Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

JML101582
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 10:53 pm

October 6, 2011

Dear Ms. Cardellini,

I took the time to write this letter that I hope you will truly like. I am currently living in Edmonds, WA, a small city near Seattle. I am still trying to go for my transfer degree so that I can attend a four-year college, however money has been tight. If I happen to graduate at nearby Edmonds Community College, I would like to pursue a degree in the theatre arts at a local university because I love performing on stage and acting in all areas. I also work part-time at Safeway in Lynnwood, WA.

Throughout my entire childhood to early adulthood, I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and was heavily overweight. I first had AS at the age of eighteen and did not know how to socialize properly with my own peers and would get jittery when plans suddenly change. Right now, I have improved on those things, but still have a great deal to learn when it comes to schedules when changes quickly arise. Six years ago, I have finally beaten my cravings for eating so much food and started to workout five times a week; I ate three meals a day including a snack; and I went out with my friends and family often. So I currently feel pretty good about myself more than ever before.

I actually loved your performance as the beautiful, intelligent teenage outsider, Lindsay Weir, on the cult classic TV show "Freaks and Geeks". During that period of time, I used to have a tremendous crush on you when I was sixteen years old when the show originally aired on NBC. I thought you did a remarkable job enhancing your character. I have owned the box set of that show since 2005 and still continue to watch the show to this day as it is one of my favorite TV shows of all-time although it was on the air for one season. I also liked your performances as Clara Forysthe in the mini-series, Comanche Moon and as Nurse Samantha Taggart in the long running series, “ER”.

It has always been dream of mine to become an actor since I was a very young boy and if there is anything I would want to do more in life, it would be to work with you if I ever make it as a film and television actor because you can make the roles you play your own as well as you do not let fame go into your head. You seem to have a humble, but lively personality which is what I like in an actor and actress. You also fit the definition of a “brunette beauty” because you have beautiful dark brown hair and stunning brown eyes that goes with your kind-hearted personality.

Thank you for reading this letter and I hope that you find more roles to continue your career. You are beautiful and hard working furthermore you deserve the best roles Hollywood and/or Independent films can offer.

P.S. I hope you get nominated for a Golden Globe, SAG, and Oscar for your work in Return because you deserve it after fifteen years of screen acting.

With Regards,

Jason M. Lundgren, 28
Edmonds, WA

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 7:24 am

I wouldn't say "Throughout my entire childhood to early adulthood, I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and was heavily overweight," because you weren't continuously diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. I would say "I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and throughout my childhood and early adulthood, I was overweight."

Also, you didn't "...first have AS at the age of eighteen..." as AS is lifelong. People are born with AS, it is a developmental disorder, so you cannot just randomly develop it. I would say that, if you were diagnosed at 18, to put that; you shouldn't say that you first had it at 18.