Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 12:14 am

JakobVirgil wrote:
Joker wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

Yiddish is just a weak language for the weak.

Yiddish is a very rich and salty language. Unfortunately it is associated with Jews in distress in Christian countries. When Israel became a state they made Hebrew the every day language of the country. This is the language that was spoken by Jewish Warriors in days of old when Jews fought their enemies successfully.

ruveyn

I would rather be a Yid than a Israeli.
But mostly because yids are better company.

I would rather be a Israeli they are the toughest people on the planet I have great respect for them.

Its better then being russian :lol:

You would think this but is you had to hang out with them er...
Boring and Intense at the same time would be my best description.

Hmm that sounds like Ina :lol: :lol:

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 12:16 am

Joker wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Joker wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

Yiddish is a very rich and salty language. Unfortunately it is associated with Jews in distress in Christian countries. When Israel became a state they made Hebrew the every day language of the country. This is the language that was spoken by Jewish Warriors in days of old when Jews fought their enemies successfully.

ruveyn

I would rather be a Israeli they are the toughest people on the planet I have great respect for them.

Uncalled for Ina is not even in this convo.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 12:18 am

JakobVirgil wrote:
Joker wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Joker wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

ruveyn

It was a joke :lol: I couldn't think of anything to say I would say that having a Jewish mother in law could be a bit of a hassle but try living with a bunch of Irish Americans who insist on teaching Irish Nationalism some times I wish wasn't 3/4th Irish

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 12:25 am

Joker wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Joker wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Joker wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

ruveyn

It was a joke :lol: I couldn't think of anything to say I would say that having a Jewish mother in law could be a bit of a hassle but try living with a bunch of Irish Americans who insist on teaching Irish Nationalism some times I wish wasn't 3/4th Irish

Jewish mother in-law. Try having a Jewish mother.
I tease Inayaya when he says silly or dishonest things but I try not to take cheap-shots at him.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 12:27 am

JakobVirgil wrote:
Joker wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Joker wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Joker wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

ruveyn

Jewish mother in-law. Try having a Jewish mother.
I tease Inayaya when he says silly or dishonest things but I try not to take cheap-shots at him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Inayaya.

As do I in the past I do agree with him on some things but I am often butting heads with both conservatives and liberals because I am way to independent when it comes to politics.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 7:47 am

JakobVirgil wrote:

Perhaps, but a lot smarter than the average gentile.

Have you ever figured out why some of the best comedians and storytellers are Jewish?

ruveyn

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 12:16 am

ruveyn wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:

Have you ever figured out why some of the best comedians and storytellers are Jewish?

ruveyn

Jewish storytellers and comedians are some of my favorites I love Mel Brooks :wink:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 4:54 am

Here is a piece of irony. When Theodore Hertzel and others formed the Zionist Movement to create a Jewish state, the move was opposed by Ultra Orthodox Jews. They contended that a successor to the kingdom of David would be established by God, who would send a Moisheach (Messaiah) to do the deed. So you could say that the ultra orthodox initially were anti-Zionist.

The long term existence of the modern State of Israel (Midinoth Yisroel) is far from guaranteed. If the modern State fails or is destroyed, maybe the Ultras were right after all.

ruveyn

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 8:03 am

ruveyn wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:

ruveyn

Have you ever noticed that they are all non-Israelis?
The best Humor comes from being a informed outsider.
Israelis are seldom funny.
The only way to become a patriot is to suppress your sense of Irony.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 10:29 am

JakobVirgil wrote:

Have you ever noticed that they are all non-Israelis?
The best Humor comes from being a informed outsider.
Israelis are seldom funny.
The only way to become a patriot is to suppress your sense of Irony.

How much humor would you have if you were surrounded by bat-sh*t crazy people who wanted to kill you.

ruveyn

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 10:47 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
Whenever I hear/read the word "Zionist" I can see miles away that you are an anti-semitist trying too hard not to look like one.

That isn't true at all. I don't hate Jews, or even dislike them, but I don't like Israel's maltreatment of the Palestinians and I don't know why it exists.

Vexcalibur wrote:
Zionism, you do know that the whole word was made up after some scare because of some fake scrolls about a "Zion" conspiracy? That were a hoax?

*raises an eyebrow* Those are called the protocols of the elders of Zion, and just because it used the word Zion doesn't discredit the word Zion. The point was to use the word Zion in order to associate it with the Jews., and that Hoax was a deliberate attempt by the Russian Tsarist secret service at the time to stimulate pogroms against the jews. It has nothing to do specifically with the word Zion.

In fact 'Zion' goes far beyond that little text as it is an ancient name for Jerusalem particularly, and for the promised land in general as outlined in the Bible that the Jews ruled in Archaic Canaan.

Zionism itself was coined by Theodor Herzl before the Protocols were even published, and it was the belief that the Jews should retake the homeland. I don't think you can call anti-Zionism a cover for anti-semitism, because Zionism is a movement, not a nationality.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 11:40 am

Gedrene wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:

That isn't true at all. I don't hate Jews, or even dislike them, but I don't like Israel's maltreatment of the Palestinians and I don't know why it exists.

Two words: Theodore Hertzel.

And two prior words: Dreyfuss Affair. When Hertzel was covering the trial of Alfered Dreyfuss in France he clearly saw that the only way for Jews to survive as Jews was to have a nation of their own.

That is why. Anti-Semites are what created the Jewish State.

ruveyn

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 11:52 am

ruveyn wrote:
Two words: Theodore Hertzel.

For starters it's Hertzl, and second if you actually bothered to read my post and not be an idiot you'd actually find out that I talked about him already.

ruveyn wrote:
And two prior words: Dreyfuss Affair. When Hertzel was covering the trial of Alfered Dreyfuss in France he clearly saw that the only way for Jews to survive as Jews was to have a nation of their own.

Aye, and now I have a corrollary from a real Jewish Person:

Wikipedia_The_Dreyfus_Affair wrote:
The Jewish philosopher Emmanuel Lévinas often cited the words of his father: "A country that tears itself apart to defend the honor of a small Jewish captain is somewhere worth going."

ruveyn wrote:
That is why. Anti-Semites are what created the Jewish State.

ruveyn

No, Anti-semitism is what prompted Zionism as an idea. Zionism then influenced the Jews to agitate and work towards creating a Jewish state. So it was Zionist Jews that created a Jewish State, not Anti-Semitism. By your logic we could accuse Hitler's Grandfather of being guilty for causing the holocaust.

Just because Anti-semitism prompted Zionism, doesn't mean that all people who dislike Zionism are anti-semites. Saying that Anti-Zionism equals Anti-Semitism is the most gutless and not to mention defensive association fallacy I have ever seen. The whole idea of Zionism in Herzl's view was prompted by thinking that the Europeans will never treat Jews fairly. Well I do. However, it seems quite a few Zionists have carried this logic on and used it to abuse the Palestinians.