Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 9:09 am

What do I think?
I really don't like him.
He is pretty dull. He did not put any effort into the iPhone 4s announcement at all,at least Steve Jobs made other announcements magical.
What do you think?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

08 Oct 2011, 10:55 am

I find it difficult to care in the slightest, TBH.

Apple will now either stand or fall on the merits of the products alone.
It will be interesting to see what happens sans Jobs - Apple nearly vanished the last time he wasn't around.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 11:20 am

He's been effectively running the show for quite some time now, so I don't doubt his expertise. He's not as charismatic as Jobs so that might hamper things somewhat - they might eventually have someone other than the CEO as the "face" of Apple, giving the most important keynote addresses.

I find it interesting how quickly people decided what they thought of Tim Cook as CEO of Apple when he took office, and drew an elaborate characterisation of the man - he's a very reserved individual, and it seems like people just drew from what few anecdotal reports they had and his apparent cool demeanour and built a picture around it.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 12:01 pm

Cornflake wrote:

It will be interesting to see what happens sans Jobs - Apple nearly vanished the last time he wasn't around.

No product ever sells itself. Part of the economic success of a business firm depends on how its goods and services are marketed.

ruveyn

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

08 Oct 2011, 12:36 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Cornflake wrote:

No product ever sells itself. Part of the economic success of a business firm depends on how its goods and services are marketed.
Of course not - I meant it will be interesting so see how the company fares without the "messiah" at the helm.
We may discover how much of Apple's popularity is down to the usefulness/effectiveness/cheapness of the products vs. the whole "Cult of Jobs" thing.