Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

jessetalbot
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Oct 2011, 9:58 pm

So to start, I am 100% sure I have Asperger's, like there is no doubt in my mind, I love routines, I have very bad social skills, I HATE it when people touch me, I cant be in packed stores without freaking out because of a) the noise and b) the amount and proximity of people, I greatly dislike eye contact, I'd rather be alone, away from people but I still sometimes want to talk to them, I have very specific interest in things and there's more but you get my point. I don't know how to bring this kind of thing up though so I can be diagnosed, I mean on the spectrum scale I'm pretty high functioning but I really don't think my mom would understand and I think she'll just assume I want attention, when I KNOW I have this. At the same time, I kinda don't wanna bring it up because a doctor is just going to tell me what I already know, so what should I do, any input would be appreciated :).

Confused101
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Oct 2011, 12:03 am

Write down the major points of aspergers/autism that you can relate to then ask your mum if you can talk and point out the reasons why you think that way. You never know your mum might surprise big time