 million viewers, making it the most watched cable television program of the night. Both "200" and the sequel episode "201" were nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Animated Program in 2010. Within a week of the episode's original broadcast date, the website for the radical Muslim organization Revolution Muslim posted an entry warning Parker and Stone they risked getting murdered for airing the episode, which several media outlets and observers interpreted as a threat. As a result, Comedy Central heavily censored portions of "201" by removing images and references to Muhammad.

Episode 201
Wikipedia wrote:
The episode was written and directed by series co-creator Trey Parker, and was rated TV-MA L in the United States. Like "200", it alludes to several past storylines and controversies from previous South Park episodes, especially Comedy Central's refusal to show images of Muhammad on the network following controversies in 2005 and 2007 when cartoons depicting Muhammad ran in European newspapers resulting in riots and threats. Prior to the broadcast of "201", the radical Muslim organization Revolution Muslim posted a warning on their website that Parker and Stone risked being murdered for their depiction of Muhammad.

The result of this is that the Thugs of Islam win again, as yet another American institution collapses under their threats of violence - so much for Islam being a "Religion of Peace".

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

To7m
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Oct 2011, 6:16 pm

As I understand it, Muslims aren't allowed to draw Muhammad, but other people are*, so the extremists are just acting out
*I learned this from sp, so it might not be accurate

I really wanna see the uncensored version :/

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 7:44 pm

The reason Muslims do not have images of their god or prophets is because they would be false idols - people would pray to the images instead of the real thing. The Amish are actually similar in that way - they don't have mirrors, and any art they make of a living person or animal has the face blocked out, because they believe only god has the right to create life.

That said, I have my doubts that the Amish would ever murder someone in their village who violated this rule. At worst, I could see and exile-type punishment.

The creators of South Park are excellent comedians, and the show makes fun of as much as possible - equal-opportunity comedy. I am a bit surprised that they caved, but I suppose the fear of death can do that.

But they do not have me

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 9:32 pm

I think the problem is the fundamentalist Muslims. I would be interested in what moderate Muslims feel about people outside their religion showing depictions of Mohammad.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 8:25 am

tb86 wrote:
I just recently purchased the 14th season of South Park and it seems that these two episodes are absent because of some whole controversial mumbo jumbo. Does that mean the episodes won't be availible for sale in the future?

It looks like that might be the case, which is a utter joke. The values of freedom of speech are in danger of being eroded if we allow fundamentalist Muslims to stamp their feet and throw temper tantrums because their prophet is insulted and mocked. The moderate Muslims need to disown these extremists.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 9:04 am

That's weird. Both episodes were on the Season 14 box set here in the U.S.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 3:49 pm

Now that I think of it it's not really too bad because those 2 episodes weren't exactly that good anyway as are some of the episodes on the season 14 boxset. Some of the episodes like the coon and friends trilogy was good but I didn't really think they were that funny. The whole secret of Kenny's constant deaths was very interesting but when something funny happens like Randy getting his giant balls I know thats funny but I can't laugh at it, but I still enjoy it. I haven't seen any episodes of season 15 yet but when they come out on dvd(despite how bad they may be) I will buy it and add it to my collection.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 11:23 am

tb86 wrote:
Now that I think of it it's not really too bad because those 2 episodes weren't exactly that good anyway as are some of the episodes on the season 14 boxset. Some of the episodes like the coon and friends trilogy was good but I didn't really think they were that funny. The whole secret of Kenny's constant deaths was very interesting but when something funny happens like Randy getting his giant balls I know thats funny but I can't laugh at it, but I still enjoy it. I haven't seen any episodes of season 15 yet but when they come out on dvd(despite how bad they may be) I will buy it and add it to my collection.

Are you mad? Season 14 had it's funny moments, such as Randy getting testicular cancer and even trying to become a celebrity chef, the Coon and Friends trilogy, and the hilarious homage to Inception and mocking of that troll Snooki gets my vote. Season 15 has been good so far, can't wait till Thursday when it makes it way on to the internet, this time Cartman thinks he has Apsergers.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 4:03 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote

Quote:
Are you mad? Season 14 had it's funny moments, such as Randy getting testicular cancer and even trying to become a celebrity chef, the Coon and Friends trilogy, and the hilarious homage to Inception and mocking of that troll Snooki gets my vote. Season 15 has been good so far, can't wait till Thursday when it makes it way on to the internet, this time Cartman thinks he has Apsergers.

I'm not exactly saying that Season 14 wasn't funny I'm just saying it's not really as good as the last couple of seasons and I can enjoy watching Season 14 without laughing. Also I had a feeling that South Park was gonna mock Aspies ever since I was diagnosed with it and I'm just wondering if I'm gonna like it. Parker and Stone may mock alot of things e.g. gingers, disabled people, torettes etc but it's not like they mean those things in real life, they're just having fun, they have respect for those things they mock, for example I'm ginger and I still like that episode that mocks gingers though sometimes I may have second thought, just really tiny one, we're all human.