Do you hate finding a friend in a crowded place

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

oddness
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2011, 5:06 pm

Does anyone else hate walking into a place like a restaurant or bar or shop to find some one. I mean when your friend or someone says shall we meet in this bar and you have to walk in to the bar and find where they are stood.

I hate doing this I would much prefer to meet someone in the car park where I can spot their car instead of searching a crowded room for a face but I think NTs find this odd dont they?

I wonder whether this is linked with me not liking looking people in the eye and to pick out the right person you have to stare at lots of peoples faces. Is there any way of getting round this?

AnonymousPasserBy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2011, 6:02 pm

I usually go to a calm spot and text them to meet me there.

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 10:29 pm

I hate doing this because I have trouble recognizing people in a crowd unless I know them very well.

I don't have a solution though. I just try and arrive before them, so they have to look for me rather than me looking for them.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

kwilky
Raven
Raven

03 Oct 2011, 12:24 pm

Dots wrote:
I just try and arrive before them, so they have to look for me rather than me looking for them.

I don't have anyone I'd have to meet so I don't have this problem. If I did have to meet someone somewhere then this is what I would do.

Wayne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2011, 3:29 pm

Actually I hate not finding a friend in a crowded place. Once I find the friend... well, I'm still stressed out from extended periods of not finding them, but still...

Wobbuffet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Oct 2011, 4:43 pm

I hate it...I feel like everyone is watching me, or maybe the person I'm looking for hasn't arrived yet, so I'll be myself until they do.