Birthday Party went great! 6 yo boy PDD NOS

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MomtoJoeJoe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2011, 3:05 pm

Hello all,

Just wanted to post a feel good story. My son had his 6th birthday party last night. We had a small party at home with only family and very close friends. My son is for now, PDD NOS, but I really feel he is closer to AS. Anyway, my best friend brought her son who is also soon to be six and mainly non verbal classic autism. They both played together very well. My son got upset at times because he said "Jayden won't talk to me" but I explained that he doesn't talk as much. They played WII together and it was so adorable because when they were playing bowling they would both "stim" and jump up and down together when either one got a strike.

My son kept saying, "you got a strike Jayden!!". It was really nice to see and I felt like they understood one another. It might not look how an average 6 year old party looks to anyone else but it was a blast for us parents to see.

Just wanted to post and say that some days are hard but some days are GREAT.

PS My son got a new laptop and I got an epic video of him reacting by running in circles with a huge smile saying "Yessssssss". It was awesome.

<3 take care and here is to good days for all of us!

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 4:07 pm

Thanks for the happy update!

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 6:04 pm

This is fantastic.

There will be many more great days to come!!

CR

freesia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2011, 6:58 pm

hi
nice to read this - made me smile!

SC_2010
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2011, 8:33 pm

Aww!! ! So cute! :)