i can help 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
i cant help 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
i dont wanna help 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2

tomstuff
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Oct 2011, 8:16 pm

hi my name is tom im 13 and i may need occasional help for my new website here is the link.
as you can see its a work in progress. my youtube name is infotomstuff it is also a work in progress so any
help is welcome if you would like to help all i need is a
nickname or name so i know who you are, thanks :)

p.s. dont use a nickname/name if someone has already used it

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 8:46 pm

What sort of server are you running out of? Whatever it is, there's probably a file with a name something like index.html somewhere near the top of the directory structure you're serving. Changing the content in that will change what you're showing to the world.

Past that, you're in the territory of tools and techniques. Google jQuery, or even just HTML, and start reading and experimenting - you can save HTML files on your local PC and look at them with your browser. If you want a nice free editor, grab yourself a copy of Java and a jEdit.

Getting stuff from your PC to the server can be another stumbling block, but the ways around that depend on the tools you're using.

tomstuff
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Oct 2011, 9:13 pm

please dont get me wrong i dont mean to be mean but i sorta know how the site database works and i know basic html and css i just need some people to help with the programing

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 11:26 pm

Programming? What do you want the website to do? And what language do you want to tell it to do it in?

tomstuff
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Oct 2011, 12:02 am

well thats the point i dont know what i want it do thats part of what i need help with

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 2:54 am

tomstuff wrote:
well thats the point i dont know what i want it do thats part of what i need help with

Maybe brainstorming a few ideas will help you "wet someone's appetite" and get them interested in helping you out... even if it isn't brainstorming on the technical side of things so - what do you want your site to be about?

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

tomstuff
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Oct 2011, 5:29 pm

ok ill brainstorm and ill post with ideas later :) and you hooded shadow may be a very good help indeed :)

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 8:16 pm

I have used this and it is very good to were you can create .html files and if you don't know how to code webpages you don't need to if you don't want to

http://net2.com/nvu/