Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 1:25 pm

Inuyasha wrote:

Many Israelis know at least three langauges, while Israel's official language is Hebrew, many of them know Arabic and English as well.

Just as man non-hispanics in Florida, California and Texas know Spanish.

I know several businessmen in Miami FL who picked up Spanish. It is the language many of their customers speak.

ruveyn

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 4:12 pm

LKL wrote:
There are two aspects of Judaism: the religion, and the race. Not all Jews follow the Jewish religion, and not all religious Jews give a damn about Israel.

Anti-semitism is generally seen as a prejudice against the Jewish race. One can have a problem with how a certain branch of a religion followed by a certain portion of a group of people, without having a problem with the people as a whole.

I once dated a Jewish man who had deserted from the Israeli army. He supported the bombing of the UN camp in Lebanon 'because there were Hezbolla fighters hiding there,' but he disagreed with a lot of Israeli policies and, in fact, had deserted from the army because he didn't want to be a part of carrying them out. It would be pretty difficult to call him 'anti-Semitic.'

Qana massacre....

More than 100 civilians were killed there and they were mostly women and children.

Israel claimed that it was a retaliation against a missile launching source which was shot from there, the 'source' was in fact 220 meters southwest and 350 meters southeast away of the UN compound.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 4:21 pm

I would say it is but I don't really know it could be or it couldn't be :roll:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 4:36 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

More than 100 civilians were killed there and they were mostly women and children.

Israel claimed that it was a retaliation against a missile launching source which was shot from there, the 'source' was in fact 220 meters southwest and 350 meters southeast away of the UN compound.

Collateral damage. In WW2 the Allies killed nearly a million civilians in Germany and Japan. In wars, women and children are killed. It is unfortunate but that is what happens when wars are fought.

Since the Palestinians won't make peace, there will be war instead.

As the late Minister of Foreign Affairs for Israel, Abba Eben once said: The Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

ruveyn

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 4:40 pm

ruveyn wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Collateral damage. In WW2 the Allies killed nearly a million civilians in Germany and Japan. In wars, women and children are killed. It is unfortunate but that is what happens when wars are fought.

Since the Palestinians won't make peace, there will be war instead.

As the late Minister of Foreign Affairs for Israel, Abba Eben once said: The Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

ruveyn

I hope to be as wise as you some day ruveyn I am serious about that :)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 4:43 pm

Many of the anti-Zionistas are simply Stealth Anti-Semites. Now a days it is politically incorrect to be a Jew baiter but it is perfectly alright to be anti-Zionist or even an Israel hater. The love affair between the Jews and the gentile Liberals ended when the Israeli Jews had the gall not only to defend themselves against anihilation but to beat the living sh*t out of the Arab speaking nations that attacked them in 1967. How dare they! The Jews are supposed to be victims that the gentile Liberals can feel sorry for. How dare the Jews stand up and fight and (gasp!) win brilliantly?

ruveyn

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 6:06 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Many Israelis know at least three langauges, while Israel's official language is Hebrew, many of them know Arabic and English as well.

Hebrew and . . . Arabic are Israels official languages.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 6:16 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:

Yup. Add English (which is the most spoken language after Hebrew and Arabic and is very commonplace in signage and in business) and you have three languages.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 6:35 pm

Tequila wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:

Yup. Add English (which is the most spoken language after Hebrew and Arabic and is very commonplace in signage and in business) and you have three languages.

and want to hear something crazy Yiddish was banned in theaters and papers.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 8:03 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
Tequila wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:

Yiddish is the language of victims.

ruveyn

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 10:43 pm

ruveyn wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Tequila wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:

Yiddish is the language of victims.

ruveyn

Yiddish is just a weak language for the weak.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 11:18 pm

Joker wrote:

Yiddish is a very rich and salty language. Unfortunately it is associated with Jews in distress in Christian countries. When Israel became a state they made Hebrew the every day language of the country. This is the language that was spoken by Jewish Warriors in days of old when Jews fought their enemies successfully.

ruveyn

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 12:04 am

ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

Yiddish is a very rich and salty language. Unfortunately it is associated with Jews in distress in Christian countries. When Israel became a state they made Hebrew the every day language of the country. This is the language that was spoken by Jewish Warriors in days of old when Jews fought their enemies successfully.

ruveyn

I keep learning knew things you must have been a teacher.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 12:07 am

ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

ruveyn

I would rather be a Yid than a Israeli.
But mostly because yids are better company.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 12:10 am

JakobVirgil wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

ruveyn

I would rather be a Israeli they are the toughest people on the planet I have great respect for them.

Its better then being russian :lol:

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 12:12 am

Joker wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

ruveyn

I would rather be a Israeli they are the toughest people on the planet I have great respect for them.

Its better then being russian :lol:

You would think this but is you had to hang out with them er...
Boring and Intense at the same time would be my best description.