Page 3 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Sempiternal
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 10:13 pm

Only if it has to do with North Korea (or the Korean War in general), maybe the Vietnam War, and of course, Axis Powers Hetalia. That show made me find World War 2 funny... and now I feel bad after learning about the Holocaust in English class. :lol:

Like Albirea, I'm more of a science person.

AudaciousLarue
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 May 2012, 2:56 pm

I'm a history buff when it comes to Russian history.

Specifically, the Czars and the Russian Revolution(s) of 1905 and 1917 are my favorite subjects.

AWESOMENESSFTW4444
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 May 2012, 12:02 am

I love history. I find war history to be the most fascinating, but I'll willingly dive into reading up on other parts of it was well. Although my high school only requires 3 years of it, I plan to take Advanced World History senior year, and I might want to take a few history classes when I get into college.

And yes, I did draw my profile picture. I have more work on deviantart, but it's VERY old. I might just poster newer work on here.

cowscows
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Aug 2012, 3:45 am

Sempiternal wrote:
Only if it has to do with North Korea (or the Korean War in general), maybe the Vietnam War, and of course, Axis Powers Hetalia. That show made me find World War 2 funny... and now I feel bad after learning about the Holocaust in English class. :lol:

Like Albirea, I'm more of a science person.

Oh yeah remember Italy in Hetalia when he said Pasta that was soo funny. Only watched a little bit of it but hope to watch more lol.

cowscows
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Aug 2012, 3:46 am

AudaciousLarue wrote:
I'm a history buff when it comes to Russian history.

Specifically, the Czars and the Russian Revolution(s) of 1905 and 1917 are my favorite subjects.

Ivan the Terrible was sure one hell of a beast. I have read about him, he was even worse than Henry VIII.

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2012, 3:10 am

I mainly go for Middle Eastern history, Russian history, and (currently) Victorian era history. All of them were to keep accurate with the fanfiction I was/is/am writing right now. *gasps* Cowscows! I love you so much because I heard that! I love Russia!

Charmless
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Aug 2012, 12:48 am

I don't really have to make an effort to memorize history, and I have a serious obsession with British history...and literature...and military history...and American history...and Russian...and Chinese...and random anecdotes. *salivating over keyboard* Yeah, I'm just a freak sometimes >_>

"Goddamn it, you've got to be kind."-Kurt Vonnegut

I like Vonnegut quotes, OKAY?

HistoryNut
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Aug 2012, 1:16 pm

I'm a Canadian history buff, myself, and a War of 1812 re-enactor. I portray a regular in a British line company of the 41st Regiment of Foot

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2012, 2:37 pm

I HATE it. Most of it makes no sense. Why go to war over a girl? Why go to war over 2sq miles of land that stuff probably won't grow well on? How do you disgrace a guy who's already dead? Why consult a wooden statue over life-changing decisions? There's nothing concrete about it, half of it is in dispute, and most of it is written to serve someone's biased opinions. Sorry. I tend to rant on this topic ;)

GuzzyG
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2012, 4:24 pm

Yes sir! Major history buff reporting for duty..

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 12:39 am

I have an interest in war history, especially modern wars (c. Crimean War/American Civil War to now).

Armorer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2012, 6:53 pm

History is by far one of the most interesting subjects in the world

MotoScooby
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Nov 2012, 4:59 pm

I love ancient history, especially Roman history. I'm doing an A-level in ancient history at the moment and I'm really enjoying it as it focuses on ancient Greek and Roman history.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 6:28 pm

Funny you mention this because my friend who is two years older than me in freshman year of college, and is affected by AS much like I am (2 year delay,slightly narcisstic with low esteem) skipped (I think) 3 years of history in high school, and currently studying history at teh UM Ann Arbor (we're from the Metro Detroit area).

LaneWhitt
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Nov 2012, 8:56 pm

Yes! Greek and Egyptian History and Mythology is something I really enjoy.

AlmaBrown
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Nov 2012, 10:43 pm

History lover here! I'm so lucky, I get to study History in uni next year :D ... If I have to be specific, I'd say that Ancient Rome has always been a love of mine (near and dear to my heart). When I was younger, I dabbled a bit in the Tudor family and in the history of the Americas... I tend to bore people with my love of history but it's just so interesting.... 8O