You Were Right and I Was *gasp* Wrong.

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

momsparky
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 1:41 pm

Somebody, somewhere (DenvrDave?) mentioned doing part-time homeschool with an online curriculum. Just throwing it out there because it seems like a good idea, not sure if it will help you...

KathySilverstein
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2011, 12:58 am

Wrightslaw.com is a great resource for learning anout special education law.
I would say having an IEP would benefit him very much.
It's harder to do when they get older, I wish you luck.

2Ex2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2011, 10:48 am

I want to thank everyone that has contributed to this post. I shared the ideas with my husband and he's softened on the homeschooling issue. In fact, the social worker called this morning and suggested that my son might just be a good candidate for homeschooling the more she gets to know him, so we are having a meeting this week to look at options. I feel like such a burden has been lifted, especially with DH on board. I'll let you know how it goes!

Kailuamom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 12:53 pm

My son is in 6th grade and we are homeschooling him this year, I think your son can do it!

We are in a hybrid program / charter school where my son meets with his teacher 1 x per week. In addition to this we have a tutor come in 12 hours per week and then we work with him. We have the tutor because I work full time.

Our program hosts classes for the high school kids, they can also take many many of their courses at the junior college, thereby knocking out high school and college credits at the same time.

There are a ton of different homeschool options out there - I think you might be surprised!