Best girl advice for aspie guys

Page 4 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 7:12 pm

MR20 wrote:
Yeah something else you have to consider, is that ever aspie born on different functioning levels. I mean just because you're able to go out, have friends, and date frequently like normal people, doesn't every other aspie can.

That is important too of course, but it is impossible to really know about anybody that you haven't met. It's impossible to know how much is "negative" thinking that is holding you or me back from just "living life". You might have more "functioning" than you think.

I am not pretending to be ignorant though. People can talk all they want about "dont think negative...it won't get you anywhere", BUT Negative experiences came FIRST in early childhood growing up, and that shaped my mindset for my teenage years, which shaped who I am or AM NOT now. I never chose to be a miserable depressed c**t. That is what my life circumstances and experiences brought in me. Its not impossible to change it, but f**k. If you started out with the wrong mindset, your basically climbing mount everest to improve yourself.

I want to be "cool calm and collected", but when I am out in public, that is far from how I feel.

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

03 Oct 2011, 8:49 pm

Surfman wrote:
If your a guy at art school who cant get laid, theres something wrong with you
Yeah. I already knew that there was something wrong with me.
But thanks. Thanks for rubbing it in.

Seriously tho, I think it's the area demographics.
There are more men than women in this town, so all the girls in my classes
already have boyfriends outside of class.

MetalAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2011, 12:45 am

lightening020 wrote:
I'm going to say something that I THINK is more important than the advice you are giving. I think at least anyways.

While I think your advice is helpful, you have your "image". From your photographs(even the first one), it is obvious that you know who you are, and you aren't afraid of showing the world. You already had your style and your attitude, that is where your "swag" comes from. From your body language and facial expressions in both photographs it doesn't appear that you have any shy or "not sure what you want to be" vibes.

You definitely have your "it" factor, and that seems to be what has been working for you and in turn producing confidence. I think that is the most important element before tips and suggestions on how to socialize. I think once you have "it", socializing comes more naturally.

I don't have "it". I might have been close to getting "it" at various times, but it just never happened. I can read countless advice on how to socialize and influence people, but I don't think it really matters. I don't have that "This is who I am" attitude to myself like you do.

This is why I believe "social skills" are kind of a myth, everything depends on personality and who you are.

Anyways I would like your comment on this. Maybe what I described isn't you at all....feel free to describe your trials and tribulations...thanks

Actually you pretty much hit the nail on my head. I've always had the same style, attitude, and music taste. But I didn't have my "swag" until recent years. I'd definitley say that going to parties, meeting people, and forcing myself to be social, so to speak, helped. Sure, there were times that I'd embarass myself, and there were times I'd embarass others around me, but I treated every time as a learning experience that made me into the man i am today. And people like me because I'm different, and I'm interesting to hang out with.

I went from being the weird kid who wears black and likes loud music, to the cool kid who wears black and likes loud music. Like Hyde from That 70s Show. I mean lets face it, chicks love a man who loves Zeppelin

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 12:56 am

Best advice for guys wanting to get girls....

1. Be attractive

2. Don't be unattractive

MetalAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2011, 1:28 am

SadAspy wrote:

1. Be attractive

2. Don't be unattractive

Then explain to me how Lemmy does it...

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Oct 2011, 2:15 pm

DeanAdamFry wrote:
Surfman wrote:
Your doing it all wrong

MetalAspie has got Liam Gallaghers eyebrows

and the encompassing neurology for 'eyebrow boy', is that of a babe hound

Its in his blood like Jack Russell terriers and chasing cats

not all the other advice.....

What do you mean? and What have I got then apart from very youthful look?

Wake up man ! ! You are a good looking guy..I think there would be tons of girls interested in you ..

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 11:22 am

bruinsy33 wrote:
Wake up man ! ! You are a good looking guy..I think there would be tons of girls interested in you ..

Not just girls, perhaps... :D :heart:

MountZion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Oct 2011, 11:32 am

This thread is pure win 8)

MetalAspie knows what to do, basically showing how to do it, even though he has aspergers and had his problems before, he embraced and accepted who he is instead of moaning about it.

Kudos to you man :)

Biokinetica
Toucan
Toucan

06 Oct 2011, 3:24 pm

MetalAspie wrote:
1. If you're trying to meet girls at like school or a workplace, heres one thing you need to remember - Being "the cool guy" helps. Giving off the impression that everybody in the room is your best friend makes you seem desirable. Alot of aspies will hang around a group of their peers, and fixate themself on 1 girl and only talk to her. That seems creepy. Sure, you can shoot the sh** with her if you're interested, but if you give everyone else you're with an equal amount of attention, it will work in your benefit.

2. Don't hesitate if the feelings right, because that will also make you look creepy. Be straight foreward with what you want but don't be creepy. If a girls talking to you and things are going smoothly, get her number and text her to hang out sometime. If you've been talking to a girl for a while and she seems genuinley interested, don't be afraid to sit kinda close to her and see how she responds. If she responds nicely, she'll naturally end up moving closer to you. And for the love of god, DON'T stand their awkwardly and nervousley just staring at her. Thinking about what to say to her. Because that can be taken SO wronly by her. She'll think you're a creep.

3. Girls get jealous. So talk to other girls too. Cuz she'll see you with her, get jealous, and want you more. Sounds crazy. It works.

4. Be cute and funny. Make fun of them but in a joking way. If you got a girl laughing, youve got a girl loving.

5. Don't worry about getting put in the friend zone. I love having female friends. Having female friends who can give me advice and I can have heart-to-hearts with about anything is great. My first year in college, I made friends with so many girls and theyre all like sisters to me now. But this year, I've just been flirting and hooking up with freshmen girls. After all those times getting put in the friend-zone, I now know how NOT to get put in the friend zone.

6. If you're gonna try to cuddle up to a girl or touch legs with her, at least make sure the chemistry between you guys is ok enough where you can do it. I saw this one kid with aspergers at my school try to touch legs and snuggle up to this girl, but he didnt say a word to her. He just sat there, staring off into space, and slowly kept inching closer to her. Creeped her the f**k out. I ended up getting a blowjob from that same girl, and spent 2 nights in her dorm because I knew how to get her and I did it right.

This reads like "NT Dating 101". I'm not sure how this helps the multitudes of problems aspies have with actually performing these actions. To say this on a forum is one thing. To have it pass typical aspie scrutiny and actually put it into practice is entirely another.

MetalAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Oct 2011, 6:47 am

Biokinetica wrote:
MetalAspie wrote:
1. If you're trying to meet girls at like school or a workplace, heres one thing you need to remember - Being "the cool guy" helps. Giving off the impression that everybody in the room is your best friend makes you seem desirable. Alot of aspies will hang around a group of their peers, and fixate themself on 1 girl and only talk to her. That seems creepy. Sure, you can shoot the sh** with her if you're interested, but if you give everyone else you're with an equal amount of attention, it will work in your benefit.

2. Don't hesitate if the feelings right, because that will also make you look creepy. Be straight foreward with what you want but don't be creepy. If a girls talking to you and things are going smoothly, get her number and text her to hang out sometime. If you've been talking to a girl for a while and she seems genuinley interested, don't be afraid to sit kinda close to her and see how she responds. If she responds nicely, she'll naturally end up moving closer to you. And for the love of god, DON'T stand their awkwardly and nervousley just staring at her. Thinking about what to say to her. Because that can be taken SO wronly by her. She'll think you're a creep.

3. Girls get jealous. So talk to other girls too. Cuz she'll see you with her, get jealous, and want you more. Sounds crazy. It works.

4. Be cute and funny. Make fun of them but in a joking way. If you got a girl laughing, youve got a girl loving.

5. Don't worry about getting put in the friend zone. I love having female friends. Having female friends who can give me advice and I can have heart-to-hearts with about anything is great. My first year in college, I made friends with so many girls and theyre all like sisters to me now. But this year, I've just been flirting and hooking up with freshmen girls. After all those times getting put in the friend-zone, I now know how NOT to get put in the friend zone.

6. If you're gonna try to cuddle up to a girl or touch legs with her, at least make sure the chemistry between you guys is ok enough where you can do it. I saw this one kid with aspergers at my school try to touch legs and snuggle up to this girl, but he didnt say a word to her. He just sat there, staring off into space, and slowly kept inching closer to her. Creeped her the f**k out. I ended up getting a blowjob from that same girl, and spent 2 nights in her dorm because I knew how to get her and I did it right.

This reads like "NT Dating 101". I'm not sure how this helps the multitudes of problems aspies have with actually performing these actions. To say this on a forum is one thing. To have it pass typical aspie scrutiny and actually put it into practice is entirely another.

Funny though, I have aspergers and I've mastered those actions down to a science...So obviousley I'm not the only aspie who has the potential to get chicks.

Biokinetica
Toucan
Toucan

07 Oct 2011, 6:52 am

You sound like an example of one of the umpteen number of discussions here on 'nice guys'. I'm pretty sure I don't want to be like you.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 7:57 am

Very good advice, Metal Aspie.

More respect to guys who approach women. Even if they get rejected, there's more respect for them then the guys who just creepily stare.

verbal0rchid
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Oct 2011, 8:53 am

MetalAspie wrote:

Sorry, that would scream "Player" and I would bail real quick & in a hurry. If it works for you, great. It wouldn't work on me. It would backfire on you.

Biokinetica
Toucan
Toucan

07 Oct 2011, 8:54 am

MetalAspie wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
I stop liking a guy if I see him flirting with a load of other girls, just makes me think he's a womanizer who's just gonna use me.

Most of the time, its the other girls that are flirting with me. And obviousley I'm not gonna be like "No, eww go away". You just gotta have the swag to attract them. Swag is key. Plus, most of the girls I flirt with also flirt with lots of other guys so its not like theyre gonna get offended or anything. Its just...idk...how people act at art school lol

I think you mean "swagger". "Swag" is a material gift given in compensation for one's time at an event...

Guess "swag" could work too, depending upon the kind of girl you're trying to get to fellatiate you.

verbal0rchid
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Oct 2011, 9:03 am

You wanna know how to get girls? Here are a few helpful hints from yours truly:

- Figure out what you want her for. Date? Relationship? Booty call? Once you figure that out, find a girl who matches it.

- Say what you mean, and mean what you say. If you tell a girl you like her, and want to get to know her, MEAN THAT. Don't use it as a euphemism for "get in her pants". Nobody likes discovering they were led on and then used.

- DO what you say you are going to. If you say you're going to call/text/meet someone, DO IT. Don't wait 3 days, and don't make excuses. A little common courtesy goes a LONG way. If something comes up, let them know. It's not rocket science.

- DON'T flirt with a s**t ton of other girls if you are interested in ONE. Unless she's a die-hard flirt too, she'll be offended, and see your flirting as being a player only after one thing, and not being very discriminating on who you get it from either. Whether we admit it or not, women are sensitive to things like that. Hell YES, if I see a guy I like, that blows me off for some other chick, she at least had better be prettier than I, or you can bet I will be offended. It's like rubbing salt in an open wound. At the end of the day, we're girls. We're a little bit vain, even if we don't like admitting it.

- For the online folks - If you get involved with someone long distance, and communicate primarily online via social networks like Facebook, Myyearbook, etc., there are a few other tips that might help.
--- Don't tell her you're going to bed, and then stay online. She will see it when you least expect it, and bye bye potential date. That means she can't trust you for s**t, and won't continue to associate with you.
--- Don't delete posts she makes on your page/wall/whatever, because you don't want "other girls" to see it. Don't EVER tell her "I just don't want drama to start from it" - In Girl Code, that means you got somebody else you're interested in, and you don't want to run THEM off by making any open indication of interest in HER.
--- Don't hide things that other girls say to you or send you. If any of you have been on myyearbook, you know you can send things like stickers, gifts, etc. You have the option to hide them on a profile so nobody can see it. If you're talking to one girl, and suddenly you hide your friends list, stickers, or whatever - again, in Girl Code, that means we can't trust you, and we bail.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 9:32 am

MetalAspie wrote:
SadAspy wrote:

1. Be attractive

2. Don't be unattractive

Then explain to me how Lemmy does it...

Lemmy is a rock star - I would do him... :wink: