Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 12:59 pm

I don't think you need makeup - I think you look good without it!

imcaptainkirk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Oct 2011, 5:36 pm

They do say people never see themselves as they truly are. I just hope someday a girl and I fall truly and deeply in love with one another like how Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher did.

I like the look of that guy with the eyeliner. He'd make a dandy outlaw. :)

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 6:51 pm

imcaptainkirk wrote:
They do say people never see themselves as they truly are.

I certainly don't feel attractive. Hardly anyone ever notices me. I studied catering last year and didn't make a single friend. A few years before I studied computers and the one person who did talk to me only barely got on with me. Even with my poor judgment I could tell their facial expressions showed embarassment about talking with me.

Now I'm studying counselling and I don't even feel confident to smile at the others in the class. A few times I did and was greeted with a stony look of incomprehension. When I bring points up in the classes they don't generate much response compared to the other students. Yet this is no doubt all an illusion. It's what I live with though.

I would bet that it is not an illusion, but a real quantifiable phenomenon. Autistics are often automatically ignored because we do not project the signals that motivate NTs to respond to us, as they do to each other.

glasstoria
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Oct 2011, 8:22 pm

Make up tends to be kind of creepy on regular guys in my opinion, by regular I mean guys that aren't musicians or in films.

Maybe you could take your idea of going to a beautician, and see someone at a spa who does facials. Those can help even out your skin and brighten your complexion, and having all that massage on your face helps your circulation which makes you look pinker and healthier. If you can stand having someone muck around on your face, maybe that would be a good idea. They could also point you to facial products you could use, like face lotion or whatever. It isn't make up, but you might like how you look.

Hope that helps.

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 8:56 pm

do you mean like.. touching up or using eyeliner(no offense if that's your thing)
my opinion is that any human being can use some touch up and it makes everyone look better, atm i don't have any money to afford make up but as soon as i have i'm sure gonna buy a bunch of make up to make sure i look perfect(i'm a perfectionist and a controle freak) it's just the art of making it not look obvious. Youtube is a good place to become a pro in it all, i would suggest buying a tinted moisturizer or concealer and a foundation.
the brands MAC and make up forever must be the most prof ones out there and usually are the best. Sephora has a great website to check out.

good luck and please don't listen to people who say that make up is for woman, it was invented for men ;-)

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.