Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

roast_chicken
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Oct 2011, 6:58 am

Hey everyone!

I'm Nikki. :)

I'm in my 20s and I'm from New Zealand.

I decided I would join up to this site because it's been quite hard finding friends who will stick around and I do enjoy participating in online forums.

Well, I haven't been officially diagnosed as yet, but I'm 90% sure that I am afflicted with mild AS. Thankfully I have been given a recommendation for a really good GP/psychologist, so I am hoping to get the ball rolling and make get an official diagnosis.

It all started because I met a girl who was just so much like me. I was amazed by our similarities. One of the things which we had in common was a tendency to research things obsessively - and both of us have a quirky thing that we are into. :nerdy: Mine is reading stuff about planes and plane crashes and hers is looking up conspiracy theories, like the reptilian humanoid conspiracy theory and things about aliens. :D I can't explain why I find this so interesting, I guess I'm just amazed by the fact that this metal tube is catapulting itself through the air with a bunch of people in the air...everyone else thinks I'm nuts. LOL. :oops: Oh well.

Anyway, she mentioned that a doctor told her once he thought she might have mild AS. This really got me thinking, as everyone in our family is convinced that my father has undiagnosed AS (after it was pointed out to us by a psychologist at a social club he belongs to). I decided I would investigate, so I am reading this book called "Aspergirls". OMG. It is honestly like reading a biography of my life. LOL.

I really like the title of this forum. It's so appropriate. I bumped into an acquaintance tonight who has AS and I said "Guess what? I think I might have it too!". He said to me "yeah I picked it already...". Sigh. Second person to say that and I've only mentioned it to 3 people. Anyway, while we were sitting down having a drink, I was just thinking to myself that it was kind of like we were like martians, put on the wrong planet. I actually really like this person, especially because their way of thinking really makes sense to me. He is very logical and he is also very interesting and intelligent. You know, sitting there with him It actually made me feel kind of cool, like I was part of some special little elite club. :afro:

I guess when I think about all the dramas I've had at school, at work, in shared flats and with friends, it's not actually so cool, but I prefer to put a positive spin on things. So I'm going to stick with the "elite club" mode of thinking. Haha.

Thanks so much for reading and I'm looking forward to chatting with some of you :) :wink:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 7:13 am

Welkome to WP!

Mick :)

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 10:27 am

Welcome, Nikki.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 11:11 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet!

Hope you enjoy your stay here :)

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 11:12 am

Welcome!

Princess78
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: Massachusetts, or in a cottage with seven little men

07 Oct 2011, 11:14 am

Hi! Welcome to Wrong Planet! Where did you find the book Aspergirls? I couldn't find it at my local library. Is is online or in bookstores?

roast_chicken
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2011, 12:59 am

Thanks everyone. I downloaded "aspergirls" as a kindle book from amazon dot com. You can easily read it on your computer if you download the free Kindle software.

Princess78
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: Massachusetts, or in a cottage with seven little men

24 Oct 2011, 11:55 am

I don't have a Kindle, but thanks anyway!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Oct 2011, 2:20 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image